[Speculation]: Titan + Warcraft IV announced @Blizzcon 2013

Why?

Every year World of Warcraft gets leaked pre Blizzcon, this year it's incredibly tight lipped

The Dark Below and Warlords of Draenor are Warcraft IV RTS and "Titan"

Titan is World of Warcraft, as the time travel "Total War" history MMORPG "Titan" that got reset is being used in Time Travel World of Warcraft e.g. with Warlords of Draenor "Titan" = Sargeras

Think about it:
    1) No Blizzcon for two years
    2) No World of Warcraft leaks; screens, footage etc.
    3) Titan is reset "coincidently"

Think about this:

What would you be most excited about and to see at the opening ceremony when it starts?:
    1) Warcraft IV with Starcraft II graphics or better, farming creeps with hero on map
    2) Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (You know it exists already, can be cinematic + launch date + collectors edition)
    3) Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void (You know it exists already, Protoss adventure lore, teaser cinematic, possible launch date?)
    4) World of Warcraft in glorious HD overhauled graphics that is the next-gen MMORPG from Blizzard

Convince me why the next WoW expansion hasn't leaked this year if Blizzard didn't have two big surprises like this prepared to be unveiled?

- - - Updated - - -

Level 60-70 Outlands redone and the new level 90+ content

10+ Year Old Account
    Than what would the WoW expansion be ??

Tin Foil Hat Time !!!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Yeah that sounds great and all, but they already said that titan was a new franchise and has nothing to do with any existing franchise. Take that!

Quote Originally Posted by davok View Post
    Yeah that sounds great and all, but they already said that titan was a new franchise and has nothing to do with any existing franchise. Take that!
    They said that before it was reset. Take that back! ;O

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be surprised if Blizzard announced a Warcraft IV. Hell it would be uber awesome, but i don't see it.

Who knows though.. stranger things have happened
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Qithlorien View Post
    It being reset is largely irrelevant. It's still going to have the same idea behind it. Just like Starcraft got reset because it felt like "Orcs in Space" and then they remade the core mechanics but the idea stayed the same. Titan still has nothing to do with WoW, if I had to guess it just felt too similar to WoW so they reset it to make it from scratch with different mechanics so it felt significantly different.

I would actually love if Warlords of Draenor was Warcraft IV, and then the WoW expansion was The Dark Below or something totally unrelated that hasn't leaked at all yet. But I guess we'll know in a couple of days, things will get revealed very soon.

Deleted
    reset will take them at least 4 another years, take that.

Warcraft 4 on the other hand is possible, if not this Blizzcon, maybe next one after last SC2 expansion

Deleted
    lvl 90+ content in the new expansion? Now I know you're smoking something.

It'll be for lvl 50s only.

10+ Year Old Account
    The development being reset has very little to do with it...

I highly doubt they'd go "well we were working on this first-person shooter steampunk game about mystical artifacts and other fantabulous things, but hell... let's just make it a WoW expansion about Outland."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

No Titan at Blizzcon. Maybe they mention it and maybe they tell use what sort of game it in 2016. But Titan right now is not playable and delayed until 2016.

According to the report, Blizzard has whittled down the 100-person Titan development team to just 30 staffers, reassigning the rest to other projects. VentureBeat says that the "core team" has hit the reset button on the next-gen MMO, which is now expected no earlier than 2016.

"We've come to a point where we need to make some large design and technology changes to the game. We're using this opportunity to shift some of our resources to assist with other projects while the core team adapts our technology and tools to accommodate these new changes. Note that we haven't announced any dates for the MMO."

Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

No.

Titan was starting an overhaul just earlier this year. This means that it's a few years away from being ready for show.

You're WC4 theory is impossible. WC4 is like a decade away, if it's happening at all. The WC3 team is still working on SC2, so before any WC4 development can start, the team needs to finish SC2:LotV. Then there will be like 5 years of development work before a reveal, which puts the WC4 reveal around 2018-2019 at the earliest.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-11-04 at 10:05 AM.