Poll: Do you like the idea of downscaling?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I would LOVE to be able to actually fight old stuff, but there would need to be incentives to do so. Like gear that is up to par with endgame stuff
    I doubt there will be gear rewards unless it's simply cosmetic. Farming old content for the same/close to the same rewards as the current tier seems silly.

They would need to add stuff that would keep having people run them, not just once like Challenge Modes.

Maybe if they do this they can bump the Invincible droprate back up to 100% from heroic when scaled? Pls Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    you can read my answer in the previous 5 threads on the same subject
    Sorry, if that's a repeat. I just didn't saw any *polls* on this. If there was such a poll, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I doubt there will be gear rewards unless it's simply cosmetic. Farming old content for the same/close to the same rewards as the current tier seems silly.
    What if the drops were up to normal, but not upgrade-able? Ofc there would need to be a limit for how much you can run or loot, but I think it would be nice for people to have gear that wasn't just look-alike to current tier.

Dungeon rewards could be on par with LFR or Heroics.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would look forward to downscaling IF and only if the downscaling part is optional. Some places you want to run without downscaling, so if it was forced on old content it would make it boring.

I don't care honestly. As long as it's not forced blizzard and go a head and do it, it won't hurt me any.

I still want the ability to solo old raids to be there. Otherwise i dont care if its 2000 or 200 strength on a item

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I still want the ability to solo old raids to be there. Otherwise i dont care if its 2000 or 200 strength on a item
    clearly you dont understand what is being said here. Not stat squish

10+ Year Old Account
    If my warglaives are better than any other weapong = yes

Otherwise = no

Blizzard has spent very little time tuning sub-max PvE since class changes in late Wrath and Cataclysm greatly increased player character power. Think for a moment how unengaging and favorably unbalanced leveling dungeons are. I don't know why we should expect down-scaling to receive the same care, let alone match nostalgic expectations of thrill in difficulty.

and what would you get out of this? only way people would do this is if those downscaled raids / dungeons reward you with items that you can actually use. if it's only for "fun", no one will bother.

I don't like the idea, but they COULD do it right. I'm just dubious when anything promises content reuse in this manner. To me this sounds like "we wanted to put pets on old bosses, but we didn't like the idea of high level players farming them, so instead we'll just force you to form groups in shrunken item level gear".

Also it becomes "make sure you NEVER get rid of X item, because now we'll downscale it for you so it will always be useful". Which would be ok if they solved the whole bagspace thing- hell, it would even be COOL then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    and what would you get out of this? only way people would do this is if those downscaled raids / dungeons reward you with items that you can actually use. if it's only for "fun", no one will bother.
    They can always stimulate people with achievements, that might work.

But the key question in my view is, again, whether or not they are prepared to essentially rebalance the game at levels below max, because that would be *required* for the feature to actually work (and provide something other than mindless AOE-fest, which is how leveling instances are now).

The interesting thing is - if they ARE prepared to rebalance the game at levels below max and will actually do that properly - we'd get more than just old instances, which are interesting to run (unless you ran them a hundred times already and are tired of the scenery). We'd get some class balance in leveling BGs! But that returns me to my initial skepticism - Blizzard said a number of times already that they have much better things to do than rebalance the game at levels below max, this was exactly what many people asked them to do because of leveling BGs, and Blizzard always said no. So, I guess they are NOT prepared to rebalance the game after all... We will soon know, anyway.
    Last edited by rda; 2013-11-03 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say it is about freaking time. The game has needed this since WotLK with so much content being left behind every expansion. While I don't want them to use that as a way to not make new fresh content, it is a way to make sure old content stays relevant for players, and that you can enjoy them at the particular level they were originally designed for.

Not only will it increase the life span of already existing content, but provide a better reward system for end game to do them. If you consider how many Heroic Dungeons there are in this game from TBC till MoP alone, variety will never be an issue. I'm really excited for this to happen.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-11-03 at 02:44 PM.

I like the idea of being able to bring my max level character with someone leveling (ala GW2) but in no way, shape or form do I think "get four other guildies to come with you and do downscaled Shadow Labs heroic" sounds like fun for more than maybe once.

I mean really, do so many of you who want to call this a way of "extending old and new content so we have more options" think they'll add new gear? At best it'll be battle pets and a few achievements. At worst, nothing at all beyond personal satisfaction which most people wouldn't go to this kind of thing to find.

I seriously doubt the dev team would see that as a worthwhile direction for endgame content and rather it's just a product of other interests.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I really dont think the point of this is to give "challenging/properly tuned/extra max level content" to players. Instead, I think that its going to have a similar reward structure to scenarios, being an extra way to accumulate valor and have a chance at some sort of other loot, with the added bonus of being able to level with people that arent at 90. I could also easily see the timewalker mode or w/e funneling people into the leveling dungeon queues, reducing queues (though they arent that high to begin with). Back in ToT after my guild stopped raiding, I couldn't be asked to do LFR, and scenarios were boring. Granted, the reduced level instances arent going to be "exciting", but it will simply offer increased variety of setting and mechanics. Yes, we are all bored of having run them in the past, and will probably get bored of running them in the future, but this will give a much larger pool of variety with no additional "creative" cost, reducing at least partially the utter boredom and predictability of getting the same scenarios over and over.

Deleted
    As long as it's optional.

It's only fun for the 2% of the playerbase who plays with friends.

I like the idea. Not sure how much use it will get in the long run, but its a one-and-done thing so its nice to have there. I just fear that going back to old raids just wont be the same since core gameplay mechanics have changed so much.

Only if it is controllable.

I don't want to be "downscaled" automatically every time I do something old. But if I'm in a group with lower levels or if I can right-click my portrait and set it (kinda like heroic, non heroic, 10, 25, etc.) then yeah, great idea.