Deleted

The art of Chakra Dancing

Hi guys,

Nab question incoming i'm afraid...

Having played disc/Shadow for years in thought i'd give Holy a spin for PvP due to Chastise.

How do people deal with switching Chakra's without having to use another 3 key binds to switch between them?

Thanks in advance...

Deleted
    When I was holy I used Alt+mousewheel up and down to switch between two chakras. 3rd chakra ( sanctuary in pvp or chastise in pve ) aren't used very often.

If u re going to use only 2 it might be possible to do some macro that will always cast the another chakra.
    Last edited by mmoc8a27148bc4; 2013-11-02 at 11:17 PM.

I wouldn't call it a dance, more like a respec.

i liked the original chakra version where if you cast the same ability it made the chakra last longer or it would reset to chastise sadly it was changed to boring buff :/
    Toss the dice until we fly, to dance with Jak o' the Shadows

If you truly want to Chakra Dance, you'll want a custom macro bind to cancelaura on all 3 Chakras, while binding Serenity and Sanctuary separately. You can make a fourth for chastise, but this one isn't as high priority due to the cancelaura macro. Here's why:

You're a healer, so you'll usually be in a healing chakra. If you need to disorient someone, it's not worth the 30s cooldown of shifting to Chastise. Instead, you can use the cancelaura macro to drop your chakra state so you can access your disorient (which at that point, your goal is probably to cc the pesky dps trained on you), and then shift back to a healing chakra again. This way, you won't be stuck at a reduced healing capacity for 30 seconds.

Deleted
    We are talking about pvp holy here are we?
    Iirc chakra has only 5s cd with the pvp 4pc. So changing chakra is less painfull.

As far as i know you should be in yellow Chakra most of the time since the instant and renewrefreshing is quite good.
    You want to use the red chakra if you help with dps.
    And i think the only time the blue chakra is interesting is for divine hymn.

I think a good way would be macros:
    Blue Chakra is macro'd into divine hymn
    Red Chakra is macro'd into holy fire for example
    Yellow Chakra could be macro'd into everything else
    And finally you have a macro with cancelaura and chastise for the disorient

Remember that those makros only really work for pvp because in pve you handle Chakras differently

Deleted
    I have one key (macro) to toggle between serenity and sanctuary - I know what chakra I want to start a fight in. Separate key for chastise.

How do you write that macro to work with key binds? I haven't played holy since the beginning of the expansion due to having to many healers / not enough dips and I still use the klick way of doing it. As in getting up the chakra thing where all 3 is and then choose from that.
    Meaning I haven't had to bother with that in a while, so I'd appreciate all the help on such things atm

Quote Originally Posted by Kent1000 View Post
    i liked the original chakra version where if you cast the same ability it made the chakra last longer or it would reset to chastise sadly it was changed to boring buff :/
    I liked Chakra better when it didn't exist.

To the OP

Bind Smite Chakra with Holy Fire
    and have the other two on separate keybinds

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I liked Chakra better when it didn't exist.

To the OP

Bind Smite Chakra with Holy Fire
    and have the other two on separate keybinds
    I used this, but also mousewheel for the other two. Works well.