Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Who the hell cares about "creativity" in the naming, if they make the game good than thats all that matters. it could be "insert "cool" name here" and still make the game terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Ya I think the name is fine, it breathes off Outland rehash to me & alot expressed it didn't sound interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

From what people are speculating it could be about, its doesn't sound all that exciting. Personal Opinion always.
    We know absolutely nothing of what it is about.

It's called Warlords of Draenor.

It's referring to some characters.

That's it.

They could easily take this and say, "Hey, Wrathion decided to twist the time line, bring to Azeroth the Warlords of Draenor, and now they're wrecking havoc and have divided the world up into sections like they did Draenor. Now we have to take them back and defeat the Warlords, one at a time."

Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    Who the hell cares about "creativity" in the naming, if they make the game good than thats all that matters. it could be "insert "cool" name here" and still make the game terrible.
    Like when people thought that Cataclysm was totally unrelated to wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Or people have to much imagination that have started to imagin something that is not logically possible in a real world
    That too, but my point was that people just think ''heuheuheuheu its outland revamp and we go back in time heuheuheuheu''. REALLY? thats all you're gonna say...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    We know absolutely nothing of what it is about.

It's called Warlords of Draenor.

It's referring to some characters.

That's it.

They could easily take this and say, "Hey, Wrathion decided to twist the time line, bring to Azeroth the Warlords of Draenor, and now they're wrecking havoc and have divided the world up into sections like they did Draenor. Now we have to take them back and defeat the Warlords, one at a time."
    So you're trying to convince us that the expansion doesn't have to be stupid by coming up with a story that sounds stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Let's compare the trademarks.

Mists of Pandaria
    IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; computer game discs; computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program; mousepads. FIRST USE: 20111021. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20120925
    IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games; entertainment services, namely, conducting contests online and providing a website for organizing, planning and executing exhibitions and special events between computer game players and interest groups for entertainment purposes. FIRST USE: 20111021. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20120925

Warlords of Draenor
    Class: 9 Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

Class: 41 Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games

Hearthstone

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program
    IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; conducting contests online and providing a website for organizing, planning and executing exhibitions and special events between computer game players and interest groups for entertainment purposes; conducting entertainment exhibitions online in the nature of card games for entertainment purposes; conducting card game competitions online for entertainment purposes

Heroes of the Storm
    IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs
    IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games

You will notice that Mists of Pandaria lists
    - computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit
    - mousepads

While the "Warlords of Draenor" trademark doesn't. The "Warlords of Draenor" in turn lists something the "Mists of Pandaria" trademark doesn't list.
    - Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

I think it's unlikely that the next WoW expansion would all of a sudden not bring out any mousepads or not sell the game with manuals and guides as a bundle. Just as unlikely as it is that WoW will be playable on portable devices. However that line also appears in the "Heroes of the Storm" trademark and it's also possible they go down that route with Hearthstone, so I think it's much more likely this is somehow related to "Hearthstone" or "Heroes of the Storm". And if it is, it also makes sense that the trademark wouldn't need to apply to game software sold together as a unit with manuals and guides.

Another reason I think it's not related to WoW is the name. The name "Warlords of Draenor" sounds very close to "Heroes of Azeroth" (the TCG) and "Heroes of Warcraft" (Hearthstone). The "Warlords of Draenor" then could be a Hearthstone expansion that adds Outland heroes to the game - an Orc Blademaster, an Ogre Mage and a Demon Hunter.

However in the context of WoW I don't think this name really fits. Even if the expansion somewhere along the road makes us fight a bunch of Warlords - what is so important about them, that they deserve to be in the title of the expansion? It is such an uncreative name, it feels like calling "Cataclysm" "Dragons of Azeroth" or calling "Wrath of the Lich King" "Undead of Northrend".

edit: I missed that the Hearthstone trademark mentions cards and online tournaments, so maybe Hearthstone seems a bit unlikely. I still think WoW is just as unlikely, unless they make WoW for mobile phones.
    Just as I posted yesterday. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...it-s-trademark

No offense.. but how on earth can a trademark called "Warlord of Draenor" trademarked BY Blizzard a week before Blizzcon (patterns..) not be the name of the next WoW expansion?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard hyping us all up & boom just surprises us with Corki's Unleashed.
    Maybe they'll hype it up as Corgis on stage. And then when Metzen says the name, he instead says "Warlords of Draenor"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Maybe they'll hype it up as Corgis on stage. And then when Metzen says the name, he instead says "Warlords of Draenor"
    Well I know for Cataclysm he said the name before hand, but did he for Wrath ?? I know he didn't for MoP.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

So you're trying to convince us that the expansion doesn't have to be stupid by coming up with a story that sounds stupid?
    Yes, take the idea I pulled out of my ass in 10 seconds in a condescending manner to show you proof that a name means nothing, and run your rebuttle with that.

You're one smart cookie.

Since you decided to completely disregard the meaning of my post, or maybe you really aren't that cookie I thought you were, here it is.

It's a name, that refers to certain characters that we know of.

It doesn't mention a place where we take this up.

Honestly I hope it is the WoW xpac I have already hyped up some friends who quit, with WoD. Gonna feel stupid if it isn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Problem is, apparently that category for mousepads and bundles doesn't exist anymore, so that might be the reason it doesn't show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is, apparently that category for mousepads and bundles doesn't exist anymore, so that might be the reason it doesn't show up.
    There is just so many things missing or different, its the point of Speculation, its suppose to be fun & exciting while also getting you hyped while some people get angry & bent out of shape. An try to cause problems.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Thats because people have 0 imagination.

Honestly, if you're already in denial or simply dont have any interest in it, even though you know Nothing about it, thats just gonna make the annoucement less appealing to you, so whatever.

Im not really closeminded, I dont go by from just a name, or what some no name says on the forums.

This whole damn situation reminds me of the Mists of Pandaria debackle.

Godamn people.
    Here's the thing. The reaction at the Pandaria leak was "oh no, they wouldn't do that, surely this is fake"... and they did it... and look where it got them, hemorrhaging subs like crazy. A lot of people quit the game during MoP. The exodus started not long after MoP's release, when you look at the quarterly results sub numbers reported. And not many people who quit during Cata even came back for MoP, because it didn't sound appealing to them.

So yes all of MoP has been a bit of a debacle, and not just the leak beforehand. The people that frequent these forums represent a tiny, tiny fraction of the people that play WoW, but they are people who generally like and care about the Warcraft universe. And if the immediate reaction is negative here, it just doesn't bode well for the overall success of the xpac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Yes, take the idea I pulled out of my ass in 10 seconds in a condescending manner to show you proof that a name means nothing, and run your rebuttle with that.

You're one smart cookie.

Since you decided to completely disregard the meaning of my post, or maybe you really aren't that cookie I thought you were, here it is.

It's a name, that refers to certain characters that we know of.

It doesn't mention a place where we take this up.
    Don't get pissy on me here. If you want to convince people that there's potential behind this title then try to come up with something interesting. You're complaining about people who don't see anything appealing behind that name, yet you can't convince them.

Personally I see some potential behind it, but I don't blame other players if that doesn't appeal to them.

10+ Year Old Account

Seriously Blizzard make Gnomes with Corgi mounts instead. :P
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get pissy on me here. If you want to convince people that there's potential behind this title then try to come up with something interesting. You're complaining about people who don't see anything appealing behind that name, yet you can't convince them.

Personally I see some potential behind it, but I don't blame other players if that doesn't appeal to them.
    Ya basically right now it doesn't sound appealing, but when I hear what the actual story is it could sound very appealing to me. From what is being speculated it doesn't sound appealing, but it could be a whole different story then we think it is & may sound like a kickass story.

But apprently people are getting pissy that people have opinions right now, its the one part of Blizzcon week that gets hostile.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post

I would roll a Gnome for a Corgi mount !! I would name him "Hedge".
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-03 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post

wow. so corgi. much gnome. many wants.

Deleted
    Ya basically right now it doesn't sound appealing, but when I hear what the actual story is it could sound very appealing to me. From what is being speculated it doesn't sound appealing, but it could be a whole different story then we think it is & may sound like a kickass story.

But apprently people are getting pissy that people have opinions right now, its the one part of Blizzcon week that gets hostile.
    - - - Updated - - -

I would roll a Gnome for a Corgi mount !! I would name him "Hedge".
    I mean granted, we don't know much about it now, but Warlords of Draenor gives us a general idea, and if those Warlords are so important that they deserve to be in the title, it's safe to say they will be centric to the story. And if people don't like the idea of having us deal with some Warlords from Draenor, whether on Azeroth or on Draenor, that's their right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean granted, we don't know much about it now, but Warlords of Draenor gives us a general idea, and if those Warlords are so important that they deserve to be in the title, it's safe to say they will be centric to the story. And if people don't like the idea of having us deal with some Warlords from Draenor, whether on Azeroth or on Draenor, that's their right.
    of course, we always project are own vision & hope its right.