Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    "Sorry, full regem-reenchant-reforge every upgrade is so tedious and expensive that I don't bother anymore. And I feel bad."

[IMG]snip[/IMG]
    this is why this site needs like buttons. If you really cared about that you wouldn't bother upgrading/enchanting/gemming/reforging anything that isnt absolute best in slot. And if youre guild requires you to do that to keep your raid spot and you dont like it, youre probably holding them back in other ways.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

If anyone falls through in the contest, I'm ready to go! Driving distance, have the days off already (for the pay per view), and the wife and I have annual passes to Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by Alveia View Post
    Or you can go with the option of giving feedback on something you find not fun? He's right that customization options that were added in for the sake of being fun and giving options have just become extremely tedious over time, mostly because changing one piece of gear affects your rating caps and could mean having to re-gem / reforge literally every single piece of equipment just for a bracer upgrade. Only to do it again next week when you get a new belt.
    Yeah I agree we should obviously do away with gems and reforging because it's too time consuming to run yourself through a website optimizer and click three buttons on an addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightlicious View Post
    They are connecting more realms before they've even fixed what they did last week? They completely blew up Nesingwary and now a week later it still isn't fixed. I'm still missing my level 90s, guilds are still broken, I've had a ticket in for four days now and it has gone unanswered. I haven't been able to play for a week now. Worst of all they've swept the whole thing under the rug, guess they don't want bad press for Blizzcon. I think of myself as a very patient person but this whole fiasco has made me really angry.
    Might well be that they know what happened with Nesingwary, and they know how to make it not happen again, but fixing it after it's happened may well be a manual process and not as simple as an undo button.

Like if I'm making cookies, and I put salt in instead of sugar. I know how to fix that next time (pay more attention, label them properly), but that doesn't mean it's easy to replace all the salt in the cookies I already made with sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Yeah I agree we should obviously do away with gems and reforging because it's too time consuming to run yourself through a website optimizer and click three buttons on an addon.
    You're missing the point, but okay.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just have a question im on the Dreanor server US one and I was wondering if for the next batch the one for Echo Isles and Draenor merge will be the US one or the Europe one?

More telling, reforging, regemming, and upgrading is so unfun that people made an addon so you only had to click three buttons and have it done for you, and people use it. They would vastly prefer hitting three buttons to actually having to go through all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidelsky18 View Post
    I actually agree completely. Especially with the mage class which has a completely different stat priority for each spec (fire wants crit, arcane wants mastery, frost wants haste). So if you want to change specs you have to replace pretty much every gem, enchant, and reforge you have, but this means replacing one piece of gear could completely wreck havoc on your stats such as hit cap and could cause you to need to replace 3-8 gems or more as well as enchants and reforges.

Also why does Aggramar get paired with a realm that has an even lower population V_V our realm is dead.
    Look at classes like shamans, if you're ele and have an enh offspec you need to get a whole set of gear! And you're complaining about having to switch some gems around to use your offspec? Honestly this is just getting sad now. This entitled attitude is becoming sickening, people complaining about bosses not falling over for hitting them once, crying for nerfs,about having too many buttons to push, about having to optimize gear, about all the loot you need not dropping the first fucking week. This is an mmo, it's a time sink. They're literally built upon grinding. It seems a ton of people won't be satisfied till you walk into a raid press one of the two buttons you only have available and the boss drops dead and gives you full BIS that's already gemmed chanted and forged. Then what? Then what are you going to do? You'll come on here asking for that second button to be removed. If you want instant gratification quit this game and go masturbate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    1. Transfer, I did.
    2. If you're too cheap to transfer take the time to level alts as profession mules. Everyone I know has alts with all professions maxed.
    3. Farm. It's insanely easy to make money in this game to afford whatever ridiculous prices the AH is putting up.
    4. Join a guild where you can make friends and they'll help you out with gems and enchants.

Or you can go with the 5th option which I posted a picture of earlier.
    You are the shining example of what is wrong with this community.
    The fact that you QQ about people QQing, and you dont realize it, makes it even funnier.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Some of the Openraid changes that happened are things I asked for ages ago.
    Totally happy about this. Looks like I'll be going back to the site. I couldn't get rep off the chat and that was driving me up the wall.

Hopefully Blizzard goes back to it's roots for PvP.
    I wasn't around for Vanilla but it just seems like the moment they introduced arenas PvP went to absolute crap. Maybe they'll focus on ladders less (not remove it entirely - just less) and return to what MMORPG PvP is/was supposed to be.
    (Large world PvP, grind based rewards that become a hell of a lot easier for skilled players, battlegrounds and faction importance. Ladders just promote people to exploit class imbalances and game mechanics (or worse) so they can get that 1% reward easy or at all.)

