Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm thinking Warcraft IV but it will be events prior to Orcs and Humans. Actually I have no clue what it could be but that is just what I am hoping for :)

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Have you ever even played a physical CCG/TCG? Because it doesn't sound like you have.

New cards are the name of the game.
    I have, but the "Hearthstone" justification makes no sense. "Heroes of Warcraft" is the name because of people like Garrosh, Malfurion, Jaina etc.

What role would the name "Warlords of Draenor" fulfill? Is it just a couple of cards in the booster pack that is Draenor related. Or do you think there will be new playable heroes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I have, but the "Hearthstone" justification makes no sense. "Heroes of Warcraft" is the name because of people like Garrosh, Malfurion, Jaina etc.

What role would the name "Warlords of Draenor" fulfill? Is it just a couple of cards in the booster pack that is Draenor related. Or do you think there will be new playable heroes?

If Warlords of Draenor is for Hearthstone I would expect.

Ner'Zhul,Grommash Hellscream, Durotan(Maybe?) Rend Blackhand? Gul'dan is already used so no Kil'Jaeden maybe? Mannoroth Velen might be in it if he isn't already. That second in command dude that is next to Kil'Jaeden. Don't know anybody else.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    It's not hearthstone.

http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/att...-trademark.png

Hearthstone trademark has no mention physical disc, where as WoD does have the mention.
    Simple. You download the game for free then and when you want to upgrade you can either download it or buy a pack in the stores.

Just like how Wal-Mart sells 60 day gamecards.

Think of what a great marketing idea that would be to have Hearthstone upgrade packs sitting next to the Warcraft TCG, Magic the Gathering, and all the other knockoffs in the stores.

Flavor, art, uniqueness. Ability to one-up your friends. Any number of reasons.

The art is the best part of card games.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If it is Warlords of Draenor I'd expect for Hearthstone.

Ner'Zhul,Grommash Hellscream, Durotan(Maybe?) Rend Blackhand? Gul'dan is already used so no Kil'Jaeden maybe? Mannoroth Velen might be in it if he isn't already. That second in command dude that is next to Kil'Jaeden. Don't know anybody else.
    But we have those arctypes already. None of those people are warlords either.

If Warlords of Draenor is for Hearthstone I would expect.

So you are saying there will be two warrior archetypes that will be playable? I don't see that happening for a while, but who knows. I expect to see Monks and DKs before two warrior archetypes for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are saying there will be two warrior archetypes that will be playable? I don't see that happening for a while, but who knows. I expect to see Monks and DKs before two warrior archetypes for example.
    I imagine they will save DKs for a Northrend/Lich King booster and Monks for a Pandaria booster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did say if it's for Hearthstone. I merely gave ideas. I felt like my post was probably not realistic due to me not knowing how the Hearthstone works exactly :/
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Simple. You download the game for free then and when you want to upgrade you can either download it or buy a pack in the stores.
    A pack does not come in disc format... They won't do that either, there will just be a B.net balance card to buy.

I did say if it's for Hearthstone. I merely gave ideas. I felt like my post was probably not realistic due to me not knowing how the Hearthstone works exactly :/
    Yeah I know, we are all speculating. I do hope what you said does come true in the future regardless.

I would take "Warlords of Draenor" more seriously as Hearthstone related if this current iteration of Hearthstone was called "Heroes of Azeroth".

10+ Year Old Account
    A pack does not come in disc format... They won't do that either, there will just be a B.net balance card to buy.
    Except it is a digital card game?

Why limit your market exposure to the internet?

How many sales would they miss out on from moms that didn't see Hearthstone sitting on the shelves during the holiday season?

Except it is a digital card game?

Why limit your market exposure to the internet?

How many sales would they miss out on from moms that didn't see Hearthstone sitting on the shelves during the holiday season?
    You mean like how League of Legends and Dota has physical versions? Path of Exile?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like how League of Legends and Dota has physical versions? Path of Exile?
    Those aren't card games.

Anyways, I'm not going to argue this into the ground. I'll leave it at: "I think it is Hearthstone, I've put forth reasons, and you can all laugh at me if I am wrong in a few days."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Except WoD is an official trademarked title, whereas TDB was not and was retracted
    Lots of denial flood these pages still!

Aren't you comparing a US trademark to a New Zealand one or something? I'm surprised they're as alike as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Those aren't card games.

Anyways, I'm not going to argue this into the ground. I'll leave it at: "I think it is Hearthstone, I've put forth reasons, and you can all laugh at me if I am wrong in a few days."
    Yea you are right, they are more popular than card games.

Yea you are right, they are more popular than card games.
    Magic the Gathering, the Pokemon trading card game, Yu-gi-oh, etc; all remain extremely popular worldwide.

It wouldn't shock me if card games like those remain more popular to this day than games, even those such as LoL and DotA. MtG has been around forever and is still extremely popular.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not hearthstone.

http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/att...-trademark.png

Hearthstone trademark has no mention physical disc, where as WoD does have the mention.
    Welp, there you go.

That's pretty conclusive, IMO. Hearthstone is going to be a F2P digital download, it's quite likely Heroes of the Storm will be the same (following the LoL/DotA2 trend). There's only 3 games that would need a trademark for a disk right now. Legacy of the Void, Reaper of Souls, and Expansion V.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Hearthstone isn't even out yet.
    And yet just yesterday I was in a thread about someone planning to spend $100 buying cards for it.

IMO Blizzard needs to hurry up and release it... and be a bit less generous with Beta in future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Welp, there you go.

That's pretty conclusive, IMO. Hearthstone is going to be a F2P digital download, it's quite likely Heroes of the Storm will be the same (following the LoL/DotA2 trend). There's only 3 games that would need a trademark for a disk right now. Legacy of the Void, Reaper of Souls, and Expansion V.
    Heroes of the storm's trademark does mention physical discs.

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games