Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Garrosh 10NM, any tips?

    First of all, sorry for posting yet another Garrosh fight thread but I was wondering if you could give us any tips regarding the fight considering these logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4ccf7ax2ld4achhv/
    We're progressing him for the second week now but unfortunately we can get as far as around 45% in the second phase. The most major problem seems to be the small adds that spawn from the whirlwind. Any comments would be appreciated
    Last edited by banadona; 2013-11-03 at 09:43 PM.

  2. #2
    If you are wiping at 45% on phase 2 due to WW adds you have a quite big DPS issue. Aim for 2nd intermission on <40% (you won't be able to drop it much more on a first kill, but we got it to 35% for our first kill and our DPS is kinda bad).

    Regarding WW adds just nuke them when they spawn while making sure they are not within 5 yards of other adds. Unbuffed they hit for nothing, so don't try to aggo them. Each DPS should pick one up and burn it.

    EDIT: Just glanced over logs and on your longest try (10 min) you only have 2 DPS over 150k. One is a frost mage (with frost bomb) and the other is a warrior with 17% of his damage coming from bladestorm so they are just doing aoe.

    Checking damage done only to garrosh (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...2319&target=14) makes things pretty much clear.

    This is going to sound harsh, but it's your core issue. People doing under 100k effective DPS on single target don't belong on a raid.

    As a comparison here is our first kill damage on garrosh only -> http://worldoflogs.com/reports/u5kdi...8338&target=33. And as i said we have multiple DPS issues (heroic protectors dies just on the enrage, norushen enrages like half of the pulls, and dies with <10 seconds on enrage, etc). So pretty much tell your DPS to step up big time.
    Last edited by Inthislzon; 2013-11-02 at 07:53 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    If you are wiping at 45% on phase 2 due to WW adds you have a quite big DPS issue. Aim for 2nd intermission on <40% (you won't be able to drop it much more on a first kill, but we got it to 35% for our first kill and our DPS is kinda bad).

    Regarding WW adds just nuke them when they spawn while making sure they are not within 5 yards of other adds. Unbuffed they hit for nothing, so don't try to aggo them. Each DPS should pick one up and burn it.

    EDIT: Just glanced over logs and on your longest try (10 min) you only have 2 DPS over 150k. One is a frost mage (with frost bomb) and the other is a warrior with 17% of his damage coming from bladestorm so they are just doing aoe.

    Checking damage done only to garrosh (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...2319&target=14) makes things pretty much clear.

    This is going to sound harsh, but it's your core issue. People doing under 100k effective DPS on single target don't belong on a raid.

    As a comparison here is our first kill damage on garrosh only -> http://worldoflogs.com/reports/u5kdi...8338&target=33. And as i said we have multiple DPS issues (heroic protectors dies just on the enrage, norushen enrages like half of the pulls, and dies with <10 seconds on enrage, etc). So pretty much tell your DPS to step up big time.
    Not sure how are you reading the logs but i'm sure the dps pulls way more than 100k. Either I can't read the logs at all or my skada meter is also trash as the only dps that I saw on the fight do less than 200k dps was the warlock.
    But thx for the reply nontheless.

  4. #4
    Legendary! Treelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,894
    Inthislzon is talking about damage done to Garrosh only, not his adds.

    P.S. Don't forget WoL is currently broke so melee attacks aren't being counted currently.
    Last edited by Treelife; 2013-11-02 at 08:06 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by banadona View Post
    Not sure how are you reading the logs but i'm sure the dps pulls way more than 100k. Either I can't read the logs at all or my skada meter is also trash as the only dps that I saw on the fight do less than 200k dps was the warlock.
    But thx for the reply nontheless.
    Talking about damage to garrosh only. But yes, Treelife is right, Melee hits are now bugged so disregard the part about melee on my comment. Point still stands on lock/mage tho

  6. #6
    Tell your dps to spec for single target instead. AoE is really not important, so if someone is using a cleave trinket, tell him to throw it in the trash can for Galakras/Spoils progression.

    Frost bomb on the mage? That will net him a higher dps on the fight, especially with shatter, but it's a really, really bad talent choice since the only important dps you do here is on Garrosh. Everything else is about control.

    As for the adds spawning, make sure everyone spreads out as wide as they possibly can. Tell everyone to only focus the add that spawns from the purple pool under you. Tell them to not focus any other add except throwing a DoT or something to make sure you don't out-aggro.

    Also make sure everyone picks up the correct talents for helping the healers during the whirls.

    Example: Your mage is using Ice Barrier and Cold Snap. Tell him that this is a BAD idea. He should be using Temporal Shield and Greater Invisibility or Cauterize if he's not able to use it properly.

    Temporal Shield CD will be up every single Whirl and with it, he'll be able to survive the whole thing with only minor heals. Greater Invis will let him survive any mechanic, but Cauterize can be used if he's not good with Greater Invis. (which he should learn since it's the spell that saves my ass on every fight)

    I don't think I Ice Blocked even once on our attempts except during wipes when I needed to exit combat to mass ress, so I really don't understand why he would run with Cold Snap.

    And as he's the highest dps, I'm sure a lot of the other players in your group isn't playing optimally.
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  7. #7
    Get a tank to kite all the adds that spawn with the whirlwind

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by naytiry View Post
    Get a tank to kite all the adds that spawn with the whirlwind
    Not really a viable tactic with the lacking dps they have.
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  9. #9
    The easiest thing I found for phase 2 is to never swap to the Desecrated Weapons. After phase 1 you have the entire room to move around. Have the melee & tanks stack in the middle with the ranged moving in a circle around the room. When a desecrated weapon gets thrown at the ranged group, stack on melee for mind control, then immediately stack the ranged back against the wall somewhere else and prepare for whirling corruption. Swapping to the Corrupted Weapons after phase 1 is alot of wasted DPS.