Excited to see what comes out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    You are the shining example of what is wrong with this community.
    The fact that you QQ about people QQing, and you dont realize it, makes it even funnier.
    The fact that you QQ about me QQing about others QQing, and you don't realize it, makes it even funnier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drsjohnny View Post
    I just have a question im on the Dreanor server US one and I was wondering if for the next batch the one for Echo Isles and Draenor merge will be the US one or the Europe one?
    I wouldn't think it'd be the EU one, as Draenor-EU is full, with 1500 queues at prime time after a reset.

Quote Originally Posted by sidelsky18 View Post
    I actually agree completely. Especially with the mage class which has a completely different stat priority for each spec (fire wants crit, arcane wants mastery, frost wants haste). So if you want to change specs you have to replace pretty much every gem, enchant, and reforge you have, but this means replacing one piece of gear could completely wreck havoc on your stats such as hit cap and could cause you to need to replace 3-8 gems or more as well as enchants and reforges.

Also why does Aggramar get paired with a realm that has an even lower population V_V our realm is dead.
    As someone already told you, think about Warriors, Paladins, Druids, etc., not only do they have to change reforges and gems, but also complete sets of gear which needs to drop first. Playing a Fury warrior who off-tanks at least once or twice a week, I can tell you if I could get only the expenses of a mage, I would would be in heaven.

That said, it doesn't bother me, it's pretty cheap regardless, if you have to spend 2k on gems & reforges you make that 2k back in 2 days.

i cant belive we have nothing on the next expac, but a 'ify' name , the data mining should be crazy huge right now , this close to blizzcon we should of had a lil somethign, i was surprised at hallows end we saw no hints in masks on a new playable race, honetly a lil worried about next expac, if they do release another something, the thought of leveling to 100 from scratch on something just boggles me , i hope we get an in game store with a huge xp boost thing or something, i have been at this game since beta and i dont know if i got it in me anymore

Quote Originally Posted by erpbridge View Post
    ... whereas advertising in the OpenRaid chatroom for same group I'd wait for a very long time, and creating a post on the OpenRaid scheduler would limit me to the next 15 minute window (and if I didn't have a group by that time, I'd have to reschedule all over... or make the post for longer out and deal with over-booking.) Now if OpenRaid somehow absorbed that ad-hoc in-game scheduling function...
    The QuickRaid function (which has been around since the start) was revamped and relaunched to help with this issue. We're hoping that the changes will ease the formation of PUGs in chat. When you have tested the feature and have any suggestions or problems, Let us know! http://openraid.org/queue#queue_feedback_

So It looks like we will see reforging reworked next xpac, I don't really mind it, transmog costs me more, and I have plenty of gold for it but I know a lot of players poor as shit. - As a warrior building a tanking set, it cost me around the price of 6 full reforges for one tank weapon enchant, if you changed that to dancing steel, it's about the price of 20 full reforges.

Personally, they should just remove hit and expertise caps, or rework them into something else or one stat or something, because that's pretty much the only thing upgrades can screw up otherwise its plain sailing and you just reforge to best secondary stat you can.

They have a good point about PvP, some games will have like two battlegrounds or similar, and thats it, for ever, and it will be a pure pvp game, because the fun is in strat, balance and so on, not having a shiny new area to do the exact same in, we only have a few basic battlegrounds that copy each others concept like capture the flag and first to resources and then a mix of capture the flag and resources etc. I can't say much on the topic as I don't really pvp much, I should get into it...I used to love the 19 twink bracket years ago though, that was fun when you had full twinks vs twinks, felt sorry for the guys in levelling gear coming into a twink battle, they stood no chance.

Subject of xpac, I think we actually might be surprised this year, WoD is nowhere near a confirmation, so I still think it's pretty much open still.

Deleted
    "you can see the evolution that PvP went through until now."

Evolution is certainly not the word I would use to describe PvP, like at all. Devolution would probably be more correct. And just stop being shit devs and seperate mechanics for PvE and PvP already.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxsul View Post
    The connected realms aren't coming fast enough.
    true, and the speed for the European realms is dreadful. At least there are more frequent updates for the US realms. Or so it feels like.

Luckily, it's been Blizzard's philosophy for some time, that when people go to extreme lengths to automatize a process, like addons or macros, then it's probably no good design and should be looked at.

Are these mostly PvP servers that are merging? I would have thought one of the PvE servers I was on was mostly dead, I wonder what the threshold is