View Poll Results: Next xpac release will be...

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Before Christmas

    18 1.97%
  • Early 2014

    336 36.84%
  • Later than April 2014

    558 61.18%
Page 1 of 11
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    New expansion before christmas?

    Blizz has often pointed out that they want 1 xpac a year released. It doesn't look like they will achieve that this time....Or will they?
    How surprised would you be if, at blizzcon, they not only announced the next expansion, but also it's release date? of course it seems like a bit of a stretch, but maybe, just maybe.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,514
    We'll be lucky to get 5.5 before Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk Feral Camel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,806
    Not a chance sorry. I'd be thinking around April at the earliest.

  4. #4
    I believe that they ought to release it within this summer, definitely before September. Well, that is my wish as I look forward to go back into WoW at a time that im least busy.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    We'll be lucky to get 5.5 before Christmas.
    But what if there is no 5.5?

  6. #6
    I think that would make SoO the shortest raid tier ever. Which is not a good thing. A March/April release is probably the closest we will get.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Ihnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,567
    lol no... there's all sort of beta testing and such that has to be done. We'll likely get a glimpse at Blizzcon and maybe see beta soon after, maybe right around the new year (at the earliest).

  8. #8
    No way. We'll be lucky to see it in the spring next year. They'll probably need to launch beta like immediately to get that done though.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    Blizz has often pointed out that they want 1 xpac a year released.
    Theyve NEVER managed to release xpacs that fast lmao

    where did u read this?

  10. #10
    Mechagnome lisavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    belgium/kortrijk
    Posts
    573
    lol are you serious there isnt even a beta test and you want the xpack next month?
    You know me... but I do not know you. You would speak against me... make the others see me as you do... you would have them distrust their comrade of old... their brother... You will not be allowed to spread any of your malicious falsehoods...

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Zatetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    600
    Final tier wont be that short. They want people to finish the content and have done since ICC. They will probably start their 5% nerfs soonish (late nov early dec is my guess) and roll out one a month until it hits 30% or they are happy with the number of garrosh kills in both raiding difficulties (norm/heroic)
    Retired from WoW.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Theyve NEVER managed to release xpacs that fast lmao

    where did u read this?
    Speaking to Gamesindustry.biz, everyone's favorite frigidly named developer has revealed an intention to release more World of Warcraft expansions on a yearly basis. "Starting with The Burning Crusade, every year thereafter we plan on bringing out a new expansion set - so every 12 months," says Blizzard COO, Paul Sams.

    http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/24/bl...ns-every-year/

    Published Tuesday, 14 October 2008

    Blizzard is still aiming to release World of Warcraft expansions annually, but following Wrath of the Lich King fans won't see another for more than a year, says the developer's chief executive, Mike Morhaime.

    They have said it several times.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,129
    Christmas is in less than two months. I can't imagine an entire expansion pack would be released before then unless they're already nearly done and ready for final beta testing. I have yet to see a beta that didn't have at least a few months testing.



  14. #14
    I think we can file that under "Not a chance in Hell."

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral Manabomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Posts
    1,002
    I'm going to be perfectly honest, skepticism and optimism aside, I don't believe Blizzard will ever be capable of maintaining the statement of "1 expansion a year" or anything close to that. If anything, whatever the next expansion is won't be released until late 2014 at the earliest unless by some sort of voodoo magic they hired 150 more artists to finish next expansions art right after SoO hit live, because the longest part about making an expansion is the art.
    Reduce- Iconic class abilities, complexity and meaningful rotations, usefulness of any one class in a raid group
    Reuse- A continent from 3 expansions ago, a story arch from 3 games ago, characters that would otherwise be dead
    Recycle- A beaten to death plot-line, the nostalgia goggles for TBC, bossfight mechanics that make patchwerk seem complex
    The three R's of Warlords of Draenor and that doesn't even mention flying, #savekarabor, blizzard store, tier to tier ilvl skips.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Christmas is in less than two months. I can't imagine an entire expansion pack would be released before then unless they're already nearly done and ready for final beta testing. I have yet to see a beta that didn't have at least a few months testing.
    If patch 6.0 is released the week before Christmas it would have the same time span as the other patches this expansion. It is possible, though slim, that blizz could pull a sneaky and have the game ready. They have increased the size of their development team.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I'm going to be perfectly honest, skepticism and optimism aside, I don't believe Blizzard will ever be capable of maintaining the statement of "1 expansion a year" or anything close to that. If anything, whatever the next expansion is won't be released until late 2014 at the earliest unless by some sort of voodoo magic they hired 150 more artists to finish next expansions art right after SoO hit live, because the longest part about making an expansion is the art.
    late 2014? lol. I think there is more chance (though I stress slimmmmm) before Christmas than late 2014.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    Speaking to Gamesindustry.biz, everyone's favorite frigidly named developer has revealed an intention to release more World of Warcraft expansions on a yearly basis. "Starting with The Burning Crusade, every year thereafter we plan on bringing out a new expansion set - so every 12 months," says Blizzard COO, Paul Sams.

    http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/24/bl...ns-every-year/

    Published Tuesday, 14 October 2008

    Blizzard is still aiming to release World of Warcraft expansions annually, but following Wrath of the Lich King fans won't see another for more than a year, says the developer's chief executive, Mike Morhaime.

    They have said it several times.
    they have said it several times; however, it's been five years since that's been published and we've had 2 expansions released. probably won't see the next expansion til next november at the earliest. only exception being they've been working on the expansion and beta testing it at area 51 for the past year and a half.

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral Manabomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    If patch 6.0 is released the week before Christmas it would have the same time span as the other patches this expansion. It is possible, though slim, that blizz could pull a sneaky and have the game ready. They have increased the size of their development team.

    - - - Updated - - -



    late 2014? lol. I think there is more chance (though I stress slimmmmm) before Christmas than late 2014.
    Why is that? They have proven so far to make every final tier since wotlk last close to if not a year long. Unless they pull a friends and family alpha right after Blizzcon and we get into beta as soon as febuary, you will not see the next expansion until september-december of next year. I can almost guarantee that.
    Reduce- Iconic class abilities, complexity and meaningful rotations, usefulness of any one class in a raid group
    Reuse- A continent from 3 expansions ago, a story arch from 3 games ago, characters that would otherwise be dead
    Recycle- A beaten to death plot-line, the nostalgia goggles for TBC, bossfight mechanics that make patchwerk seem complex
    The three R's of Warlords of Draenor and that doesn't even mention flying, #savekarabor, blizzard store, tier to tier ilvl skips.

  19. #19
    Brewmaster Thalian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    1,269
    I'm thinking February-March.
    First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out, because I was not a Socialist.
    Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
    Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out, because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for me... and there was no one left to speak for me.

  20. #20
    no way. 5.4 just came out. we probably still have a couple more months of 5.4 and then a couple months with the filler patch that bridges the expansions
    "The Horde has committed heinous crimes, Vol'jin. But some among you fought against Garrosh's tyranny. For that, I'm willing to end this bloodshed. But know this : if your Horde fails to uphold honor as Garrosh did, we will end you." - High King Varian Wrynn


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •