Poll: How many dungeons at launch?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many (5 man) dungeons should we have at launch?

So, along with the bosses per tier poll. How many dungeons would you consider an acceptable total for an expansion to have? Think "less than this would make me unhappy".

Personally, I quite like the 5 mans until there completely stuffed full of folks without the time or patience to learn and wipe a little. If Blizz would go back towards the occasional epic 5-man (BRD... still makes me happy in my pants from around 49-56 when levelling an alt, try and talk people into staying if you know the place, it's amazing how few have seen it all).

Adding something mechanic wise with the scaling tech would be nice so you get random harder spawns as your groups ilvl average increases (and better loot as a result with the occasional "rare" mob with significantly better gear appearing as the groups gear level gets extreme).
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2013-11-03 at 12:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

At launch , probably 8 . four available almost straight away ( the two we had in mists were not enough) and the other open half way to level cap .
    some people like to level by dungeon , especially on alts , so we need at least 4 available straight away to lesson the repetition that we had in MoP

a dozen like BC/WotLK

If they're gonna pull a MoP on us again and not release any except the first..

Deleted
    A lot more than we have now for sure. I hope they don't stay on the scenario-focused route. They're something completely different to dungeons. Dungeons are mini-raids, scenarios are... Well, I don't know what they're supposed to be. I can see them do well as presenting the lore of an expansion, but other than that, please no.

So at the start of an expansion, at the very least 6. And that doesn't include vanilla dungeons, which are completely disconnected from whatever the current expansion is.

The pure cataclysm dungeons were outstanding examples of what I'd like. The Vashjir one looked amazing, Halls of Origination and Vortex pinnacle were just as good. I didn't like the other ones that much (I'm tired of caves), but they're still better than vanilla instances that I've seen dozens of times while leveling.

Mogushan Palace deserves an honorable mention.

9-10 sounds fine to me.

Maybe Blizzard could expand on the timeless isle concept, with tough elites and things to explore... by giving us content in the persistent world that is similar to a dungeon. Adding some of those throughout an expansion's patch cycle could satisfy our hunger.

Depends on the difficulty design and the amount of levels we do I guess.

In case of 10 levels and normals(lfg)+heroics(guildgroup)+challenge modes, I´d like about 6-8 leveling dungeons, 2 new maxlevel dungeons and 2 revamped heroic only dungeons (+ everything on heroic)

If its five levels and normals+heroics+challenge modes: 4-6 leveling dungeons + the same

If its mop difficulty dungeons, I would like to spend as little time in a dungeon as possible.

And a dungeon or two per new tier would be really nice.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

The more the better

12+ at launch and 4~5 new ones every tier personally

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    So, along with the bosses per tier poll. How many dungeons would you consider an acceptable total for an expansion to have? Think "less than this would make me unhappy".

Personally, I quite like the 5 mans until there completely stuffed full of folks without the time or patience to learn and wipe a little. If Blizz would go back towards the occasional epic 5-man (BRD... still makes me happy in my pants from around 49-56 when levelling an alt, try and talk people into staying if you know the place, it's amazing how few have seen it all).

Adding something mechanic wise with the scaling tech would be nice so you get random harder spawns as your groups ilvl average increases (and better loot as a result with the occasional "rare" mob with significantly better gear appearing as the groups gear level gets extreme).
    Dozens, some of which are gated behind completion of events in others creating an overall story line of why you decided to jump in whichever particular hole in the ground you have.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I voted 13+. Right now all of you are saying you want 8 or 10, but when the expansion has 1 year out almost everyone is gonna be crying they need more dungeons/heroics and rage against blizzard because they don't add more midway through the expansion, so...a LOT of dungeons would be nice to not get burned right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal
    While in a Naxx25 raid near the beginning of wrath, our MT decided to go to the bathroom with his wireless headset on. Unfortunatly, had vent set to voice activated. We heard it all, including the flush, and no hand washing before he said "ok, back, with food!" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by derfel
    Dem trolls don't mess wit da fel. Tis' be bad magic, mon.

Per expansion, not per patch, voted 7-8. Id rather not put that much of the devs resources into dungeons, but I always want some of that variety.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    The more the better

12+ at launch and 4~5 new ones every tier personally
    That's just borderline absurd.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I myself would like to at AT LEAST 9-10, or more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer 20 dungeons (5 zones and 4 wings.. kinda like zangarmarsh one), 10 scenarios and 1 small raid split into 2 parts.

They dont have to be super long.. 2 maybe 3 bosses. (some mop ones take toooo long) And if posible without anoying mehanics that just waste time.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's just borderline absurd.
    It is possible with the great increased almighty dev size blizzard boasts about

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It is possible with the great increased almighty dev size blizzard boasts about
    .... Because ALL the devs are just there to make instances right? Don't be that guy...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... Because ALL the devs are just there to make instances right? Don't be that guy...
    That's what MoP was pretty much all about (except it was raids not dungeons)

That's what MoP was pretty much all about (except it was raids not dungeons)
    You don't want a stupid amount of dungeons if no one is going to run them at max level. Going by levels I'd like to see:

2x 90-92
    2x 92-94
    2x 94-96
    2x 96-98
    2x 98-100

So about 10 total at launch would seem like a decent number.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    You don't want a stupid amount of dungeons if no one is going to run them at max level. Going by levels I'd like to see:

2x 90-92
    2x 92-94
    2x 94-96
    2x 96-98
    2x 98-100

So about 10 total at launch would seem like a decent number.
    All dungeons since BC had max level version of it