Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Sebastian Vettel impersonating Kimi Räikkönen, Abu Dhabi 2013.

This was epic, not only the best driver+car+team, but also with an incredible humor sense.

I couldn't find this link on youtube, sorry.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16...p_auto?start=1
    Last edited by shise; 2013-11-03 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    Alternatively he's an arrogant little man-child. But I'd agree he has the best car.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Alternatively he's an arrogant little man-child. But I'd agree he has the best car.
    Oh...envy is so bad, I pity people like you, who call him "arrogant", when he's the easiest going driver in F1, even thought he's 26 and has won four world championships making no mistakes. It's also fun when you don't even know him ir have, at least, spoken with him.

Deleted
    Ignoring the guy who gave him his championships so he could show off is nothing but arrogant. You absolutely cannot dispute that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    He's still seemingly the greatest driver in the sport's history though.

He's what, 24 and already beaten all time great records and looks like he will easily beat every other record.

He has a great car, sure, but he's still in several leagues above his competition.

I think most people agree that drivers should be able to celebrate in F1, they do in many other motorsports. Vettel is the best driver at the moment, Red Bull is the best car. Sadly that combination is making the sport pretty boring.

If the cars were somewhat more evenly balanced then you wouldn't see Vettel win nearly as much.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    He's still seemingly the greatest driver in the sport's history though.

He's what, 24 and already beaten all time great records and looks like he will easily beat every other record.

He has a great car, sure, but he's still in several leagues above his competition.
    We haven't seen any competition for quite a long while because his car is several leagues above his competition.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    We haven't seen any competition for quite a long while because his car is several leagues above his competition.
    Nonsense. He has a great car, but there are plenty of people capable of catching him.

Deleted
    think you've been watching the wrong season Root, he dominated in Abu Dabi without even needing to push

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Nonsense. He has a great car, but there are plenty of people capable of catching him.
    Yes, like how in Singapore race after safety car managing to rack over 30 second gap to the second one in just few rounds. You don't get that sort of distance by just "driving well", especially when others were driving considerably well as well.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Yes, like how in Singapore race after safety car managing to rack over 30 second gap to the second one in just few rounds. You don't get that sort of distance by just "driving well", especially when others were driving considerably well as well.
    So how do you explain qualifying times? They all post near identical times, at least those in with a running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I think most people agree that drivers should be able to celebrate in F1, they do in many other motorsports. Vettel is the best driver at the moment, Red Bull is the best car. Sadly that combination is making the sport pretty boring.

If the cars were somewhat more evenly balanced then you wouldn't see Vettel win nearly as much.
    Then again, balance and homogenization can also lead to it's share of problems, i.e NASCAR's Car of Tomorrow, which people still dislike to this day.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

The main difference with the Red Bull is that it's able to run fast with both a heavy and light fuel tank, it's also really good at using the tyres for maximum speed while minimising tyre wear. On top of that Vettel's smooth precise driving style (which he practices to perfection in the simulator, something Mark does not do nearly as much) is a further advantage in making the most of the tyres without damaging them.

If you look at hamilton he was well known for his aggressive and attacking driving style, he took after his hero (Ayrton Senna) and his driving style reflects that, sadly however the Pirelli tyres are far too sensitive for that and so he has to drive at a compromise, he needs to relearn to drive in a way that is different from his natural style, generally he has been good at this but it's clear he would rather be attacking.

When you're at the very finest edge, the best of the best in the world then it only takes one small tiny difference to seperate the drivers. If you remember that the earlier type of tyre did not work so well with the Red Bull, as soon as it was changed back to last years construction (the construction that Red Bull had mastered) it was game over for every other team, Red Bulls car combined with Sebastians Driving on the 2012 Construction tyre was unbeatable.

In terms of raw talent/speed then Hamilton is every bit as good as Vettel, but with the tyres as sensitive as they are the smallest difference can result in a massive difference on track. Not only that but Merc had been giving Hamilton a lot of rear downforce in order to help him try to achieve first row qualifying results, that same rear wing has compromised him in the race by reducing his straight line speed and thus his ability to overtake, as a result of that he gets stuck behind another car in hot/dirty air and loses downforce which causes his tyres to overheat/wear faster killing his race. Brawn admits that really they should have comprimised slightly on the rear wing to ensure he was able to be competitive on the straights in the race, something I think they are intending to do for the last races.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    The only time I've hmm, not disliked but thought he was immature as fuck, was when Kimi swore during a live interview and then Seb sheepishly followed suit in his interview.

It could be worse. He could have tried to impersonate Kimi's teammate, Grosjean, mailing it in every race and crashing into everything.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-11-08 at 06:08 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.