Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Question regarding WoD Leaks

    In the myriad list of fake leaks and the creation of the word Curciality, there was one leak that popped up yesterday that I haven't been able to find again.

    There was one that just had a whole load of story attached to it, and I'd heard that it came from someone from ScrollsofLore and that it's since been deleted by Blues.

    This leak in question had "No new races or classes" in big letters at the top and I was wondering if anyone knew if it was still around. I just wanted to verify fake it not. Cuz if someone from Blizzard removed it, it might be true. And that means there's no new classes or races, and that doesn't exactly fill me with hype.

  2. #2
    It was originally from the official forums, then got posted on SoL and here as well.

    Was eventually labeled fake. There's still a copy of it floating around one of the open threads.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,844
    There was a leak that was removed by a moderator of Scrolls of Lore, but that was just one which had a story outline with Jaina and Varian, don't exactly remember seeing one which states anything about no new classes or races. Also, I'm not too familiar with Scrolls of Lore, but I doubt Blizz employees have any power over there.

  4. #4
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,487
    Now you got me interested :O... Ill keep following up this thread

  5. #5
    High Overlord NiceJazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    189
    "No new class or races.

    All of this is pre demon blood so no humans with the draenei being the main Alliance force. Garrosh goes back in time and stops his father from drinking the demons blood and Gul'dan is banished. He brings technology from the current time to reinforce the Horde. Ner'zhul uses this and rises to power once more to try and gain Garrosh's trust in the....Iron Horde. The Iron Horde forbids demon magic but it's pretty likely Gul'dan may end up summoning the Legion still even on his own. We get there via the Timewalkers.

    I dunno how exactly Garrosh gets to the past yet. But his escape is explained in a upcoming short story with the start being his trial. Garrosh says he regrets nothing while laughing crazily but Anduin still believes he can be redeemed. Baine wants to personally execute Garrosh and Jaina is still her raging self. Eventually it comes to that scene we see in that Timeless Isle quest with Anduin talking to Garrosh. I dunno the rest of the story yet but it's likely Anduin and Zaela help Garrosh escape.

    5.5 was to be 2 scenario's showing Garrosh's escape but since they are short on time 5.5 was scrapped for the above story with maybe parts ending up in 6.0. It was also to tie into the Timeless Isle. The ORIGINAL story for the expansion was that Garrosh was banished to Outland but managed to get a artifact of Nozdormu. He used the artifact to summon the great heroes of the Horde and then 're makes' Draenor with the artifact pulling in new landmasses that just tears things up more. This was later scrapped for time travel.

    The Alliance start in Shadowmoon and their capital is Karabor which is similar to Terokkar now. Karabor looks like how it does in the TBC trailer with Akama but brighter. The Horde starting zone is a new zone west of Blade's Edge in the Frost Wolf Homelands where their capital is a captured Ogre stronghold city. The zone itself is a tundra.

    Netherstorm is Faralon but will be released in a future patch.

    Hellfire is a jungle where Garrosh is constructing the Dark Portal so he can invade Azeroth and 'make things right'. Zangar is a sea full of giant mushrooms.

    Shattrath is taken over by the Iron Horde and is a raid along with Auchindoun being a dungeon/raid. The other raids are The Blackrock Clan Citadel and a Ogre Stronghold.

    The first dungeon is in the Horde starting zone and is a Ogre Dungeon Cave where we rescue slaves.

    The zone south of Terrokkar is the capital of the Arrakoa and is where their palace is located. It's like Terokkar but has a LOT more tree houses and flying Arrakoa. Maybe they end up doing something with their Old God.

    There's some new tiger race as well but no details.

    The Iron Horde has dominated the Gronn and uses them as giant siege mounts similar to the mammoths in LotR.

    The 'Warlords' are all the chieftains of the old Horde with Durotan being the only good guy. Some of the main heroes of the expansion are Velen (dunno if its Velen meeting himself or just past Velen), Maarad, Vol'jin, Thrall, Durotan, and some dwarf and tauren.

    There's a continent southwest of Draenor which is the homeland of the Ogres."

    There you go. I highly doubt it's validity, but you are free to decide for yourself!
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

  6. #6
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It was originally from the official forums, then got posted on SoL and here as well.

    Was eventually labeled fake. There's still a copy of it floating around one of the open threads.
    There's like 50 locked threads on it.

    And for that matter, one deleted post where someone copy/pasted it about 50 times.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  7. #7
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,172
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceJazzhands View Post
    Stuff
    Wow that sounds... bad. Its basically "Same shit as in 5.3-5.4" But now in poor-mans version of steampunk.

    Seriously if thats true perhaps blizzard should start using LSD as source of inspiration.

  8. #8
    The whole reason it was hyped up is because a moderator on the official forums deleted it. Not so much the SoL forums.

  9. #9
    High Overlord NiceJazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Wow that sounds... bad. Its basically "Same shit as in 5.3-5.4" But now in poor-mans version of steampunk.

    Seriously if thats true perhaps blizzard should start using LSD as source of inspiration.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm not sure if it's been 100% confirmed fake, but people seem to agree that it sounds so awful that it must be fake.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

  10. #10
    Thank you! So the source on that is nonexistent, and deemed fake. Alright cool.

    Also, isn't Zaela dead? I thought she got speared off Galakras. It's starting to sound like someone's into some BC/Draenor lore, and is just making up the story as they go along.

    The fact that they say no new race/classes but don't mention any other features is decently suspicious too.

  11. #11
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Thank you! So the source on that is nonexistent, and deemed fake. Alright cool.

    Also, isn't Zaela dead? I thought she got speared off Galakras. It's starting to sound like someone's into some BC/Draenor lore, and is just making up the story as they go along.

    The fact that they say no new race/classes but don't mention any other features is decently suspicious too.
    She's residing in the same ambiguous state that Millhouse Manastorm was in after Stonecore.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  12. #12
    Over 9000! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    9,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Thank you! So the source on that is nonexistent, and deemed fake. Alright cool.

    Also, isn't Zaela dead? I thought she got speared off Galakras. It's starting to sound like someone's into some BC/Draenor lore, and is just making up the story as they go along.

    The fact that they say no new race/classes but don't mention any other features is decently suspicious too.
    No Zaela survived, http://wowpedia.org/Warlord_Zaela

  13. #13
    Warchief 1ns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    tdb
    Posts
    2,042
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceJazzhands View Post
    "No new class or races.
    ..and there i stopped reading.


    No new classes OR races = no interest.
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

  14. #14
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    She's residing in the same ambiguous state that Millhouse Manastorm was in after Stonecore.
    And that means she is 110% alive and will come back in most in/convienient moment.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceJazzhands View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I'm not sure if it's been 100% confirmed fake, but people seem to agree that it sounds so awful that it must be fake.
    I guess we'll on Friday, but that particular leak has in no way been confirmed fake - many don't like it, that's all.

    With all the backstory to that leak, I really think it is at least partly true.

  16. #16
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And that means she is 110% alive and will come back in most in/convienient moment.
    Or just become a Brawler's Guild boss.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolgrim View Post
    I guess we'll on Friday, but that particular leak has in no way been confirmed fake - many don't like it, that's all.

    With all the backstory to that leak, I really think it is at least partly true.
    Which leak are we talking about now? Because if it's the one the OP was asking for, the guy confessed on these forums to it being a fake.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  17. #17
    It has to be fake. A lot of it is just replication from quests from BC and Cata. There isn't really anything too original about it.

    One thing I can note about the Outland map is there are places out there not on the WoW map. It's an area off to the east of the dark portal in Hellfire. You can find tidbits of it if you google Draenor maps.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    ..and there i stopped reading.


    No new classes OR races = no interest.
    Exactly. Those two things are always used as a driving point for the lore of the expansion. The death knight starting area basically set up the story.

    If the "leak" was true, I'd have no interest, and I really don't want to have no interest!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

    Which leak are we talking about now? Because if it's the one the OP was asking for, the guy confessed on these forums to it being a fake.
    The one NiceJazzhands posted.

    The ridiculous one with murlocs and ogres is confirmed fake.

  20. #20
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Exactly. Those two things are always used as a driving point for the lore of the expansion. The death knight starting area basically set up the story.

    If the "leak" was true, I'd have no interest, and I really don't want to have no interest!
    Maybe the turning point will be the upgraded character model

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •