The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Alt noobkin in need of help

Been having an urge to play as moonkin lately (largely in LFRs and soloing), but my DPS is pretty dismal... I'm peaking at around 65k, with a 50k average at the end of the fight. I can do that on my lvl 89 hunter, so something is seriously wrong, but I can't quite figure out what.

Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elanore/simple

Now, the gear's not the best, and I've not enchanted anything, but I feel I should be able to do at least a steady 80-90k. As for rotation, I've read up on icy-veins and on the forum here, I don't clip my DoTs (well, it happens on occasion, but not *that* often). Anyone have any pointers? I'm afraid I don't have any logs, seeing as I've not raided as moonkin in years.

Edit: I'm currently at the lowest haste breakpoint, just had to give it a try before raid time, but I'm usually at the 5k haste breakpoint, then going crit, then extra haste
    Last edited by Telanore; 2013-11-03 at 06:38 PM.

To start with. You aren't enchanted and you're 4% over hit cap. You're reforging out of haste when you should be aiming for your first haste cap at 5237. You haven't used your JC specific gems, and your equipped ilvl is pretty low. As your gear improves and you reach higher levels of haste and crit your DPS will improved greatly. For the time being, you should gem/enchant/ reforge to the 5237 haste cap and as you get more gear aim further for the 10296 cap.

As for your rotation, the most important thing is to keep a high Nature's Grace uptime, its critical to your damage alongside keeping your DoTs rolling. Since we don't have much more to go off of, thats the best advice i can give you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your character simulates at 34k dps. If your char was properly enchanted, reforged and gemmed, it would simulate at 41k dps. This is over a 7.5 min fight.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Your character simulates at 34k dps. If your char was properly enchanted, reforged and gemmed, it would simulate at 41k dps. This is over a 7.5 min fight.
    Well I've changed my reforging back to the way it was now, with the 5k haste and proper hit caps, but 41k dps with 492 iLvl? That seems awfully low. I've levelled a fair share of alts, and none of them have had *that* low dps on this gear level. Heck, I'm 4 iLvls away from SoO LFRs, how is 40-50k dps supposed to be right for that? :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, there was some weird bug with the simulation, the default profile was casting Healing Touch for half of the time. I removed the action manually, and now your char simulates at 78k dps.

Based purely on the information you've given there isn't much we can help with. The guides around the internet give you a basic understanding of the spec and it's up to you at this stage. Even if you provided logs it's going to be somewhat difficult to tell you exactly what you are doing wrong as Boomkins scale extremely well with gear that it's unlikely we are going to be able to know exactly what sort of uptimes you should be expecting at your gear level.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Sorry, there was some weird bug with the simulation, the default profile was casting Healing Touch for half of the time. I removed the action manually, and now your char simulates at 78k dps.
    Well 78k sounds a bit more reasonable... Just have to find out how to get there then.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Based purely on the information you've given there isn't much we can help with. The guides around the internet give you a basic understanding of the spec and it's up to you at this stage. Even if you provided logs it's going to be somewhat difficult to tell you exactly what you are doing wrong as Boomkins scale extremely well with gear that it's unlikely we are going to be able to know exactly what sort of uptimes you should be expecting at your gear level.
    I see, well thanks in any case At least I know it's not something glaringly obvious that I'm missing, and I've seen how well moonkins scale with gear myself, so that's a comfort... It can only get better, I guess.