Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    First expansions w/o new races, new class, new villians and new events(if all would happen in the past :P)
    Last edited by mmoc9f96497ef5; 2013-11-02 at 10:25 PM.

What's with this mindset of "NO WAY WE NEED A NEW RACE OR CLASS WE NEED IT!!! THERE'S NO WAY THEY CAN DO NEW MODELS!!! IT NEEDS TO BE NEW CLASS OR RACE!!!"?

Have you, perhaps, stopped and thought "Maybe the game has enough classes and races right now? Maybe it doesn't need even more? Maybe there is such a thing as 'comfortable stopping point'"?

I feel updating the models, right now, is currently far bigger than a new class or race. What's the point of a nice, smooth, new race with lots of audio and animations when the old models still look like absolute shit?

No new race and class could happen. There are other forms of content other than classes and races.

I feel WoW needs another new tankclass to cope with the shortage so i hope not.
    Either that or a severe overhaul to make Demo Locks/BM hunters actual viable tanks.
    Pets tanking and gaining aggro due to their masters dps or something might be an interesting route.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    No way, new models would destroy any new race they could add. People have been begging for it for years, if we only got a new race and class again that would be a huge disappointment... I know people who would resubscribe for those models.
    I know people who would stop subscribing if there won't be new races and classes.

No but in all seriousness, how would new models destroy any new race? If they decide to bring in new models and a new race, I'm pretty sure people will play the new race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they'll give us something. The team's increase in size makes it much easier to balance an additional class. It could go either way though. I would bet money on at least a new class or race WITH new models being rolled throughout the duration of this expansion. The tenth anniversary of WoW is on the horizon and the 20th of the Warcraft franchise, I think they'll go all out. I think this expansion might actually offer some pretty cool stuff. Let's hope this isn't another Cataclysm and another MoP that is WAY out of left field. I haven't been this excited for a Blizzcon since 2007 waiting for the WotLK trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the heck should we drop 40 bucks if we get neither a new class or a new race

10+ Year Old Account
    Food for thought:

BC: Two new races
    Wrath: New Class
    Cata: Two new races
    MoP: New Race, New Class

I think we're due for an expac with just a new class, probably a hero class.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    25% in a year is not "on the horizon" theyve said time and time again that they WILL NOT sacrifice content in order to get the models done faster.

we are getting a new race or class, thats a fact. unless they lied and the models are secretly done theres no way they will give us an expansion without anything added in
    But how do we know that they are really only 25% done? It wouldn't surprise me if they lied and actually showed them off at Blizzcon lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The seemingly popular mentality on forums is that we can have either new models, or a new race/class.

That's how great Blizzard has become at giving us "the business".

It would be quite feasible to implement both. I personally wouldn't want to see another class/race, unless it was something super lore appropriate in regards to the fight against x5's big bad, or the cooling tensions between the alliance and the horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why the heck should we drop 40 bucks if we get neither a new class or a new race
    This is a really, really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    What's with this mindset of "NO WAY WE NEED A NEW RACE OR CLASS WE NEED IT!!! THERE'S NO WAY THEY CAN DO NEW MODELS!!! IT NEEDS TO BE NEW CLASS OR RACE!!!"?

Have you, perhaps, stopped and thought "Maybe the game has enough classes and races right now? Maybe it doesn't need even more? Maybe there is such a thing as 'comfortable stopping point'"?

I feel updating the models, right now, is currently far bigger than a new class or race. What's the point of a nice, smooth, new race with lots of audio and animations when the old models still look like absolute shit?
    an expansion is supposed to EXPAND on current content not just revamp it...

New Models and either a new class or new races are a must for me. Though emphasis on the new models, I will be raging hard if that's not a major focus of blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    New Models and either a new class or new races are a must for me. Though emphasis on the new models, I will be raging hard if that's not a major focus of blizzcon.
    I'm in the same boat, well, I don't really "rage" but at this point the only thing thats going to bring me back to WoW would be the new models. New models + new race/class + revamp outland = win.

I am honestly feeling comfortable with the amount of classes/races. If they HAD to add one I think they should add a class over a new race. I'd rather have updated models and a new class. Any race they could introduce at this moment would be silly to me. The Horde and Alliance are getting too big, I think they should focus on remaking the character models over making a race.

Thats just my opinion, I will be pissed if we don't get any updated character models this expansion. If we at least get SOME updated character models and a new class or race I'll still be happy.
    Last edited by StrayFox; 2013-11-02 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's been "working" on these new models for at least a year. It pisses me off that they'll likely claim new models took development time from the expansion.

And what I mean by that is Programmers and World Designers =/= Modelers in most situations.
    Last edited by Steampunk; 2013-11-02 at 11:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    Blizzard's been "working" on these new models for at least a year. It pisses me off that they'll likely claim new models took development time from the expansion.

And what I mean by that is Programmers and World Designers =/= Modelers in most situations.
    They have been working on them since WotLK Alpha. The excuses on why it hasn't been done already is appalling.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    I feel WoW needs another new tankclass to cope with the shortage so i hope not.
    Either that or a severe overhaul to make Demo Locks/BM hunters actual viable tanks.
    Pets tanking and gaining aggro due to their masters dps or something might be an interesting route.
    Tanking classes aren't the issue. The issue is that people don't want to put up with being blamed for random people's problems in LFR/LFG. There are plenty of tanks, but they tend to stick to groups they know to get the job done. Besides, the only two classes that were added were both tanks and that did little to solve the issue. Same people are tanking, just different classes.

OT: New models por favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    A new class might be pushing it a little but I can see a new race

Personally, I would be very disappointed if I didn't get something new to try out.I don't think I'd quit over it but I definitely wont be as quick to resub (currently not).

Watch them surprise us all...

TWO new classes. Demon Hunter or Tinker? Fuck it here's both! I know doubtful but hey...I can dream right?