Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So you think WoW cannot be on a handheld (I agree by the way), but Heroes of the Storm can be? Good luck trying to play Dota/HoN/LoL on your iPad. I'm sure it's a mistake which they can edit later on. Maybe it was even just rushed and they used the same lawyer as with different copyrights (was in NZ just as the Dark Below was) and he just copy pasted from the last request he made. Plenty of possibilities, but I do think it will be WoW related.

Thinking it's either HS related, which hasn't even been released out of beta yet, or an ARTS compatible with tablets makes me think you just don't like the name and are in denial. Could be unrelated of course, but I'd rather doubt it considering the name to be honest. We haven't seen anything of HotS yet, so shouldn't be that, and we are already playing a beta version of HS, so shouldn't be that either. Can't be Diablo or SC related because different universes which pretty much leaves it to be either WC4 or WoW X5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Deleted
    Yeah I don't think/hope it's going to be the wow expansion either. It doesn't sound very WoW (y) and I very much doubt that blizzard would do another expac without a VERY CLEAR storyline/connection to the rest again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    TDB has been confirmed to be a hoax by multiple insiders, not just the trademark before, but the part about TDB being Titan now as well. TDB is nothing, sorry, even though I like the concept.

WoD is not an iffy trademark, it is pretty much dead certain official and a Blizzard franchise.
    The content of the WoD leak (except for TDB = Titan) has been suggested to be true by several insiders now as well, which is a bit heartbreaking to me.

I still think the title is off, and the trademark might be for something expansion-related, not the expansion itself.
    But either way i'm sticking to my gut feeling on this one.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Placeholder ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    But either way i'm sticking to my gut feeling on this one.
    If the whole thing is one epic troll and it turns out to be something completely different, i'll be happy to have been trolled for once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    If they could hide the name somehow then I'd agree with you but they can't. They have to register it prior to Blizzcon and the trademarks can be searched for. That's why we've known the name of every WoW expansion prior to it being announced at Blizzcon.. and funnily enough this website is always the first to break the news. That's why so many people trust this. Although every time there is always people who refuse to believe it.. which is ok too.

So between now and Friday there needs to be another name registered, otherwise it's either WOD or TDB.
    They could wait a bit longer than one week prior though but yeah, it's true, they have to eventually trademark it. If Warlords is really it, they waited longer than usual though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You're right, I missed the 41 section on Hearthstone

I still think it's not related to WoW, unless they're planning to release it on mobile phones.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet it doesn't mention mobile devices in any of the WoW trademarks.

Why not trademark for that too ? Mobile armory is kind of playing the game , since you can do AH stuff etc, and maybe they are expanding the mobile armory feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Warlords of Draenor" just isn't a WoW expansion name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Are you kidding with me here? Please tell me you're kidding.

Warlords of Draenor is actually a very fitting name. What do you want to call it then? Ultramega-land? Alice in Outland?

And no, not a Hearthstone expac. It's in beta ffs.
    It's a F2P card game. CCGS have a traditionally high turnover rate for expansions. Plus, the rate of changes and updates for Hearthstone have slowed down.

The line between beta and launch will effectively be distinguished by a deck reset. I wouldn't be surprised to see a launch date at Blizzcon, along with future plans (ie: expansion decks).

Can't count it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    If the whole thing is one epic troll and it turns out to be something completely different, i'll be happy to have been trolled for once.
    Well same here, but I do end up right. I be sure no one forgets it & I'm sure people wont let me & others forget it if we are wrong.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    Why not trademark for that too ? Mobile armory is kind of playing the game , since you can do AH stuff etc, and maybe they are expanding the mobile armory feature.
    "The first version was for the iPhone and iPod Touch available since July 2009, but versions for other mobile OSes followed. "
    Sorry, but filing a trademark for the mobile armory isn't a valid argument, seeing as it's been out for 4 years and never got an expansion-specific trademark.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could wait a bit longer than one week prior though but yeah, it's true, they have to eventually trademark it. If Warlords is really it, they waited longer than usual though.
    No Wrath came out 3 or 4 days before Blizzcon, but alot of people had hints it would be Lich King because of a old Expansion timeline leak that was right until Mists & Blizzzard confirmed they changed there mind before development started.

I think WOTLK was quite close (goes to check).. yep.. trademark applied on 28/07/2007 Blizzcon on 03/08/2007. But yeah some of the more recent ones had more time. I do agree it's fun not being 100% sure... but i'm 95% sure due to this news item here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    Ehem....WarCraft IV *cough* *cough*
    I had this very thought last night while walking my doggies...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I think WOTLK was quite close (goes to check).. yep.. trademark applied on 28/07/2007 Blizzcon on 03/08/2007. But yeah some of the more recent ones had more time. I do agree it's fun not being 100% sure... but i'm 95% sure due to this news item here.
    The last 2 Xpac trademarks were reveiled or discovered 2-3 months before Blizzcon that was one of the main reasons "The Dark Below" hooked on to people & the speculation really began after Reaper of Souls was Diablo 3 related.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with the OP..
    The differences he points out are at least confusing, and seem to support how it is not a WoW expansion.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I have a feeling it's not the WoW expansion either. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    Ehem....WarCraft IV *cough* *cough*

After thinking about it some more, that could be correct. Assuming they want to do another warcraft (not wow) game, it seems more realistic to have the setting sometime before WoW. Draenor would make an interesting setting. They could go even have 3-4 factions on Draenor and show the history on the planet before the first war. Factions could be the Burning Legion, the draenei, uncorrupted orcs, and the corrupted orc forces.

Tons of characters. Ner'zhul, Gul'dan, Grom, Ogrim, Durotan, Velen, Blackhand, Kil'jaeden, possibly some Medivh. Basically the video game adaptation of Rise of the Horde.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. The only real way you could have an emphasis on "Warlords" from Draenor would be to travel back into the past. Unless Blizzard is going to make us go back to Outland and say, "After you left, things went to shit and now you've got to go back and fix it." Don't think they'd want to do that seeing as Cataclysm has been the most unpopular expansion to date.

WoD expansion boss, Medivh! Calling it now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krez View Post
    After thinking about it some more, that could be correct. Assuming they want to do another warcraft (not wow) game, it seems more realistic to have the setting sometime before WoW. Draenor would make an interesting setting. They could go even have 3-4 factions on Draenor and show the history on the planet before the first war. Factions could be the Burning Legion, the draenei, uncorrupted orcs, and the corrupted orc forces.

Tons of characters. Ner'zhul, Gul'dan, Grom, Ogrim, Durotan, Velen, Blackhand, Kil'jaeden, possibly some Medivh. Basically the video game adaptation of Rise of the Horde.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. The only real way you could have an emphasis on "Warlords" from Draenor would be to travel back into the past. Unless Blizzard is going to make us go back to Outland and say, "After you left, things went to shit and now you've got to go back and fix it." Don't think they'd want to do that seeing as Cataclysm has been the most unpopular expansion to date.
    Don't forget next year is the 20th anniversary for Warcraft & WoW was released the month of the 10th anniversary for Warcraft. WoW will have something for its 10th Anniversary of course.

Only thing blizzard have that is playable on a mobile phone is hearthstone so..