10+ Year Old Account

New expact question

A Have a question for anyone who can answer them. In the past for wrath,cata,and mop. Where there ever trademark posts like the one on the front page with the real expansion, I mean couldnt they just hide them and make them not accessible to the public? Also has ANYONE ever made a speculation post that was acually right? I just remember years of reading speculation posts on expacs but every damn time one came out i didnt know what it was gunna be b4 that.
    Semper Fi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    A Have a question for anyone who can answer them. In the past for wrath,cata,and mop. Where there ever trademark posts like the one on the front page with the real expansion, I mean couldnt they just hide them and make them not accessible to the public? Also has ANYONE ever made a speculation post that was acually right? I just remember years of reading speculation posts on expacs but every damn time one came out i didnt know what it was gunna be b4 that.
    If it wasn't a trademark post on the front page, it was a different informative post.
    Every time Boub announced an Expac on the front page, it came to be (other than if it was posted in April Fool type manner - Just saying that in case a smart ass remembers something like that being posted that I have forgotten about :P)
    The Trademarks were always filed obviously, just the player base became more eagle-eyed with such things as of late - like with The Dark Below being an example of what the eagle eyed folk spotted.

With every post that he leaked the name of it, sometimes with minor spoilers into the expac, these silly forums posts about it being wrong surfaced and they were silenced shortly after through solid proof :P
    Last edited by mmoc157e395081; 2013-11-03 at 01:36 AM.

They were usually trademarked several, several months before they were even announced, sometimes even years (as was the case with WotLK). It's highly, highly doubtful that the next expac will be named after any trademarks field recently.

Only speculation post that I ever saw was for WotLK, because a lot of fans were hoping for a conclusion to Arthas's story. Never once saw one for Cata or MoP, though.

Wraith was trademark like week before it was announced the others where like between 1to2 months before announced.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah. Wrath and Cata even had features get leaked before Blizzcon.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Oh yeah. Wrath and Cata even had features get leaked before Blizzcon.
    Cata was disastrously hidden. Halloween masks for Worgen and Goblin were leaked like 5 months before Blizzcon, with a ton of Cataclysm information appearing a month later. It was completely unsurprising to see Cata's announcement.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Cata was disastrously hidden. Halloween masks for Worgen and Goblin were leaked like 5 months before Blizzcon, with a ton of Cataclysm information appearing a month later. It was completely unsurprising to see Cata's announcement.
    I have to question who the idiot was that thought "let's put the hallows end masks for the new races in before Blizzcon and over a year before the expansion goes on sale."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)