Soundcard for my ATH M50

Hello

So you've always helped me out and I once again need to seek advice.

I got a pair of ATH M50 that I feel I should beable to rise the volume up abit. I've hooked them into my reciver and I know I can crank up the volume abit more.

So I need a soundcard that can run these at 100 %. Im looking to spend as little money as possible and I can look for a used one.
    Would a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music or Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty be enough?

Deleted
    I wouldn't buy either of those. Xonar DG(X) is a better card, and it has an integrated headphone amp. DG is PCI, DGX is PCI-E 1x.

Deleted
    Honestly a cheap Asus Xonar DGX can drive those no problem and you get better inline quality as well. XFi Extreme if good if you can find one cheap. A DAC is an option as well:

Fiio E10 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Honestly a cheap Asus Xonar DGX can drive those no problem and you get better inline quality as well. XFi Extreme if good if you can find one cheap. A DAC is an option as well:

Fiio E10 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier
    Paying 76 USD for a pair of 120ish USD headphones is not what Im considering cheap.

Deleted
    You seem to underestimate the effect a good DAC and AMP have on sound quality.

Anyway, like mentioned before, the cheapest decent option is DG(X).

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    You seem to underestimate the effect a good DAC and AMP have on sound quality.

Anyway, like mentioned before, the cheapest decent option is DG(X).
    No. You seem to not understand my post. I asked for the cheapest possible option for my headphones. Paying 76 USD is not the cheapest possible option.
    If you've read my signature I got a speaker system for about 2500 euro.

I appricate your help but I do not plan to spend more than I have to on these headphones because I dont use them that often.

Is it this card you mean? http://www.netonnet.se/art/dator/kom...FXF8cAodcU8AUw
    Because that price is acceptable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    Paying 76 USD for a pair of 120ish USD headphones is not what Im considering cheap.
    I mentioned the cheap decent options first and then an alternative that you might not have thought of. Your headphones are $145 at Amazon that's what i went with. If you don't like the advice of the DAC, then guess what? ignore it... Sorry we didn't read through all of your signature.

Yes that Xonar card you linked is the one.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-11-03 at 06:24 PM.

I mentioned the cheap decent options first and then an alternative that you might not have thought of. Your headphones are $145 at Amazon that's what i went with. If you don't like the advice of the DAC, then guess what? ignore it... Sorry we didn't read through all of your signature.

Yes that Xonar card you linked is the one.
    Yeah the fault is on both of us. I should of mentioned that I didnt use them that often.

Anyhow, you seem to know this stuff more than me so Ill ask one more question.
    That soundcard you told me to get the Xonar one.. will it beable to run these to the "max" if you understand what I mean?

I know that a Fiio would be better but I kinda dont feel like spending that much more on them.

I don't really know how to say it but I dont want to buy the Xonar if there is a option that would play them alot better for maybe 10 USD extra.. Do ya understand my confusing post?

Deleted
    Impedance is only ~38 Ohm so Xonar DGX will drive them just fine. They really don't require that much. I also recommend using custom drivers:

UNi Xonar Drivers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    No. You seem to not understand my post. I asked for the cheapest possible option for my headphones. Paying 76 USD is not the cheapest possible option.
    If you've read my signature I got a speaker system for about 2500 euro.

I appricate your help but I do not plan to spend more than I have to on these headphones because I dont use them that often.

Is it this card you mean? http://www.netonnet.se/art/dator/kom...FXF8cAodcU8AUw
    Because that price is acceptable.
    I don't really give a rat's ass about your speaker system's price, just saying that the DAC is a reasonable investment. I also said that the sound card is the way to go if you want as cheap as possible. In fact the upgrades from that cost quite a bit more, in the 900SEK range and up.

And yes that is the card.

Impedance is only ~38 Ohm so Xonar DGX will drive them just fine. They really don't require that much. I also recommend using custom drivers:

UNi Xonar Drivers
    Thanks alot for your help Notarget Appricate it

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    I don't really give a rat's ass about your speaker system's price, just saying that the DAC is a reasonable investment. I also said that the sound card is the way to go if you want as cheap as possible. In fact the upgrades from that cost quite a bit more, in the 900SEK range and up.

And yes that is the card.
    Rude and from Finland. How come it's always Finland thats so rude? Welcome to my ignore list and gfto.

Deleted
    kimpan, when you ask for advice, we arent giving you approval on what you have, you ask for advice, people will give that and the options within that and the price that goes with those options, your response was by far more rude in this thread, also let me just provide a counter argument, for someone that owns a $2500 speaker system, you didnt know about the range of soundcards?