Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

MoP coming to a close - What's your opinion on pet battles?

I have to admit, this awakened the collector in me again. I absolutely loved this implementation and it's something that keeps me busy outside of heroic raids these days. How do you people feel about it?

I think pet battle will stay with WoW, its a nice thing to do outside of raiding and downtime. It can take sometime to do whatever involving pets or a quick 2 minute pet battle. I definitely see them implementing more old content raids to have pet drops in the near future.

I definitely enjoyed it.

I love them.

Side question: Does anyone know why pet battle queues on PTR are disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    A waste of time.
    Isn't the entire game by definition a waste of time then?

10+ Year Old Account
    A waste of time.
    Good thing it's completely and totally OPTIONAL, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I enjoyed getting to level 25 with my first team and beating all the Pandaria tamers. But now I'm at the beasts of fable and spirit tamers quest which do require you to get atleast a decent setup. I don't really fee like farming endlessly for higher level rares (I'm that unlucky) or leveling my other pets so I haven't really touched it since the first 2 weeks or so I played MoP. It got boring pretty fast IMO and doesn't really compare to the original. So if i ever wanna play that type of game, that's what I'll stick to.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Good thing it's completely and totally OPTIONAL, amirite?
    He asked our opinions of pet battles, I gave my opinion. I don't see what is so hard here. I think they are useless and a waste of dev time to make. That's great that you like them, I don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they're great.

He asked our opinions of pet battles, I gave my opinion. I don't see what is so hard here. I think they are useless and a waste of dev time to make. That's great that you like them, I don't.
    Except that the pet battles are made by the UI team.

There are different types of opinion. Some express your emotions/feelings towards something ( I love it, I hate it, I like it, I dislike it ) however there are these types of opinions ( Waste of time, stupid, useless, pointless, unneeded ) which have to be based on facts. If the majority of WoW players plays pet battles and likes it then your opinion is invalid. It would be a waste of time if it was unsuccesful but it was Blizzard's biggest hit in the past years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highmitsu View Post
    Stop using that argument. Ignorant people like that guy will simply ignore it or say it's a waste of UI team's time. It doesn't matter who made them. It matters whether they are a success. If I could afford a subscription I would be playing right now just because I want to do pet battles vs players and pet battle queues on PTR don't work.

I think its a cheap and easy way for them to add content for the game.

Their a fun distraction but i dont play them much, Ive always enjoy collecting the pets though.

Needs more layers to really shine I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Highmitsu View Post
    So cut down the UI team so they don't need to make pet battles and get some more xxxxxxx devs with the same money!

10+ Year Old Account
    good for some i guess.. since pet battles i actually stopped collecting the little things :/
    miss having my enchanted broom =P

Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    Needs more layers to really shine I think.
    You'd say that, but pet battles are fairly intricate as they stand. Personally I'd like if there was more content added for them. More trainers. More rewards to work towards. Celestial tournament was a good start, I believe.

Never played one :P

I like them.Sitting at somewhere around 55 level 25 pets, and I've won the Celestial Tournament. I don't play much these days but that's more related to my work load and end of an expansion weariness more than anything.

I think they are a welcome diversion to the game since it's somewhat difficult to find anything to do with by yourself at maximum level if you hate LFR. It doesn't really compare to the real thing, no.

Tried it out, got a pet to level 14 (?) I think. Not interested in pet battling/collecting. Just...not interesting. Collecting them/leveling was rather dull, battling other players felt interesting for maybe 5 minutes. I can't even be bothered to grind out pet battling for the achievements, and I am an achievement junkie.

I also think it was a waste of developer time that should have been on other things to make old world content relevant (such as dynamic world events), but as people seem to enjoy pet battling so much, I'm sure people will disagree. As long as people are having fun playing the game, then that's a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So cut down the UI team so they don't need to make pet battles and get some more xxxxxxx devs with the same money!
    Cutting the UI team seems stupid. But then again, you're being a little selfish.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi