Why are panda rogues so bad ?

I race changed to try the panda (male) for the first time and it really sucks with rogue. The combat animations just throw you off so hard you have no idea whats going on. And they just seem to bounce randomly and their movement is really jerky...

Anyone else felt this way?

Perhaps you should have made a level 1 Pandaren Rogue first to see if you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehir View Post
    Perhaps you should have made a level 1 Pandaren Rogue first to see if you liked it.
    Didnt get this with goblin last time so didnt bother lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I got this with a Night Elf Monk fighting animation looked kinda stiff rerolled to a panda monk
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Panda animation are really cool imho - also somewhat ninja-flavored.

Anyway, it's all about personal tastes; you should have tried it with an alt and see if you liked it before race change.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Panda animation are really cool imho - also somewhat ninja-flavored.
    I don't think that someone who weight more than average human(almost obese you can say), have nice ninja animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I don't think that someone who weight more than average human(almost obese you can say), have nice ninja animations.

Challenge Accepted.

But really its a matter of taste, I like my pandaren rogue animations but could be related to her being female.
    They look a tad better than the male animations

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    The combat animations just throw you off so hard you have no idea whats going on.
    You can see your combat animations? Do you raid alone?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Swinging your weapon =/= raiding

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You can be in combat outside of raiding :O

Deleted
    I race changed to try the panda (male)
    Thar be your problem!

Though if you're alliance I feel your pain - I'm not a huge fan of playing female characters but apart from Worgen Male at a push all the males look very daft in a fighting pose.

Female panda does look right - wide leg stance and swings the weapons more cleanly than the male but again you have to be comfortable playing a female char.

You can try wowheads and WowDBs 3d model viewer on all the different races to trial their animations before hand.

Female panda wants to disagree

Anyway, totally personal opinion. I just think pandas animations are really good and fluid and the style goes well with the rogue archetype.

I'd really really like to see the new models - i just assume they will bring up to the standard every race then we can have a better comparison.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

WoW's combat animation is bad in general for a duel wielding melee class due to the fact that you're constantly auto attacking and spamming abilities at the same time which leads to either auto attack or special attack animations trying to over write each other and tending to clip each other making the combat seem very jerky and neither one really appearing that smooth. Monks aren't too bad since they rarely really have an auto attack animation and usually it's bouncing back between jab and finishers so their animations end up a lot more fluid.

Two handed users don't run into this too often since they attack pretty slowly so there's more room for animations to get in.

Hunter's have a similar problem where the number of missiles firing out is disproportionate to the amount of animations for firing. Not so bad with a gun but looks especially bad with a bow.

But, as a melee I'm surprised you can even see your character in a raid in the melee pile/shit storm of particle effects.

I agree with Coldkil though in that female panda look pretty cool. Male panda's animations look really good too just I could never get myself to play a character that looks too much like Po from Kung Fu Panda.

because they are FAT!

;D
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    because they are FAT!

;D
    Festively Plump*

):

Samo Hung in his younger days says hi!

I race changed to try the panda (male) for the first time and it really sucks with rogue. The combat animations just throw you off so hard you have no idea whats going on. And they just seem to bounce randomly and their movement is really jerky...

Anyone else felt this way?
    wait what ? we have animations ? i thought stabbing and swinging are somewhat more basic then animations ? and yes i know some races have some sort of animation but do we realy have to call them animations ? since they just come from autotattacks ?
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Why would you pay real money to look like a fat panda trying to stealth?