Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I enjoy them and hope for more Celestial Tournament style szenarios.

Deleted
    Haven't bothered with them except for like one hour somewhere at the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Highmitsu View Post
    Except that the pet battles are made by the UI team.
    Right, they took no code to implement. That makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by highslime View Post
    I think they're awesome. I actually regret not getting into them at launch, I'd brushed them aside with the assumption that I wouldn't like them.
    I knew I would like them and really wanted to play them at launch, but that daily grind in 5.0...

Honestly, i think its a great time waste. Some people dont need to waste time, but i do and i found pet battles to be about an hour a day worth of time gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Right, they took no code to implement. That makes sense.
    Where did I ever say that they did not take code to implement? Don't try to twist what I said into your own assumption, thank you. General development and direction is orchestrated by the UI team. That's all I said. These are not the people responsible for PVP development or encounter development or whatever. That's my point. Someone said that they should have laid those people off to get different developers in for raid related or dungeon related content, but I definately don't share the same sentiment.

Where did I ever say that they did not take code to implement? Don't try to twist what I said into your own assumption, thank you. General development and direction is orchestrated by the UI team. That's all I said. These are not the people responsible for PVP development or encounter development or whatever. That's my point. Someone said that they should have laid those people off to get different developers in for raid related or dungeon related content, but I definately don't share the same sentiment.
    When was the last time you saw someone using the game default UI? That's right everyone prefers using addon cause the default UI is complete trash, that's the kind of thing the UI should focusing their efforts not some pokemon ripoff.

I stay away from pet battles, even tough I don`t want it removed I wish they to leave as it ts right now and don't waste anymore resources on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    When was the last time you saw someone using the game default UI? That's right everyone prefers using addon cause the default UI is complete trash, that's the kind of thing the UI should focusing their efforts not some pokemon ripoff.

I stay away from pet battles, even tough I don`t want it removed I wish they to leave as it ts right now and don't waste anymore resources on it.
    Yes, because that's all that the UI entails. FYI I only use something to change my bars and leave the rest standard to blizzard issue. Hence, screen warnings for procs/icons etc are all just standard for me. I'm quite minimalistic. Honestly though, there's nothing wrong with them setting their UI team on it if there's nothing else for them to do. Obv there's enough people still using the standard UI for them to keep it the way it's been for years.

Edit: Tastes will differ. :c
    Last edited by Highmitsu; 2013-11-05 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    I think pet battle will stay with WoW, its a nice thing to do outside of raiding and downtime. It can take sometime to do whatever involving pets or a quick 2 minute pet battle. I definitely see them implementing more old content raids to have pet drops in the near future.

I definitely enjoyed it.
    I definitely thing overall pet battles were a positive addition to the game; that said, "quick 2 minute pet battle" doesn't really make sense to me.

I find the actual pet battle gameplay completely boring.

I did go through and collect every pet possible, and got the achievements, because I'm a completionist. Once I got there I never pet battled ever again.

Except that the pet battles are made by the UI team.
    Would've been better if they spent more time on the actual UI then. But yeah pet battles are hugely popular, so I don't mind it as much. It just doesn't interest me. My only gripe with it is that it is a requirement to unlock all the Brawler's Guild fights.

Deleted
    Got bored of it. Never been a fan of the whole Pokemon thing when I was a kid, and the collection of min-pets just doesn't interest me in the slightest.
    Fair play to you if you enjoy it, but I am glad it is purely optional as it bores me silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it. At first when it all came out I did go on a spree and collect pets while battling their trainers but eventually got bored of it. Though if a pet does drop in a raid or off a mob or whatever, I will still collect it lol

I have spent a grand total of around 5 minutes on Pet Battles so really cant offer any opinion of value beyond the statement "Looks fun, just not for me".

Seems like a great time sink, just meh for me

Deleted
    It's pretty fun, but the amount of rng and cheesey strats in pvp makes it a really hard for me to enjoy over longer periods of time.
    I hope the celestial tournament is the peak of difficulty for pet battles, as needing very specific and such large amounts of pets.

Overall, it's not something that requires any big changes, but I'd love to see some new additions. Like mono-battles, quest chains for maybe legendary pets that can only be used in PvE and duels. I also enjoyed doing the Raiding with Leashes achievements, but the fact that some of the pets had as much as 7 breeds and <10% drop chance, made it quite annoying to get the pet you wanted without having to take to the auction house and hope someone doesn't realize what they just posted.

Deleted
    never done one, just doesnt interest me.

Pet battles is a fun but small part of the game. I don't spend much time doing pet battles. The battle system would have to be more complex before I would spend more time with it. Leveling pets is increbdibly boring and is something you have to do a lot if you want success.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    Needs more layers to really shine I think.
    This is what I think.

Personally, I don't care for Pet Battles much. I like the idea and everything, but as it is right now, it's just a super shallow version of Pokemon and I can't help but feel that if I wanted to play Pokemon- I would just play Pokemon.

I'd like to see them work on it a little more and make it a bit more unique.

Deleted
    You'd say that, but pet battles are fairly intricate as they stand. Personally I'd like if there was more content added for them. More trainers. More rewards to work towards. Celestial tournament was a good start, I believe.
    This. I enjoy them, but there's precious little to do once you've collected all the wild pets (timeless isle 1% rare drops can go fuck themselves) and beaten all the tamers.

The tournament was a good idea but was poorly implemented - the healing ban makes the RNG requirement ridiculous to the point of BS (just like arcade games that are deliberately unfair to ensure that coins keep going in the slot) and makes cheesy FOTM pets mandatory (just like pvp battles). I beat it once and said that was enough, cba lvling up a bunch of water spirits and zandalari raptors just to cheese the celestials. The challenge of just beating the tamers (which are harder than any others) and the celestial elites (likewise) is more than sufficient without forcing a full restart every time a miss or enemy crit happens.

There's not even any means to practice against the tamers (not w/o resetting the instance anyway) or celestial elites...so we can't even take them on for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I know you haven't done this here, so disregard what I am about to say now..
    But anyone else who outright disses and bashes Pet Battles apparently never really done them. They are very complex in reality, and are a lot more than a simple catch pet, learn pet with no brain needed at all. In fact, they do require a lot of brain work.
    QFT. It applies more to the tamers than wild pets, but there are some really deep strategies involved. (whether it be choosing pets or playing with them)

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved collecting pets out in the world, or visiting old raids to get pets, but I hated fighting the harder pet trainers/masters. Once I hit the MOP pet masters I felt like you always needed a very specific set of pets to win, and I just didn't have it in me to level up a few more pets just to beat one master.