Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

First Expansion Without A New Race or Class?

We recently just got a new race AND a new class in MoP, and with new model updates probably on the horizon... do you guys think this will be the first expansion without a new race or a new class?

WoW does have tons of classes already and tons of races.

I for one would RATHER have newer models but that is just my opinion.

Deleted
    We need neither new race nor a new class. Focus on the old models and quest/raid/whatevernewamazing content instead.

Deleted
    How about we get new models, new races and new class?

It is not like they only have 1 guy doing everything.
    But new models take time, and if you have used a 3D modeling program you would know that 9 people can't work on the same model at the same itme.

Deleted
    I think we'll just get new char models, wich is fine imho...

Deleted
    Getting new models and a new race: Great.
    Getting only new models: Great.
    Getting only a/two new race: Bad. Even if it was the standard.
    Getting nothing: Very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    I think we'll just get new char models, wich is fine imho...
    no it isnt. It was expected 2 years ago. Its a very weak selling point and can only be used in order to complement other selling points.

They need someone new, race, class, new class specs w.e. New models are underwhelming and are not enough.
    Chronomancer Club

Deleted
    New models would trump either a new race or class IMO. Imagine new Undead, Troll and Orc skins *drool*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    no it isnt. It was expected 2 years ago. Its a very weak selling point and can only be used in order to complement other selling points.

They need someone new, race, class, new class specs w.e. New models are underwhelming and are not enough.
    Id put money on the vast majority of players wanting 8-9 (not including gender) skins for well known races than getting 1 new race model. The potential of a brand new Undead model alone would probably trump anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    New models are underwhelming and are not enough.
    No way, new models would destroy any new race they could add. People have been begging for it for years, if we only got a new race and class again that would be a huge disappointment... I know people who would resubscribe for those models.

I would prefer new race/class.It's just always more exciting to get something new than better looking old.Also new stuff bring new lore,casting and melee animations,if class new spells and playstyle,etc. Can't imagine that the redoing of old models would be that interesting compared to what we give up in return.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I for on wouldn't take the updated models as a replacement. Revamped Content != New Content

If anything, I think Blizz will go big on this expansion. I'm predicting 2 races and a class, plus doing 10 levels and touching up Outland.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The new models are not and have never been in focus, they are being treaten as a side-project of a sort, but it's not something that they prioritize very highly, as they have said numerous times. Furthermore, only 20% or so is done, which would amount to a very dissapointing package for an expansion's release. They aren't taking over Races or Classes.

We will be getting a new faction though, of the previously confirmed Iron Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Revamped Content != New Content
    This is the first revamped content everyone agrees is needed. We need new models, not another race. We just got one, why get another? A new class I can see maybe but I'd be fine without a new race or class in favor of updated character models. plus they can spend even more time putting it towards other content more needed.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    and with new model updates probably on the horizon...
    25% in a year is not "on the horizon" theyve said time and time again that they WILL NOT sacrifice content in order to get the models done faster.

we are getting a new race or class, thats a fact. unless they lied and the models are secretly done theres no way they will give us an expansion without anything added in
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Updated models are ok as a side thing, but not a replacement for new races/classes.
    New class would be best, goes better with new models then a new race with new models. Hero class even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    We need neither new race nor a new class. Focus on the old models and quest/raid/whatevernewamazing content instead.
    I agree with this

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    This is the first revamped content everyone agrees is needed. We need new models, not another race. We just got one, why get another? A new class I can see maybe but I'd be fine without a new race or class in favor of updated character models. plus they can spend even more time putting it towards other content more needed.
    If it is needed, then it shouldn't be seen as content. It should be seen as a mandatory upgrade.

Blizz got bit in the ass when they claimed 1-60 was content enough to make up for the bad 80+ in Cata. I truly hope they don't make the mistake of thinking needed revamps are contra-new content again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

There's already enough races and classes in this game. Don't need more...
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

Playing the same race and class over and over and over eventually gets boring, not on your main but on your alts aswell, you'll run out of things to level up with friends etc, at least that's the way I see it which is why I always always always prefer new class/race over updated versions of current ones, besides the WoW dev team has increased in size by shit tons since MoP was in the works, they can pull of all 3. Getting just new models after 2 years of waiting would be kinda "meh" especially when we all know they could have added one or two extra races into the bunch, and seeing as how Arrakoa,High Elves,Ethereal,Ogres,Nagas and bunch of other possible candidates already have models/skeletons it wouldn't take a lot of time to bring em up to date. If there's no new class or race(s) in the new expansion I'll be extremely disappointed but not to the point where I would rage over it and I know a lot of people would feel the same way.

Deleted
    So were are getting the scaling for old instances, new class/race would fit so well, could actually do instances while leveling without boosting. Then again my character slots are already full on the realm. I mainly play on 2 accounts on turns, and dont even have each race and sex combo (dwarf female, male draenai, female troll, male night elf and goblins missing) the ultimate goal, but for that would need a lot more new Classes(4th spec on each class isn't enough). Having already 2 of each class at max lvl is quite enough, not counting chars on not so active raf accounts.