Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Seems fair now that you put it that way.

Is there a way to get an additional spellbar that is displayed right above the already existing one? I want to divide my abilities on the basis of dps and heals/taunts etc

Also , tellmewhen is basically used to show a sort of message when something I want to know about(like my fellow dungeoner using an ability) occurs?

Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    I would strongly recommend NOT using this addon. Learn the priority for your abilities yourself. These "rotation" addons gimp players and don't teach you how to play properly.
    I don't agree with this statement. Maybe for DPS, but as a tank, quite frankly there is less finesse in your threat generation and Holy Power upkeep. IOW, there isn't really anything to gimp. The hardest decisions, IMHO, will be how you use your CD's effectively; Ovale won't help you with that.

Yes, i know weakauras, where you set triggers to display stuff you want, as in "if i have X stacks of Y buff show me Z icon on this place", but tellmewhen works mostly the same way.

You can use bartender to replace action bars from blizzard into fully customizable ones. You can add up to 10? 12? can't remember ATM, put them where you want and bind them how you want

Quote Originally Posted by ElmoMcBeastly View Post
    I don't agree with this statement. Maybe for DPS, but as a tank, quite frankly there is less finesse in your threat generation and Holy Power upkeep. IOW, there isn't really anything to gimp. The hardest decisions, IMHO, will be how you use your CD's effectively; Ovale won't help you with that.
    Ovale gets you into the mindset of "the addon says this, it must be that way". That's the bad part about it. You should learn why you use your skills on a particular way, and how to change that way depending of the situation, instead of learning an order and considering it the end all be all
    Last edited by Inthislzon; 2013-11-03 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    Hi .. I am a newbie in WoW (lvl 20 in starter edition, gonna get the full game soon), and I want some tank advice.

1) Why do monsters attack your dps even though you radiate more threat than them?
    2) How do I tank better as a protection warrior? As a protection paladin, I just run into the mobs, then when they start attacking others, i use avengers shield to draw them back, but with a warrior , it isnt so easy. Or is it that paladins are suited to group tanking more than warrior?
    3) How do you deal with dps who run into fights before you?

Can you give me general tanking tips/advice?
    Thanks
    1) Threat doesn't "radiate" so unless you actually hit a mob, it won't attack you. However, threat multipliers are so strong, if you basically look at a mob it'll attack you. Get a threat plate addon (I just use ElvUI and it's built in) so you can see what's attacking you and what's not attacking you. Basically, if you don't touch a mob, it's going to attack that DPS that's hitting it, or it'll go after your healer. Simple answer: hit everything.

2) All tanks have AoE threat abilities, although I'm not sure what levels they get them anymore. Do you have Thunderclap? Run in and hit them with that.

3) It's simple, they run just as fast as you do, so stay moving. Or, let them pull whatever they want, because they're probably not going to die anyway, and just do your thing like normal, because with threat multipliers, you'll pull off of them anyway.

So, I have been tanking in some dungeons recently, and I think I have been doing a good job, because only once have I let a mob get past me(and it was a frantic geist who was at half health, and my hunter promptly one shot him). I think it does have something to do with getting good dungeon mates.

I also find protection paladins more fun and strong than protection warrior, but I believe that is just personal opinion? They are both equally strong, right?

I also got bored and soloed ragefire chasm with my lvl 20 protection paladin(im max leveled in starter edition, and cant wait till soon when i can get the full game), and it was sooo easy !
    I want to know .. is there any way to solo deadmines as a horde character? And should I try to solo wailing caverns/shadowfang keep?

Also, what are heroic dungeons?
    Thanks
    Last edited by ptsunami2911; 2013-11-04 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    I also find protection paladins more fun and strong than protection warrior, but I believe that is just personal opinion? They are both equally strong, right?

