I want the old enhancement back
I want the old enhancement back
Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit
If our totems are elemental base, why don't blizz just lock those totem that falls into those specific category when we get silence. In a pvp perspective, I think blizz just don't want resto shaman to do anything but run when silence.
They absolutely need to buff our healing tide totem with like 500%. And i will tell you why. At this moment i'm doing Thok the Bloodthirsty 25hc with my guild. Our raidleader is setting up a healing cd's/damage reduction - rotation. I swear, he's calling out every single cd availlable in this game. But not our healing tide totem.
Elementals are a hybrid class. that's why i want a healing cd that really matters! A healing cd my raidleader asks for every time, because he really needs it in order for us to survive certain moments in the fight.
For enhancement mostly:
- earth shock needs to be made more exciting
- keeping searing totem up is not fun at all (especially when moving around in a large area)
- ghost wolf shouldn't remove the visual buffs (iron boot flask etc), it doesn't remove the monkey-with-a-diving-helmet-thingy in timeless isle, so it shouldn't be an impossible task.
- AoE'ing low hp mobs can be a pain in the ass with the system how flame shock is spread around now (can't think of a good fix right now, but it feels clunky so brought it up)
That's pretty much it
I disagree. If there's one thing prominent in shamanism, it is tradition. In the story, they reasoned with the elements making contact by themselves. Nobundo wasn't really a good shaman, the elements sympaphised with him and threw themselves at him, because they were lonely. This setting could be applied to any race, really, but that doesn't make draenei appear shamanistic still. They are blue, squiddy, space-goat people who do not have any primal/spiritual past at all, and that just cant be covered that easily.The lack of tradition on shamanism is not something that should be used to dismiss Draenei shamans, it's something that is also explained by that short story, they always had the ability to reach the elements, but they were already focused on the light.
All was made up, but shamans and their related professions (spirit walker, shadow hunter, far seer, tauren chieftain, witch doctor) from the beginning were designed under them premise of being spiritual, which draenei are not.One last thing, I know all that lore was made up to give shamans to the alliance, but in the end, everything on WoW was made up, and in my opinion, Draenei shamans were well explained, also I would play dwarfs if I played alliance .
http://classic.battle.net/war3/orc/units/ units by the spirit lodge: shaman, spirit walker, witch doctor
Shaman (orc), Spirit Walker (tauren), witch doctor (troll): all races being spiritual, hence having spiritual classes, that were merged into shaman in wow.
Originally Posted by Angoth
I would like to see a bit of differentiation between elemental and enhancement abilities. For example, enhancement specialises in the spiritual while elemental specialises in the elements. Make fire and earth element totems elemental exclusive and buff spirit wolves to make it a more potent dps cooldown. Of course the self healing part would have to be tweaked. The tier 6 talent Primal Elementalist could then be changed to something like "Elemental: Summons a more powerful version of your fire elemental, 80% increased damage yadda yadda. Enhancement: Causes Spirit Wolves to deal 20% more damage and all damage is converted to nature damage." Or something along those lines.
Make Flame Shock elemental exclusive and earth shock enhancement exclusive. Fulmination becomes its own spell. Enhancement runs Windfury on both weapons, each weapon has the internal cooldown separately (this is just a thing that bothers me, it drives me crazy to have different imbues. A little ocd maybe?) Lava Lash retains its 10 second cooldown, but now deals 125% damage as spell damage from both weapons, ignoring the 50% offhand weapon penalty (I'll admit, offhand exclusive attacks are another source of annoyance).
Stormstrike leaves a debuff that, along with its current iteration, allows melee attacks to trigger static shock for 8 seconds. Each static shock has a chance to reset the cooldown on Lava Lash.
As for aoe, i think an ability, let's call it static overload for example, allows the shaman to do hellfire-ish nature damage to enemies in an 8 yard radius, just for flavor and a cool visual effect. I have no solution to the current aoe iteration lol.
I am also stuck for totems, personally I don't like searing totem but i have no real ideas as to what could be done better, not just differently.
Just some of my thoughts. In my head they sound cool
Wow, my son must really like his computer desktop background, cos he is always looking at it when I walk unannounced into his room! Believed no parent ever.
1) Enhance doesn't really utilize shocks. We just use them because they're there, as fillers => not good. Shocks were originally designed for ele, and with lvb and fulm, they are secure there now. Separate Frost Shock's cooldown from the other two's, and make ES/FS ele-only, making room for new melee abilities. After 9 years, we've gotten one single new melee ability in addition to the one we started out with: SS. We're supposed to be melee, right?
2) Enhance doesn't really go crazy with Lightning Bolt. It is kinda disappointing how blizz in wotlk beta just slapped us with ST/MT, Shocks, LB, FT and LS. They recycled a lot of abilities (in a boring way, in part), the only new things being wolves (which deterioated to a healing cd) and LL (which turned from a wet noodle into an obsolete ramp-up, but at least something new in the melee department).
Looking at collecting msw for lb doesn't provide all that great damage, is a liability in terms of CC (other classes' cd-based CCs are instant) and only really okay for healing, hex should be instant (for enh at least) baseline, msw either redesigned to be a single proc for heals, or an actual recource. LB should be made ele only meanwhile.
3) Lightning Shield is boooring. Little damage which is rng-based...ele has it solved better. I'm not to keen( wink;wink ) on sharing this with ele also. Cant we have more exclusive abilities blizz? Ele is ranged, we're melee. Druids have their stuff separated, paladins dont have a ranged melee spec, same as monks and dks. It's just dumb, really.
I dunno, imo, shaman shields in general are kinda meh, except maybe ES for resto. FULM doesn't feel like it needs LS, at least not anymore. Same goes for Static Shock. There needs to be more emphasis on LS being a shield again. Maybe make them defensive/offensive cooldowns? Would be much more exciting.
4) Make FB enhance's go-to oh-imbue, ft elementals', get rid of RB (finaaaallyyyyy) => also makes the design of enh's pvp set bonus easier, kills the eternal ft or fb crap, allows for streamlining both imbues and their unleashes for the specs they are intended for
5) ST/MT are boring, make them short-lived mini cooldowns (15sec dur/1min cd =>higher damage while up), or delete.
Last edited by Omanley; 2013-11-16 at 03:39 PM.
Originally Posted by Angoth
I suspect Enhancement shaman will see a reduction in skills.
I want earthquake to be instant cast and mana cost reduced. I want searing totem to do meaningful damage. I want Ghost Wolf to no longer remove ALL transformations. I want ascendance to be removable when you click the buff, OR I want to be able to mount while in ascendance. I want GOOD tier bonuses... I want hex to be a real CC instead of a silence/disarm.
Only thing I think I'd like to have changed, is that they'd make Feral Spirit baseline and make the shaman a dual-wield only or two-hand only user. They could easily fix 1h weapons so that an elemental/resto shaman could dual-wield. Heck, mixing different weapon imbues as a caster/healer could be quite interesting and could revitalize some of the other imbues.
Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann
How would Ele Sham feel about this replacing Lightning Bolt?
Lightning Lash [Channeled] Channels a chain of lightning at the target, dealing 1187 to 1355 (+ 73.9% of Spell power) Nature damage over 2 seconds. Can be cast while moving.
Mastery: Elemental Overload (Passive) First tick has 100% chance to proc EO, and other ticks have the normal chance.
Rolling Thunder (Passive) Might have to be tuned because there would be a higher generation with a channeled spell.
I'm also thinking it would be nice to have an effect similar to how a Mistweaver works. Maybe allow instant cast damage spells (Fulmination,Instant Lava Burst, Flame/Frost Shock) without interrupting the channel.