Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm glad it exists, while I don't really like PvP battles, I do really enjoy collecting pets, got 290 or so so far.

I got lucky and got a few pets to 25 before the very early hotfixes, so for me its been lots of fun, I've been able to "2-pet" most of the pandaria trainers since the first week or so; even when lvl 25's still leeched XP I enjoyed the challenge of fixing it up so that both the lvl 25's would be dead by the end but I@d still win (nerd).

So for me its been lots of fun. I wouldn't have stuck with it if I had to do the grind that new pet battlers face I don't think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

FAR too RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Awful, can't believe Blizzard wasted time on this trash when they could've put it to making more and better dungeons, raids or battlegrounds.

I could really care less about the battle aspect, just like in Pokemon I just want to collect the odd/ rare pets and have them follow me around. Nothing makes me happier than when after 6 months of farming on 3 toons across 2 servers when I logged in to check and there was my Minfernal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Theyre ok but im not as active a player of them as i thought id be.

I'm a lot more active than I thought I'd be. Actively gunning for the Trainer title now. About 350 wins off of it.

I've been surprised by how much I've enjoyed them. In previous expansions a lot of my non-raiding time would be spent on PvP; this expansion I've barely PvPed and have instead been working on pet battles.

All of my 560ish pets are rare and I've only got about 10 left to hit 25! 5000 PvE battles done.. and about 2000 PvP done as well. That PvP pet battle achievement is evil!

For the folks complaining about how slow leveling pets is, I'd argue that only the first handful of them are.. once you get a decently sized stable you can easily level 2-3 pets to 25 a day with very little time invested.

Great huge additoin to the game. Very fun. Havn't engaged in it for months but likely will come post blizzcon since 14/14H is over.

Deleted
    Great addition especially to kill time while waiting for LFR queues also some battles are engaging I'm having fun with the tournament in order to find better pets or find better synergies to make the battles easier ^^

Pet battles were success as a feature.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

waste of.... practicly everything. just a waste.

Most definitely the best addition to the game since Heroic difficulties were added to raids. I'm not a fan of how long it takes to level your first pets to 25 and form a stable core but after that it's easy to push additional pets to level 25 in about half an hour, especially with the safari hat and the exp chorizos. Never had a chance to play Pokemon and now I'll never have to. Currently sitting on five digits' worth of lesser charms, a ton of battle stones, and a stable of pets. It's even been a profitable investment since I can just sell all the surplus pets that you get from the Spirit tamers and the legendary dailies for a semi-steady income. Thank you Blizzard.

Also not a fan of the RNGG but that's just because it never swings in my favor.

I'm looking forward to them raising the pet cap yet again in the next expansion and bringing out 300 or 400+ pets for us to catch or acquire, and maybe more "Heroic Scenarios" like the Celestial tournament. Who knows, they might add some new categories of pet too. And a safari vest that grants another 10% exp bonus. And Hemet Nesingwary's Personal Seal of Approval for another 5%. Yes, make it happen, Blizzard.

Pet battles is a fun distraction from other things in the game. I feel like there is room for improvements.

Win achievements require 5k wins. A bit too much, considering their rewards are not really appealing. PvE 5k wins rewards nothing (lol)...

UI is lacklust. Or at least it feels like that after having ran with the breed ID addon and the enemy cooldown box in the middle of the screen. Knowing which breeds are available, and which one I've caught, is really enjoyable.

Also it seems a bit too easy to disrupt pet battles. I was fighting a minfernal, some rogue was doing sap or thrown weapon on me, and then ran away, continued this for 15 min, I was fed up and couldnt find him as by the time I was out of the pet battle UI he was already out of range, and could stealth a few seconds later. This is luckily a problem limited to wild pet battles.
    ^ I agree with this.

Fun addition to the game actually. Not a huge thing but still fun. Even though it has flaws, i'm more positive than negative to it overall, definitely.

10+ Year Old Account
    fun addition. Im holding out for a pvp pet ladder. Grievous Pet Gladiator XXXXXX -_- soon
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I think they're awesome. I actually regret not getting into them at launch, I'd brushed them aside with the assumption that I wouldn't like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I find it extremely boring and not worth the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to try them. I'm not against them, but I have too many alts I want to level and stuff I want to do on my main to be bothered with them yet. They look like they could be interesting.

Deleted
    Most definitely the best addition to the game since Heroic difficulties were added to raids. I'm not a fan of how long it takes to level your first pets to 25 and form a stable core but after that it's easy to push additional pets to level 25 in about half an hour, especially with the safari hat and the exp chorizos. Never had a chance to play Pokemon and now I'll never have to. Currently sitting on five digits' worth of lesser charms, a ton of battle stones, and a stable of pets. It's even been a profitable investment since I can just sell all the surplus pets that you get from the Spirit tamers and the legendary dailies for a semi-steady income. Thank you Blizzard.

Also not a fan of the RNGG but that's just because it never swings in my favor.

I'm looking forward to them raising the pet cap yet again in the next expansion and bringing out 300 or 400+ pets for us to catch or acquire, and maybe more "Heroic Scenarios" like the Celestial tournament. Who knows, they might add some new categories of pet too. And a safari vest that grants another 10% exp bonus. And Hemet Nesingwary's Personal Seal of Approval for another 5%. Yes, make it happen, Blizzard.
    Can't agree more. It's the best addition ever made to the game since Vanilla.

I don't like that it get's rather grindy after you figured out how to beat Tamer X/Leg Pet Y/The Tournament. But figuring out what team to use is great fun. I really hope they give us more stuff like the tournament in the Addon.