I also got bored and soloed ragefire chasm with my lvl 20 protection paladin(im max leveled in starter edition, and cant wait till soon when i can get the full game), and it was sooo easy !
    I want to know .. is there any way to solo deadmines as a horde character? And should I try to solo wailing caverns/shadowfang keep?
    I don't know about equally strong, but they are equally viable. Play whatever is more fun to you. The advantages one class has over the other are miniscule and really only matter in heroic progression raiding and are pretty much just personal preferences for anyone else.
    Solo whatever you feel like taking on, no one is going to stop you. But if you need reassurance: Go for it, challenging yourself can't be bad.
    There is a way to solo Deadmines as Horde, just travel to the entrance in Westfall. Hell, you can enter the Stockades right in the middle of Stormwind if you like.

Edit: Just saw your edit. Heroic dungeons are special versions of normal 5-man dungeons. They are basically the same, but the mobs have more life and hit harder. In return you get better loot. Not every normal dungeon has a heroic equivalent, but most of them do. All dungeons up from TBC have a heroic mode, some from classic got one during Cataclysm. You can access them once you reach the appropriate level. Level 70 for TBC, 80 for WotLK, 85 for Cata, 90 for MoP.
    Last edited by mmoce86fe97048; 2013-11-04 at 04:13 PM.

Wont I just be killed a hundred times if i try to travel to the entrance in westfall? That doesnt sound nice :S

Wont I just be killed a hundred times if i try to travel to the entrance in westfall? That doesnt sound nice :S
    Maybe. Stick to roads and your chances of survival increase. It's mainly Alliance you'll have to worry about.

Don't be scared, go on an adventure!

Alright .. I will begin my endeavour to solo the deadmines ! Wish me luck advisers :P

Basically, I need to take the zeppelin to undercity from orgrimmar and then run to westfall from there on my horse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Orgimmar to Grom Gol strong Hold in Northern STV, from their ride north, it may be tricky but Westfall is due north of Northern STV. You will ride along the road and enter Duskwood, from Duskwood head west along the roads and you will enter Westfall, Deadmines is in an area known as Moonbrook. Enter the house at the back corner and navigate through the house into the Mines navigate your way through until you see the instance entrance.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

1. for a ranged dps to overaggro you, he needs to be over 130% of your threat, some goes other way around if a mob hits a dps and you are not near it. you need to be 130% of that dps threat to aggro the mob back to you. The treat treshhold for when in mele is 110%.

2. IM not sure what tools a lvl 20 prot warr have but usually when i pull a pack of mobs i start with 1-2 aoe abilities to get theat from all, then i start using my more powerful singletarget threat spells on the mobs i see ppl dps on, always save your taunt for when some1 overaggros. its of no use if the mob is already attacking you. later on you will get some stuns aswell wich can be very usefull since you can just stun all the mobs and they will stay there stunned allowing you some more time to build threat on all of them be4 any1 can overaggro you.

3. at the beginning this will happen alot, some ppl will say the dpsers are idiots but honestly, the leveling content is so easy nowdays so there is no danger to aggro mobs as a dps.Other will say dpsers pulling be4 the tank is a sign the tank is pulling to slow, but as you grow more comfortable with the game, try pull faster and perhaps larger pulls.

Myself when i tank i start running for the next pack when the pack we are on are around 33%, the treat ive accumelated at this point is usually enough to last until the dps have finished the mobs off, and when they have ive already pulled the enxt pack for them and are already at comfortabel threat level on that pack. its efficient, it makes every1s life easier and you barely ever se any overaggro. This ofc is something you should go about carefully, a good tank will early on determine how efficient a healer he have at his disposal and from that decide how fast and how much he can pull. (pull to much and wipe and there will be whine )
    Also, your defensive abilities are your best friends can be used prematurely when you pull a big pack or you can sit on them and use tehm when you see your healer doesnt got your back.

As a general rule you want to set as high a pace as possible with the healer you got

Done the dreadmines solo And I got a green wing macaw ! I heard it sells for around 400 gold. Is that a good amount , justifiable that i can farm it for easy money?

Done the dreadmines solo And I got a green wing macaw ! I heard it sells for around 400 gold. Is that a good amount , justifiable that i can farm it for easy money?
    Depends on your server. Those common pets don't see for shit on my server. Like, no one even buys them lol.

I've just been giving stuff like that to my girlfriend now instead.