1. #1
    Stood in the Fire Cuzzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    444

    New expact question

    A Have a question for anyone who can answer them. In the past for wrath,cata,and mop. Where there ever trademark posts like the one on the front page with the real expansion, I mean couldnt they just hide them and make them not accessible to the public? Also has ANYONE ever made a speculation post that was acually right? I just remember years of reading speculation posts on expacs but every damn time one came out i didnt know what it was gunna be b4 that.
    Semper Fi

  2. #2
    The Patient Relis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oh so sunny Highlands of Scotland!
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    A Have a question for anyone who can answer them. In the past for wrath,cata,and mop. Where there ever trademark posts like the one on the front page with the real expansion, I mean couldnt they just hide them and make them not accessible to the public? Also has ANYONE ever made a speculation post that was acually right? I just remember years of reading speculation posts on expacs but every damn time one came out i didnt know what it was gunna be b4 that.
    If it wasn't a trademark post on the front page, it was a different informative post.
    Every time Boub announced an Expac on the front page, it came to be (other than if it was posted in April Fool type manner - Just saying that in case a smart ass remembers something like that being posted that I have forgotten about :P)
    The Trademarks were always filed obviously, just the player base became more eagle-eyed with such things as of late - like with The Dark Below being an example of what the eagle eyed folk spotted.

    With every post that he leaked the name of it, sometimes with minor spoilers into the expac, these silly forums posts about it being wrong surfaced and they were silenced shortly after through solid proof :P
    Last edited by Relis; 2013-11-03 at 01:36 AM.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    World's End Tavern, listening to the Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftains
    Posts
    2,610
    They were usually trademarked several, several months before they were even announced, sometimes even years (as was the case with WotLK). It's highly, highly doubtful that the next expac will be named after any trademarks field recently.

    Only speculation post that I ever saw was for WotLK, because a lot of fans were hoping for a conclusion to Arthas's story. Never once saw one for Cata or MoP, though.

  4. #4
    Wraith was trademark like week before it was announced the others where like between 1to2 months before announced.

  5. #5
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,186
    Oh yeah. Wrath and Cata even had features get leaked before Blizzcon.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Oh yeah. Wrath and Cata even had features get leaked before Blizzcon.
    Cata was disastrously hidden. Halloween masks for Worgen and Goblin were leaked like 5 months before Blizzcon, with a ton of Cataclysm information appearing a month later. It was completely unsurprising to see Cata's announcement.
    Proud defender of Animal Rights, vegetarian, donor + volunteer
    "It is a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done" - Harriet Beecher Stowe

  7. #7
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Cata was disastrously hidden. Halloween masks for Worgen and Goblin were leaked like 5 months before Blizzcon, with a ton of Cataclysm information appearing a month later. It was completely unsurprising to see Cata's announcement.
    I have to question who the idiot was that thought "let's put the hallows end masks for the new races in before Blizzcon and over a year before the expansion goes on sale."
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •