Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I do hope so, MoP was pretty weak in the dungeon department.

Deleted
    I loved Wotlk's dungeons. Every one of them was fun to run, and had some lore behind it, with some exceptions of course.
    The Oculus. It was also fun, but people complained about it a lot, which ruined it a bit.
    I especially liked the 3 last dungeons of wotlk. They were just great when I ran them the first time.

As for the people who complain about dungeons being overrated - how are they overrated? It's better to have more dungeons that will entertain some people than having only a few short ones. Blizzard should seriously stop listening to people who yell the most.

I think the new expansion should have about 14-16 dungeons by the end of it. 10-12 at the start. With lots of lore behind it, maybe even some interaction with an option to skip it, of course.

Deleted
    Oh I really hope. I miss the days of TBC and WotLK dungeons.

hell naw.. the vast majority of dungeons are boring (the exceptions being the three ICC dungeons).

Deleted
    WOTLK had great dungeons, most of TBCs were great too. Cata's started off very strongly and was really good. They went downhill very quickly after the nerf bat was swung. MoP's were horrible.

Lots of NEW dungeons, with quest/zone tie ins. Proper story arc tie ins.

Here's another idea for making dungeons interesting: reward completing dungeons with three people, two people or solo. Here's how to reward, too: right now, some bosses in heroics can drop epics (although the ilvls of these epics aren't high) -- make these epics have the same ilvl as drops in normal raids, and make the drop chance 2% if you complete a heroic with 5 or 4 people, 10% if you complete it with 3 people, 20% if you complete it with 2 people, and 30% if you complete it solo. One drop a day per-person, too.

Could work?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are as crap and easy as the 5 mans in MOP just dont bother

why would i care for somethign that rewards nothing and can be completed for showing up.

and people say BC was a grindfest. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Yes they are tedious, because they are waaaaay to easy. They are just aoe spam fests for justice points at this point, and no challange modes arent hard either :P

They just need to make it challanging :P Idc if you want to steamroll (generally directed at people, not the quote), it's not a good stance to take on content. Same goes for everything in this game, it's to much 1-3 shot mobs and then move on, its boring and it really doesn't make me bond with my character or class...

Not to mention classes are basically the same now within their respective roles.... But thats no the point here.

So yeah more dungeons, but make them harder and preferably have atleast one really long one, aka 2-3 hours lenght, but it should not be included in the random pool, but you should be able to que for it if you want to.

Yeah, first they said dungeons too hard

now everyone complains all they have is LFR to run and raid is the only endgame

and yup everything outside of raids is 1-3 shot mobs, spam /cast sequence and watch movies on the other screen till the "chore + grinD" is done
    Last edited by Daffan; 2013-11-03 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Here's another idea for making dungeons interesting: reward completing dungeons with three people, two people or solo. Here's how to reward, too: right now, some bosses in heroics can drop epics (although the ilvls of these epics aren't high) -- make these epics have the same ilvl as drops in normal raids, and make the drop chance 2% if you complete a heroic with 5 or 4 people, 10% if you complete it with 3 people, 20% if you complete it with 2 people, and 30% if you complete it solo. One drop a day per-person, too.

Could work?
    Not really, there are only a few classes that can do this. Leaving out 80% of players due to class choice is a bit crap.

I definitely want more dungeons in the next expansion. MoP is the expansion that I haven played the least amount of, mostly because of the lack of dungeons. Scenarios are fine, raid finder is fine too. I can't stand not getting new dungeons though. Especially when there were so few dungeons at launch for MoP already. Wrath was such a great period of time for dungeons. The whole setting of wrath was great and the atmosphere of every dungeon was awesome.

Getting new dungeons with each tier was great. The 5 mans that came with ICC are some of my favorite dungeons in the game. Even Cataclysm had some great dungeons. I know I am one of the very few, but my favorite dungeons in Cata were the redone ZG and ZA. It was great going back there and they were pretty challenging in the early days. Then MoP came and I can't think of a single dungeon that I particularly enjoyed, besides maybe SFK. The whole asian theme was kind of overdone in my opinion. Having only 2 or 3 different dungeons while leveling to 90 left a bad taste in my mouth too.

I'm still going to play the new expansion but I will be very disappointed if there's not either enough dungeons at release to last throughout the expansion or they don't release any other dungeons as the expansion progresses.

Would like maybe a few more just for Challenge Mode variety (not like the Dragon Soul catch-up or ICC 5-mans). I don't like dungeon gear replacing raid gear, as I like that PuGs still have a reason to do old raids (ToT mostly, i LOVE ToT and am happy that so many people are still running it for gear on alts). I think the gear progression of quests > dungeons > old raids > current raids is pretty cool and should stay intact. Just maybe add a few more dungeons for that starter gear and so that Challenge Modes are more than just 9 dungeons.

Also to those saying Scenarios take away from dungeon resources, Scenarios are made by the quest team, dungeons are not. So technically we got less dungeons due to more raid bosses, not due to more scenarios (not that I'm really a fan of scenarios, though I do like that they don't require a healer or tank).

Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Not really, there are only a few classes that can do this. Leaving out 80% of players due to class choice is a bit crap.
    That's not entirely true. I don't know anyone that can't solo most or all of the MoP heroics. Obviously some classes can do it with less gear, but as an example my prot warrior soloed H Stormstout in 5.1. There was a Blood DK soloing gold challenge modes in 5.2. It's more of a gear/skill issue than a class issue (though class does determine how much gear you need to an extent).

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Yeah, I'd very much like that. If I recall correctly, both TBC and WotLK had 12 new dungeons, whereas Cataclysm had only 10 (including the remade SFK and Deadmines). MoP follows up with just 6.

Was a bit disappointed there
    So you include remade dungeons for previous expansions but not for mop? Way to go.

Also, if more dungeons come at the expense of raid content, I'll have to oppose.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

What if the new thing they announce is WoW will be discontinued and Hearthstone will take center stage for the WoW story to continue because a madman changed reality to where everyone is a card. Then once you win enough battles you unlock a raid token and when you collect 100 raid tokens you get to purchase a life in a raid and take part in it as a regular wow game would be. The raid life is only good for one life/raid/zone in so if you leave or get disconntected for any reason that life is gone and you must start the entire process again. The regular wow would return once someone has survived and cleared all raids without dying within a single lockout "3days" Thus creating the most grindy MMO ever created.

Having 16 dungeons in BC was one of the best parts of the expansion, it made it a lot less repetitive to farm for gear and added a lot of great lore to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    You are right, although that only applies to soloing a dungeon, completing it with three or two would probably be viable for any spec, given enough effort. But with soloing, yes, we have this problem. Maybe sidekicks like in PGs... yep, they are dumb, but that's the point - you are making the run harder in exchange for a chance at epics.

Deleted
    The attitude of raid>all has become to prominent. Yes they are the "end cap" but it is a shame that they come as a detriment to other areas of the game. When looking at how many people step into raids, that is a shame.

Are there any stats on dungeon runs v raid runs for the wow population?

yes i like dungeons, especially as a healer. scenarios are ok but NOT as a replacement for dungeons.

if it means less raiding bosses so be it, LFR takes too long anyway.

There will be alot of 5 mans due to "downscaling timewarden thing" cheers! Also can't wait for new challenge modes!

I'd like to see challenge mode dungeons reworked to be challenging, instead of just a speed run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldthrenody View Post

Hopefully this new tech with the level scaling helps this issue out a lot. I'd love to queue in to a random pool of every 5 man in the game. I could valor cap by doing Utgarde Pinnacle, Mechanar, or Lost city of Tolvir. To me, that idea just sounds amazing.
    Oh man, I would really like that. If the 5 mans are gonna be of trivial difficulty anyway, it'd be nice to get a load of variety.
    Cataclysm 5 mans had a good initial tier of heroics. Then they added ZA and ZG, which were nicely challenging, but repetitive since it was only 2. Then you had End Time, which was worse since it was repetitive AND easy.