  10. #10
    You don't need to swap, just dot them up and wait for them to die. Maybe a couple instants as you close in but you can bounce from A to B and back to A the entire phase 2

  11. #11
    Well I can tell that you are having big issues with your DPS. No idea how you managed to get through to Garrosh with such dps. The Warlock in particular. Looking at the logs he has immolate on anything only 40% of the fight. He has 552ilvl and does DPS adequate to ToT at best. I see he does dps the weapon quite a bit but even then he should pull about 100k more dmg in general. Overall, the dps should focus on single target and start using their personal survival cooldowns as I see almost noone except the Holy Pala and the mage does. You guys really need either to do something about these people or replace them because you won't get anywhere further with such guys, wondering how you got where you are in the first place.

  12. #12
    Blademaster Ragewulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by naytiry View Post
    Get a tank to kite all the adds that spawn with the whirlwind
    Really a terrible strat period imo. The adds can be handled by dps, you don't need to kite them.

    To note if you are having trouble with the first adds in phase 2 the last adds that come out with the MCs are going to wipe you all day in phase 3.

    What I did was save Army of the Dead until the last set of adds, they will tank all of them while you kill the boss. Any other adds should be manageable by nuking.

    For a comparison, here is our first kill on Garrosh 10 normal

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...=29817&e=30343

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by banadona View Post
    First of all, sorry for posting yet another Garrosh fight thread but I was wondering if you could give us any tips regarding the fight considering these logs:
    www[dot]worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/4ccf7ax2ld4achhv/
    We're progressing him for the second week now but unfortunately we can get as far as around 45% in the second phase. The most major problem seems to be the small adds that spawn from the whirlwind. Any comments would be appreciated
    I also have to ask what Rioter is doing in your group, 5th on healing and 8th on damage. I see him casting heals and doing melee attacks so I assume he is fist weaving. I would tell him to stop and actually heal or have him go windwalker and actually dps. The half and half isn't helping you.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire Ailyara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Posts
    430
    I get the feeling that people who say "just get a tank to kite all the adds" are 25m raiders who don't understand that 10 mans typically can't afford to carry a third tank Or they rolled into the 10m version with an overgeared tank who could pretty much solo tank garrosh the whole time.

  14. #14
    having a tank kite the adds in phase 3 is viable in 10man . we have our monk tank do it np problem

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragewulf View Post
    I also have to ask what Rioter is doing in your group, 5th on healing and 8th on damage. I see him casting heals and doing melee attacks so I assume he is fist weaving. I would tell him to stop and actually heal or have him go windwalker and actually dps. The half and half isn't helping you.
    He is using RSK and FoF. He's already WW on that log.

  16. #16
    Adding logs from today. We managed to get a bit further into the fight. Keep in mind that the logs are broken atm and do not show melee hits at all.
    Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ztrufvmtv7t2i35o/
    Last edited by banadona; 2013-11-03 at 09:41 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragewulf View Post
    Really a terrible strat period imo. The adds can be handled by dps, you don't need to kite them.
    Wouldn't say it's a terrible strat. Made our first kill tremendously easier. While we were progressing on him and after numerous wipes we decided to have tank kite all adds after the 1st set which we killed and found it much easier for the kill. Only had 2 sets of adds before phase 3. However that's probably is unrealistic with OP's dps but it's not a "terrible strat.

    Also makes phase 3 go by a lot quicker with dps only having to switch targets for mcs, allowing them to put a ton more dps on the boss which is what you should want anyways.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    I get the feeling that people who say "just get a tank to kite all the adds" are 25m raiders who don't understand that 10 mans typically can't afford to carry a third tank Or they rolled into the 10m version with an overgeared tank who could pretty much solo tank garrosh the whole time.
    We were able to do it 10m with 550ish tanks at the time, not a whole lot overgeared

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire Ailyara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Posts
    430
    In phase 3 sure, they were talking about a 10 man kiting adds in phase 2. Phase 3 shouldn't last too very long.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    In phase 3 sure, they were talking about a 10 man kiting adds in phase 2. Phase 3 shouldn't last too very long.
    If you have the dps, the last part of phase 2 after coming out of intermission won't last very long either. It'll last even shorter if you have adds kited. Our first kill would have had maybe 3 sets of adds in phase 2 if the OT had not kited the 2nd set. If you can get him sub 40%ish by the end of the intermission then having OT kite them is probably the best choice, a hell of a lot easier on your dps and a quicker kill. We were kind of having trouble killing adds quickly during our 10m progression before our 1st kill so this strat kind of worked better for us (however we killed the very first set of adds, OT took the rest)

    I think your tanks stacks will drop off during the transition from phase 2 to phase 3 so tanks should be fine if you keep the last part of phase 2 short enough.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-11-04 at 01:22 AM.

  20. #20
    Question, were attempting this Tuesday, just made it to him.

    Prot Pally
    Blood DK

    Ele
    Surivial / Bm Hunter
    Spriest
    Destro Lock
    Rogue

    Disc / Holy priest
    MW Monk
    Hpally


    Is 3 healing viable? Our dps is about 560 -565 ilvl, heals are 545-558 and tanks are 560+.
    I would prefer to 3 heal, but our other choice is disc/holy priest goes shadow and pulls 140k+.

    Also do you guys ignore the desecrate axe in phase 2 and put them around the room? or take the time to multi dot / kill em.


    Any tips would be helpful going into it. / nice strats.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •