Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually just laugh. I find people who start acting like the shit for no real reason quite amusing. Nothing breaks their pride more than laughing at them while they are in their "I'm a badass!" mode.

Deleted
    Not sure what you mean by "big guy" but I'm pretty tall if you meant that I confront them because I'm not the person to back down. But I won't hit them for no reason because I'm smarter than that. Ignoring gives the asshole a feeling of fear from your side. Eventually they will back down when they feel you don't have any fear towards them.

I usually just ignore 'em. 6'1" / 185cm, and about 250lbs / 115kg. Aside from at school many years ago, I've only had this happen a couple of times. However, I have had small men in the office trying to give me a hard time - same thing, unfortunately.

I'm not likely to thump someone till I get pissed off, and it takes a lot to do that. I'm told when I'm pissed it's bloody obvious to everyone in the area; hell, I've even had people messing around in raid chat / on vent, suddenly back down and apologise and I've not even said anything!

Actually that reminds me of a team meeting 10yrs ago or so, where my manager stitched me up to his manager. When we came out one of my colleagues sidled up to me and said "He backed down awfully fast - when the thunderclouds started circling over your head, he went white as a sheet! Don't blame him though - that's the first time I've ever noticed just how f*cking big you are!" .... I'd been in the team for about 15 months at that point.

I'm all of 5'8", 135, and my experience is that bluntly telling people to fuck off results in them fucking off the vast majority of the time.

Apparently everyone on these forums is either a security guard, a jiu jitsu practitioner, or Jason Statham. I'm gettin a big old lolz out of it all.

"HE BEST BELIEVE HE GOIN THROUGH A VENDING MACHINE"

My experience is your experience is rare. Hell your situation is comical. A random fish lovin surfer wants to pick a fight using his love for nature as a facade? Thats straight out of brickleberry.

Otherwise, if you're alone in a fight-prone place, you're exposing yourself to more fights. This doesn't include Beaches, Wild Life Reserves or Tennis Courts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Apparently everyone on these forums is either a security guard, a jiu jitsu practitioner, or Jason Statham. I'm gettin a big old lolz out of it all.
    Not everyone is 150cm like you are. People are getting taller and heavier, get used to it.

My uncle who is 60+ is ~205cm, I feel small compared to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Not everyone is 150cm like you are. People are getting taller and heavier, get used to it.

My uncle who is 60+ is ~205cm, I feel small compared to him.
    Annnnnnd now we've got the forum big guys now! I'm 6'1" (185 cm had to look that up) and 180lbs (81kg). You don't have to be one of these professions to have a body type cutiepie.

My size has nothing to do with why I don't get in fights. I'm a systems engineer and I work with other engineers. I go out with my non engineer friends. I never go out alone because fuck that. When I am somewhere alone. Guess what, I don't act like a jackass and it nets me ZERO FIGHTS because we don't live in an MTV movie.

Edit: Jason Statham is only 5'10" btw, if that makes it any clearler that I was making the point that everyone here is making themselves sound so violent and Professionally trained rather than "GOD IM SO TINY COMPARED TO EVERYONE"
    Last edited by Pwellzor; 2013-11-03 at 03:26 PM.

I'm of what I'd consider average height, about 5'10, and I've had similar happen on a number of occasions. I don't think it's a matter of size, I think it's because I come off as a jerkoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnate View Post
    I'm of what I'd consider average height, about 5'10, and I've had similar happen on a number of occasions. I don't think it's a matter of size, I think it's because I come off as a jerkoff.
    THIS^ And it's okay!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    6'2 have had lots of guys start shit for no reason whilst at pubs/clubs.

They always seem to be 5'5 at most and do it with a group of friends.

A few times I've needed to go all the way to actually knocking them out, most the times can just intimidate them enough for them to walk off.

My favourite line when a moron realises he can't take you but wants to save face in front of people "I would but you aren't worth it".

Deleted
    Leave them in a bloody pulp - justice.

Deleted
    Guess what, I don't act like a jackass and it nets me ZERO FIGHTS because we don't live in an MTV movie.
    Not everyone who plays WoW or games in general is an office worker - some of us actually work in the field on jobs that require us to be in good mental and physical shape in order to be able to do our jobs properly.

And I wouldn't have guessed that you aren't a jackass from your reply, because you sure did a good job at painting a picture of yourself as one.

