Deleted

LFR Garrosh Hellscream

Hey,

Just couple days ago I went to LFR that killed Garrosh Hellscream with an extraordinary tactic.

One of the healers claimed that we should keep stacked in one spot all of the time. We cleaved and aoe healed untill boss died (of course did middle phases normally). No movement to anywhere at all (except the iron star guy).

Have you guys encountered this kind of tactic? I found it a bit game breaking (taking away all the excitement).
    Last edited by mmoc8d0614f38b; 2013-11-04 at 11:56 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    Hey,

Just couple days ago I went to LFR that killed Garrosh Hellscream with an extraordinary tactic.

One of the healers claimed that we should keep stacked in one spot all of the time. We cleaved and aoe healed untill boss died (of course did middle phases normally). No movement to anywhere at all (except the iron star guy).

Have you guys encountered this kind of tactic? I found it a bit game breaking (taking away all the excitement).
    So someone watched a HC vid and decided "hey, that works".
    You just stack and cleave / aoe heal everything in P1 on heroic because the adds fixate on random people, meaning the entire raid has to be stacked anyway to make sure you can cleave properly. Some bait the weapon away with 7 people when it's about to be cast, others just pop a CD and outheal .

Deleted
    Nope, weapon and everything was in middle of the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched my GF doing LFR GH yesterday, and well, using the normal tactics just didn't work, perhaps this is a good idea. When you involve something as simple as moving into LFR it all falls to bits, so stacking may very well work a charm.

interesting. any particular spot you stood in or wherever?

sounds better then wiping till you get 5x determination tbh ;p

I am aware of it and did it yesterday.

You stand in the very middle of the room (circle). Killing the engineers like normal (we did not even need the iron stars) so we just killed the engineer who does the throne star. P1 Garry just melted we had a couple of DKs put down AMZ to help the damage a bit but the adds and desecrate dropped so fast it did not matter. In p2 ranged guy only moves out to kill engineer then straight back to the raid. With the raid stacked mobs easily get picked up.

We did it on our 2nd go at this tactic (1st failed due to mcs).

Phase 2 we just moved out of the desecrate, I informed the raid to just stack on Garrosh and move when he moves. It worked brilliantly. Also pro tip. If you have a DK gorefiends grasp works really well. Get a monkey to place a statue in the iron star path you might want to use. Click on said statue (I had it set to focus so I could easily grab it could easily macro I guess) gorefiends all your lovely adds from the comfort of 20yards away.

Deleted
    Totally works in Flex too, just spread on empowered whirlwhind and adds.

Deleted
    People been using it in normal since release. Stack until p3, move for nothing.

I've seen that working a few times already. At first it sounded really weird but when u realize that you will always have everyone stacked up it becomes a LOT easier to handle the mechanics: MCs are all clumped up and can get aoe stunned/cleaved, tanks have easier time to aggro adds, little adds from empowered aoe damage ability die quickly due to all cleaving them quickly. Even the weapon (big swirl thingy) dies real quick with everyone cleaving so the damage is easy to heal.

The only really risky part of this strat is in the end when u have the empowered adds plus the weap. At this point is really just pop healing cds and finish boss. It works really well if you have a few decent healers.

Yes, this is the known cheese tactic.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    We did that on normal last week. Was kinda fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yes, this is the known cheese tactic.
    Cheese Tactic : LFR Tactic

Po-tay-to : Po-tah-to