Poll: Which playable race is the oldest, DO YOU BELIEVE? (Lorewise)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It also goes for Draenei, Pandaren, Tauren, Earthern, Trolls and Mogu for Azeroth.

It also goes for Naaru for other world, elementals for the old golds and even the Ethereal for a other world.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW Magazine says the Tauren were created by a bull Ancient and predate the Titans' arrival on Azeroth. Why don't they have as many votes as Trolls?
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-11-04 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a lesser know piece of lore and you can only vote on one item.

The real anser isnt even in there.

The Kaldorei..

Lorewise, doesn't wow have this MAJOR flaw where pretty much all races are descendants of trolls and night elves?

If you ask me, all races should be equally old. Its a stupid idea that one race is spawned from another. That would mean that race isn't pure and basically rootless bastards.

- - - Updated - - -

edit: Every race except the forsaken i should add. They're the only ones we know came after the others, as they started to exist when humans & scourge used chemical warfare on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    I'd say Draenei are probably the oldest, Orcs could be a good call too since we don't really know much about Draenor Pre-Draenei arrival.
    Orcs lived on draenor and they were born there by my knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Lorewise, doesn't wow have this MAJOR flaw where pretty much all races are descendants of trolls and night elves?

If you ask me, all races should be equally old. Its a stupid idea that one race is spawned from another. That would mean that race isn't pure and basically rootless bastards.

- - - Updated - - -

edit: Every race except the forsaken i should add. They're the only ones we know came after the others, as they started to exist when humans & scourge used chemical warfare on them.
    Scourge = risen dead by the valkyr, or abominations created by necromancers or alchemists

The Draenei are almost certain if Velen has been their leader for approximately 25,000 years. Let me repeat that. Their leader. The current one. Is over 25,000 years old. The Trolls and the Aqir's war is dated approximately 16,000 years ago. If Draenei were already far, far beyond anyone on Azeroth as far as technology goes even 100 years ago, we can assume they'd been around for quite a long time before Velen was even born.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Dranei then Trolls.

Elves evolved from Trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious about Worgen. Are they actually a race? Like if they make babies, would their children be Worgen, regular humans, or feral wolves? Worgen are just humans cursed with a shapeshifted form and druids don't stop being their original race just because they can shapeshift. Does it matter what animal form they are in when they mate?

EDIT: I made a mistake. Worgen are not just humans, they are also NElves.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-11-04 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I'm curious about Worgen. Are they actually a race? Like if they make babies, would their children be Worgen, regular humans, or feral wolves? Worgen are just humans cursed with a shapeshifted form and druids don't stop being their original race just because they can shapeshift. Does it matter what animal form they are in when they mate?
    quick! to the science cave!

Yeah, I have no idea. Classic methods of determining species and sub species go out the window in a world where completely alien beings can interbreed. They shouldn't even be able to digest the same food stuffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Pandaren talk as they where there since the beginning, that they have seens everything that happened to Azeroth, I voted them, but I do not know all the lore :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    The real anser isnt even in there.

The Kaldorei..
    Kaldorei being the night elves being something that's been discussed and answered a tonne of times?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Humans devolved from Vrykul who were titan constructs
    Dwarfs from earthen > same thing
    Orcs are from another planet, as are draenei
    Worgen (as we play) are cursed humans, as are forsaken (sort of)
    Not sure about goblins
    Gnomes are curse of fleshed mechagnomes > titan constructs.
    Tauren are from around the same time as trolls, no known origins I believe

Aside from blood elfs from night elves from trolls is the only real link.

( i probably missed some races, meh )
    Last edited by Rixis; 2013-11-04 at 08:49 PM.

WoW Magazine says the Tauren were created by a bull Ancient and predate the Titans' arrival on Azeroth. Why don't they have as many votes as Trolls?
    Clearly hooves and horns is the natural order of things and everyone else is freaks.

10+ Year Old Account

I think the original worgen were from another plane, something we know little about. Technically alien I suppose, will have to do more reading on the matter myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I think the original worgen were from another plane, something we know little about. Technically alien I suppose, will have to do more reading on the matter myself.
    The original Worgen were NElf druids that invoked the form of Goldrinn to fight the Satyrs. They were unable to control the feral nature of this form and started infecting other NElves. Malfurioin banished them to the Emerald Dream. It is from there that Arugal summoned them to fight the Scourge.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-11-04 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I'm pretty sure the other plane turned out to be the Emerald Dream and the worgen there were night elf druids.

depends on which worgen you mean.

the worgen who are cursed that we play as had their dna changed, they are nolonger human they are worgen, their human "disguise" is just that, a disguise, its not real its an illusion.

however the original worgen are just druids.

since the worgen we play as are a species now that should mean they would have worgen babies, whether or not that baby would be feral or not depends.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    depends on which worgen you mean.

the worgen who are cursed that we play as had their dna changed, they are nolonger human they are worgen, their human "disguise" is just that, a disguise, its not real its an illusion.

however the original worgen are just druids.

since the worgen we play as are a species now that should mean they would have worgen babies, whether or not that baby would be feral or not depends.
    [Two Forms] appears to be more than just an illusion. It's an actual transformation stemming from learning to control the beast.
    Today our ceremony will restore balance to your people.

and

It is time, <name>. This... alchemy that has kept the beast inside you at bay will not last for long.

The first cursed worgen were night elf druids like our new allies. They, however, abandoned the balance that the rest of their kind embraced and allowed the beast to take over their minds.

It is only fitting that their brethren be the ones that deliver us from the Curse. Go, <class>. Drink from the waters of Tal'doren and make peace with yourself.

Talran of the Wild says: Let the Scythe unbind that which was not meant to be bound! Let the soul master the beast, lest the beast master the soul!
    Vassandra Stormclaw says: Just as Daral'nir soothes the cursed druids who gave into the beast and abandoned balance, let Tal'doren soothe <name>.
    Lyros Swiftwind says: Just as Goldrinn's spirit once blessed our druids, let <name> be blessed with the wisdom of his race and the ferocity of the wolf god.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Troll, Tauren, Orcs, Goblins or Draenei.

-Trolls are a pre-"ordering" race (>Atleast 10,000 years.)
    -Tauren are speculated to be a pre-"ordering" race (>Atleast 10,000 years.)
    -Draenei were approached by Sargeras 25,000 years ago
    -Nothing, as of yet, rules out Orcs.
    -Nothing currently rules out Goblins

Let's look at races that have definitely lost:
    -Humans were the offshoot of Vrykul (Which were the offshoot of Iron Vrykul), which were an "ordering" Race
    -Dwarves were the offshoot of Iron Dwarves, which were an "ordering" Race
    -Gnomes were the offshoot of Mecha-gnomes, which were an "ordering" Race
    -Worgen are cursed Humans who were the offshoot of Vrykul (Which were the offshoot of Iron Vrykul), which were an "ordering" Race
    -Night Elves are the descendants of Trolls.
    -Forsaken are dead Humans who were the offshoot of Vrykul (Which were the offshoot of Iron Vrykul), which were an "ordering" Race
    -Blood Elves are offshoots of Night Elves who are the descendants of Trolls.

-Pandaren could go either way, suspected to be related to furbolgs (Whether the predecessor or descendant, we don't know.) If the current theory is true, that they are Furbolgs shaped by the waters of the vale, then they wouldn't be in the "running". However, should the old theory prove true, and Furbolgs are the feral looking descendants of Pandaren, than they may be contenders.

My best guess is that Draenei are the oldest.
    Great post, pretty much sums up the thread

Titan, themselves, could be the oldest race.

There was an evolutionary tree of WoW races on the intertubes, but it was guess-work as well.