Deleted
    Be a grown up, evolved human being and walk away. I fought only once in my life and after that I was really scared I hurt the guy, so ever since then I'm walking away no matter what, it's not worth it.

Not everyone who plays WoW or games in general is an office worker - some of us actually work in the field on jobs that require us to be in good mental and physical shape in order to be able to do our jobs properly.

And I wouldn't have guessed that you aren't a jackass from your reply, because you sure did a good job at painting a picture of yourself as one.
    I was a dockhand before I went to school. I worked with more drunken assholes than I care to know. I've (with help) had to restrain a few but I knew I was in a situation where it would be common. THERE ARE PROTOCOLS FOR THAT.

I have a friend who graduated from VA tech and was an EMT for a while before he went to med school. He wasn't big, but he was always with 3 People. Guess what, he's alive, and he didn't practice any Martial arts to stay that way.

Its the little things in posts that say a lot.

"190cm+"

Are you accounting that we are an inch shorter when we sleep than when we wake up? or is this just to let everyone know how big of a badass you are?

"And I wouldn't have guessed that you aren't a jackass from your reply, because you sure did a good job at painting a picture of yourself as one."

If I went into a club and said what I posted people would laugh. If I went in to a club and said what half of these forumgoers posted, I'd be a wall ornament.

Also "good mental shape". Are you kidding me? An engineer is a good bit different than an "office worker" buddy. To say that one doesn't need to be in mental shape to be an engineer is like saying you don't need legs to walk. Go home, I can't take you seriously any more.
    Last edited by Pwellzor; 2013-11-03 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    A few times I've needed to go all the way to actually knocking them out, most the times can just intimidate them enough for them to walk off.
    People that say that "had to" knock someone out are usually people that like fighting. Just be real about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Being in shape doesn't really result in getting in fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm all of 5'8", 135, and my experience is that bluntly telling people to fuck off results in them fucking off the vast majority of the time.
    You and I are around the same height and weight, I'd have to fully agree with you. They would look like idiots if they threw the first punch at someone so small and that's the way I see it so therefore we just laugh at them.

- - - Updated - - -

I was a dockhand before I went to school. I worked with more drunken assholes than I care to know. I've (with help) had to restrain a few but I knew I was in a situation where it would be common. THERE ARE PROTOCOLS FOR THAT.

I have a friend who graduated from VA tech and was an EMT for a while before he went to med school. He wasn't big, but he was always with 3 People. Guess what, he's alive, and he didn't practice any Martial arts to stay that way.

Its the little things in posts that say a lot.

"190cm+"

Are you accounting that we are an inch shorter when we sleep than when we wake up? or is this just to let everyone know how big of a badass you are?

"And I wouldn't have guessed that you aren't a jackass from your reply, because you sure did a good job at painting a picture of yourself as one."

If I went into a club and said what I posted people would laugh. If I went in to a club and said what half of these forumgoers posted, I'd be a wall ornament.

Also "good mental shape". Are you kidding me? An engineer is a good bit different than an "office worker" buddy. To say that one doesn't need to be in mental shape to be an engineer is like saying you don't need legs to walk. Go home, I can't take you seriously any more.
    Who's going to be the first to walk away from this? I feel like a fight is about to happen.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Being in shape doesn't really result in getting in fights.
    And office workers aren't necessarily out of shape. And aren't necessarily untrained at fighting. Etc.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox McCloud View Post
    You and I are around the same height and weight, I'd have to fully agree with you. They would look like idiots if they threw the first punch at someone so small and that's the way I see it so therefore we just laugh at them.

- - - Updated - - -

Who's going to be the first to walk away from this? I feel like a fight is about to happen.
    Thank god I'm a jiuJitsu EMT Nurse Space Wizard Cowboy MMA star of the Gorilla. I might not "win" otherwise

Deleted
    I am 2 meters and 112 kilograms and I only intervened 1 fight which involved some friends they all walked back slowly and instead of punches we talked it over.
    But if I leave my friends out I never had fight that involved me personally I try to avoid it but I will fight if it must and even then I let them ave the first punch so I can always say it is self defence.

Thank god I'm a jiuJitsu EMT Nurse Space Wizard Cowboy MMA star of the Gorilla. I might not "win" otherwise
    You missed a part. It should be "jiu jitsu EMT Nurse Space Wizard Cowboy MMA star of the Gorilla Terminator Jedi teleported from the future from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away."

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.