The burning crusade...?

The expansion Burning Crusade if I recall, was never truly related to the Burning Legion or the forces Sargeras commands. Other than what happened in a few small places and the events of The Sunwell. I recall the majority of demons within Outland to be under the command of Illidan and the Illidari. Can someone confirm or deny this for me? If my thought process is correct...we never truly had a Burning Legion expansion and that would mean fighting KJ was merely the beginning.

What are smoking? TBC was absolutely related to the Burning Legion and the forces Sargeras commands.

TBC was related to hello kitty island adventure what are you smoking?

The leader of the 'Burning Crusade' on Outland was Doom Lord Kazzak, who ended up being a world boss. There were Legion story arcs sprinkled about, most prominently being that Kael'thas was sort-of in league with the Legion at the time of the Tempest Keep, but he did not really go public with those loyalties until he was resurrected in Magister's Terrace.

The main focus was on the Illidari though, yes. Illidan, Lady Vashj, Kael'thas and Akama. And I guess Warchief Kargath, though he didn't get quite as good a send-off as the others.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Originally BC was based around the Illidari. Until the Legion swooped in and took over the show in SWP, which at the time Blizz even said it was only added because guilds were finishing all the content and Wrath was months away still.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    The leader of the 'Burning Crusade' on Outland was Doom Lord Kazzak, who ended up being a world boss. There were Legion story arcs sprinkled about, most prominently being that Kael'thas was sort-of in league with the Legion at the time of the Tempest Keep, but he did not really go public with those loyalties until he was resurrected in Magister's Terrace.

The main focus was on the Illidari though, yes. Illidan, Lady Vashj, Kael'thas and Akama. And I guess Warchief Kargath, though he didn't get quite as good a send-off as the others.
    A nice response, thank you. I've actually been playing since BC but never understood its story much, other than Illidan was the "big bad wolf" of the expansion and I knew he commanded the Illidari.

With the amount of hype going on for the next expansions announcement, all sorts of things have been running through my head trying to guess what it could be. I Honestly believe it will go down like War of the Ancients...Azshara of course bringing the Burning Legion into Azeroth and attacking every corner she can, she does after all have a strong vantage point...water...and she has Neptulons Trident now. I also believe she would be using the Rift of Aln to do this.

Yeah, we spent the majority of the Burning Crusade fighting Illidan and his forces, who, ironically, were enemies of the Burning Legion themselves.