Deleted

What is there to do at max level?

So I want to start playing GW2 again, I've stopped playing right after hitting level 80 (soon after the game release). I just want to know what is there to do at max level? Because I've logged in few minutes ago and I'm not sure what should I do Can someone tell me (in details) what is there to do at max level right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    WvW, 33 dungeon paths including the new TA dungeon, Fractals, Guild Missions, new content every two weeks, gearing up your ascended or legendaries, plus the entire game stays relevant and gives you level 80 rewards.
    Valar morghulis

Can someone tell me (in details) what is there to do at max level right now?
    One can do everything they did on the way to level 80. That is a major component and hook of the Guild Wars franchise- it is not a bimodal, linear MMO.

Don't even think of the game as having a max level- it's largely irrelevant. There is just content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much the same as other MMOs only instead of outleveling the content and your choices getting narrower and narrower until you are only left with one relevant instance, you actually expand the amount of content you have access to that is relevant.
    Valar morghulis

There are plenty of things to do at max level.

1.WvW and Season 1
    2.PvP
    3.Daily and monthly achievements
    4.Living Story
    5.Eight Dungeons with story and explorable modes
    6.Fractals of the Myst dungeon progression at least to lvl48
    7.PvE/PvP/WvW weapon and gear skin farming.
    8.Jumping puzzles
    9.World Exploration
    10.Leveling crafting for ascended items.
    11.Legendaries,pets,dye
    12.Magic Find farm.
    13.Achievement farm and leader boards placement.

What is important to have in mind is that in GW2 you set your goals.Anet is not forcing on you anything.There isn't a gear grind and raids so you won't miss something if you take a break.
    The living Story is not permanent content but so what?
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2013-11-07 at 06:42 AM.

I am a recent 80 and I find tons to do, I'm quite a fan of some of the dailies/monthly things to do.
    Achievement hunting is decent, I always fins the living world events interesting. I feel it is what you make it to be.
    I just need to find some of those cool looking armor skins

Deleted
    Crap, once i've reached lvl 80, there was so much to do, but mostly continuing quests and going to dungeons to get more items, farming tokens etc. Somehow it still got me bored and I left this game, don't know if i ever come back there, but seeing these new updates I might give it a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    world completion and get all ascended gear :/

Deleted
    Don't get fooled by the big number of paths GW2 dungeons have. There might be 33, but all of them are the exact same path with slightly altered mobs, or some other end-boss. In your best day, you'll run dungeons for gold and gold only.
    Everything else about gw2 is spectacular though, and even if you're only chasing a legendary, that alone will occupy a lot of time and good fun.

Remember, a game is played for fun. When you're not having fun, you're just a slave to it. This is mostly applicable to people who tend to farm a lot.

I'll try to do a BULLET POINT SUPER HOT CHECKLIST

**Instanced PVE Content**
    -Dungeons :: Explorable Paths
    -Fractals of the Mists
    -Finishing your story

**Open World PVE Content**
    -Meta Bosses and Dragons
    -Temple Meta Events
    -Champ farming
    -World Completion
    -Guild Missions
    -Jumping Puzzles
    -Mini-dungeons
    -Exploration in General

**OMG PVP CONTENT**
    -Hot Join (Boo)
    -tPVP
    -World v World v World :: WXP Progression, havoks, zergs. open duels, GvG

Deleted
    For the 20 hours i played on lvl 80 in GW2 before i got bored and quit the game, i used a checklist from gw2rp.
    Not sure how accurate it still is, but full credits to Reno on gw2rp forums!

1. Grind Ectoplasms!
    WHAT: You must have ectoplasms. Ghost Busters! These ectoplasms are invaluable.
    HOW: Forging items in the Mystic Forge, and breaking them down with Master's Salvage Kits -- or purchasing them with cold, hard coins. The formula is below.
    a. sell 1-80 blues and 1-69 greens/yellows/exotics for cash;
    b. combine 70-80 greens for yellows or extra greens to save to try again;
    c. break down ANY 70-80 yellows,
    and
    d. sell 70-80 exotics that sell for above 25s. Under 25-silver tends to make them more worthwhile to break down.
    WHY: Ectoplasms help create the creme de la creme of GW2 gear: crafted, exotic level 80 gear--the top-tier stuff in the game comparable to any other 80 exotic-tier item in the game (I.E.: the Draconic heavy armor set) that you can craft yourself or hire a friend or guildy to create for you. The best jewelry and trinkets, weapons, armor, and upgrade components CAN be crafted and DO compete with the best gear available. Ectoplasms, and these gear pieces also sell for a pretty copper (and by 'copper' I mean 'oodles of gold'), once you're exotic'd out.

2. Craft Legendaries!
    WHAT: Crafting legendaries (red-tier items).
    HOW: Buy or farm materials, particularly the 80 exotics, the fine materials, and base materials and farm karma. There are many guides available online. Browse around!
    WHY: Looks and the right to brag, mostly. They're only comparable to 80 exotics in terms of stats, so beware!

3. Map Completion!
    WHAT: Complete the map, zone by zone.
    HOW: Run around the map, complete every heart / POI / Waypoint / Vista and Skill Challenge in each zone. Even the PvP zone.
    WHY: Not only does each zone of the map give a LOT of coin (10-50 silver per, depending on the level range), it also gives two items (typically rare or exotic) and zone-level material rewards in a stack of 40, plus one rare item that you can usually only get from story steps or the Black Lion Trader, as well as a chunk of story experience. 100% Map Completion is a large sum of coins, XP, exotic items and a crafting material for a LEGENDARY item.

4. Farm!
    WHAT: Farm! Just farm! Farming involves the repeated slaughtering of innocent monsters such as the level cave trolls in Frostgorge Sound, or whatever you can handle. You still get level 80 items (greens, blues, yellows...) and any level materials relevant to your farming zone of choice.
    HOW: You pretty much just go kill anything in the world endlessly. As much as you want; magic find and gold find gear like Omnomberry Bars will improve your farm rate. Magic Find Boosters are also a boon if you think you'll be at it for, say, 40-60+ minutes!
    WHY: You gain coins, items of all varieties/levels and tiers, materials and experience out the wazoo. This can help you grind out ectoplasms and cash.

5. Grind for Karma!
    WHAT: Karma! It's Karma! You should know this by now...
    HOW: Karma Boosters and completing hearts and events in lower level zones, and repeatable events in Orr!
    WHY: Karma Items from karma vendors, Legendary materials, and other goodies you can only get with karma!

6. Grind for Skillpoints!
    WHAT: Unlock skill points.
    HOW: Skill challenges on your map in zones, and XP post-80 goes towards a skill point anew.
    WHY: Some legendary materials and other Mystic Forge items can be bought with skill points only.

7. Grind for Gold & Gems!
    WHAT: Gems can be used to buy things ONLY purchasable on the Black Lion Trading Company store.
    HOW: Commerce Panel ('O' key) -> Currency Exhange tab. Watch the exchange ratio like a hawk and strike when you can buy low and sell high. You can even get gold in a pinch by selling gems instead of buying them, however they were acquired.
    WHY: You don't ever have to spend a real dollar on gems on this game past the box fee if you do! You SHOULD. But you don't HAVE to.

8. Craft!
    WHAT: Get one/both your primary and secondary crafting professions up to 400/400.
    HOW: Using materials from your 80 funds and farming, craft things you have and discover things you don't. Crafting Boosters can help you or an alt plow through crafting and get a LOT of XP.
    WHY: You can supply crafted goods like armor and weapons, boxes and trinkets, upgrade components and more -- to yourself, your alts, your guildies, friends or.. even strangers!

9. Achievement Points!
    WHAT: Achievement Points are fun bragging rights.
    HOW: Hero Panel ('H' key) -> Achievements and start going down the list. Some are account-wide and others are class-specific or gameplay type-specific. Some are repeatable, too!
    WHY: Tell your friends you've got the most achievements and points! They're like Steam Achievements or Xbox Live Achievement Points. It also boosts influence for the guild you are representing at the time of the unlock!

10. World vs. World/sPvP!
    WHAT: World vs. World does get marginally easier with higher-level gear, but it isn't game-breaking..
    HOW: pops up from your 'B' key menu, and Structured PvP is accessed from your Hero panel ('H') key -> PvP tab -> "Go to the Heart of the Mists."
    WHY: WvW has exquisite fine and crafting materials, PvE mobs to kill, players to fight against for the obvious added fun of player vs. player combat, structural damage and sieges, and guerrilla combat or mass warfare. The choice is yours! Structured PvP is fun and has unique rewards from Glory, which you can make great use of Glory/PvP Boosters, here. It also seperates your skills, gear and traits from WvW and PvE... it is its own game type! WvW even gives a lot of karma, and Badges of Honor (PvP currency).

11. Grind for Pact (Vigil, Durmand Priory & Order of Whispers), Tier 1, 2 & 3 Cultural Gear!
    WHAT: Cultural Armor & Weapons and Pact Armor & Weapons
    HOW: LOTS of gold. Some weapons can be bought with karma, but armor cannot.
    WHY: They are some of the coolest-looking items in the game and have 80 exotic stats for most of the items. It also gives you achievement points, one batch of points is given once for a single item from a race's cultural armory (but only once, for example--get a sylvari shoulder, 5 achievement points for a piece of sylvari cultural. But you CANNOT unlock the Emperor's New Wardrobe achievement with a full set of cultural gear from one race. It must be from all FIVE races.)

12. Dungeon Exploration!
    WHAT: Dungeons have Story and Exploratory Modes. Some waypoints and Points of Interest are ONLY available in dungeons and their story or exploratory modes, and Exploratory Mode paths reward fantastic loot and tokens. Both modes have achievement points and XP (for skill points) rewarded en masse.
    HOW: Complete a Story Mode Dungeon, and/or go with friends who have completed Story Mode to run Exploratory Mode. Only one person has to complete Story Mode to unlock Exploratory Mode for all, but you must be at-level for Exploratory Mode regardless if your state of completion of its story (typically +5 to the story, as in Ascalanian Catacombs Story Mode is 30, while its exploratory mode is 35).
    WHY: Dungeon tokens can be used for rare, exotic armor and weapons you can transmute or use for stats. Or both! Not to mention the XP (for skill points), item and currency rewards!

13. Help People!
    WHAT: Helping people across the map and in WvW can net you karma, coins, XP, materials, a variety of items, notoriety (as in being known as a nice person!)
    HOW: Wander the maps. Run dungeons with guildies, friends and strangers.
    WHY: Get map completion done, earn currency and rewards, and more!

14. Work On an Alt!
    WHAT: Level your >80 alternate characters for extra coins, Achievement Points, and even more.
    HOW: Obvious... I'd hope. How'd you get to 80 on THIS toon?
    WHY: For extra coins, Achievement Points, and materials and more!

15. Finish Your Personal Storyline!
    WHAT: Your personal story has an end to it. Wanna know a secret about the end of the storyline that you'll wanna know before you run Arah?

Your final story mission has you actually go to kill Zhaitan. You MUST get to this final story step before running Arah or you will have to run Arah Story Mode again to receive your final reward.

HOW: There are five or so level 80 story missions to proceed through as per normal.
    WHY: The spoiler text I noted? It gives CRAZY GOOD rewards.

16. Roleplay!
    WHAT: ...
    HOW: ...guys.
    WHY: Come the heck ON. You know what, how and why. ;>

17. World Bosses
    There are tougher things in the world than the champion mobs that can be taken down by a good group. (-Viking from GW2 Official Forums)

18. 20 Slot Bags
    Are you a bad enough dude to pay 10+ gold in materials to get your space? Multiply it by 4! It’s no secret; storage on a single toon is expensive, and you’re not end-game until you’re swimming in space. (-Futbot from GW2 Forums)

19. Commander Title
    Being on the map makes you the star of the show, no matter where you go, because you are the kind of badkitten that accumulates 100 gold and windmill slams it into a vendor. (Thanks again, Futbot!)

*20. Boost your Magic Find!
    You can buy Adventurer gear, but these are expensive and you get less of the other stats because the +MF is the primary attribute.
    The best is to get 6 runes to raise your MF to 60% passive. (you can still eath omnomberry bars on top of this)
    You can do so be getting 5 Superior Runes of the Pirate and 1 Superior Rune of the Traveler (or vice versa).
    However the Pirate runes are currently worth 50% of the Traveler runes so 5 Pirates is a much better idea. (Awesome guide here. Thanks, Keops!)

*21. Exotic Up!
    Every single item in your Hero Panel can be made exotic (with the exception of your backpiece, which only goes up to ‘Rare’ from the guild armorsmith vendor). Work towards a full set, or even TWO full sets, of exotic armor packed with Superior Runes; get some exotic trinkets with top-tier jewels, and get the best weapons to fill your weapon slots stacked with the hottest Superior Sigils.