Thread: Haste.

Haste.

this has probably been posted here a lot, but i've recently rerolled resto druid to pve.

my guild is pushing heroic progress atm and we 2 heal 10 man with 2 resto druids, the other druid is at the 13k breakpoint, i myself am stacking mastery.

how big of an output increase is the 13k breakpoint? seems i'm out healing him by a lot on most fights, on the last heroic nourshan we did, i came in at 298k hps and i had to soak an orb, this is also with a 550 item level and no legendary. he did around 230k.

his item level is around 560+legendary+breakpoint.

just curious if i should stick with mastery or go for the haste.

Haste will give you more pure throughput but it definitely depends on how you heal and what your role is. If the other Druid is running the 13k breakpoint it may not be worth going for it yourself with a 2 healer setup, as a Mastery heavy build like yours is going to be better for spot healing and tank healing.

Just as a somewhat unrelated tip to increase both of your throughput if you are not already doing it, you can use the Innervate glyph to trade Innervates and get more mana back.

Quote Originally Posted by asiltopbrlol View Post
    this has probably been posted here a lot, but i've recently rerolled resto druid to pve.

my guild is pushing heroic progress atm and we 2 heal 10 man with 2 resto druids, the other druid is at the 13k breakpoint, i myself am stacking mastery.

how big of an output increase is the 13k breakpoint? seems i'm out healing him by a lot on most fights, on the last heroic nourshan we did, i came in at 298k hps and i had to soak an orb, this is also with a 550 item level and no legendary. he did around 230k.

his item level is around 560+legendary+breakpoint.

just curious if i should stick with mastery or go for the haste.
    what source was the hps from? Norushen might not be the fight to check, but iron juggernaught will be though. Or get the hps from both his and yours skada.
    he should outheal you if hes 10 ilvls above you, but I've never seen enough healing on that fight to reach past 280k and that is with a paladin doing 160k.

Also had minor issues on that fight going slightly oom towards the end, so might be that he's going oom too thus reducing his healing a lot, and its a lot rng on the efflorence hits. As you go mastery you might not lose out on as much mana, and can spam more, so the entire throughput will be higher.
    give us some more info to examine. A fight which is not recorded 100% correctly is not a good source. Also is only one fight.

our healers dont go down on that fight, so the skada is accurate.

we had 2 big adds out a lot i guess, i'm interested in trying to go down on the next kill to see how high i can pump my hps.

iron jugg (normal mode, so a lot lower damage out put) i was doing 189k and he did around 145k.

we don't really log so it'd be hard for me to link anything.

the only fights i've seen a huge gap on are malk/nour/heroic protectors (which we 3 heal) he is about even on most other fights.

but on heroic malk i legit did around 299k-302k and he did 170? or something.

i'm thinking i'm just sniping a lot of his heals because of mastery, my average rejuv tick is a lot higher than his, i'm also over healing a lot i guess because i know i won't go oom, i was mainly a pvper for most of my time playing the game so i'm just in the habit of over healing hard.

i don't consider him a bad player or anything, he has the same harmony uptime i do and gems/reforges/has fine uptime on everything.
    Last edited by asiltopbrlol; 2013-11-04 at 01:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asiltopbrlol View Post
    our healers dont go down on that fight, so the skada is accurate.

we had 2 big adds out a lot i guess, i'm interested in trying to go down on the next kill to see how high i can pump my hps.

iron jugg (normal mode, so a lot lower damage out put) i was doing 189k and he did around 145k.

we don't really log so it'd be hard for me to link anything.

the only fights i've seen a huge gap on are malk/nour/heroic protectors (which we 3 heal) he is about even on most other fights.

but on heroic malk i legit did around 299k-302k and he did 170? or something.

i'm thinking i'm just sniping a lot of his heals because of mastery, my average rejuv tick is a lot higher than his, i'm also over healing a lot i guess because i know i won't go oom, i was mainly a pvper for most of my time playing the game so i'm just in the habit of over healing hard.

i don't consider him a bad player or anything, he has the same harmony uptime i do and gems/reforges/has fine uptime on everything.
    Seems to me you are just using to many healers on fights. Norushen really doesnt need 3 healers, and normal jugg certainly not. Then it is just about who gets the low dmg healed up first.

Haste builds have a bit higher sustained HPS while mastery builds have a bit higher on-demand HPS (Tranquility, etc.). Both are useful. If you're running with two resto druids, the ideal is probably to have one using each build.

Note that haste builds will always look better on easy content or when using more healers than are strictly necessary. Landing heals quicker means whoever lands their heals slower looks like they're just overhealing, even if it's just as much the haste player who is actually causing that overhealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Just as a somewhat unrelated tip to increase both of your throughput if you are not already doing it, you can use the Innervate glyph to trade Innervates and get more mana back.
    It's highly debatable if that's actually worth a glyph slot, though. With the Efflorescence glyph being mandatory and Wild Growth and Regrowth highly useful, we don't exactly have major glyph slots to spare. On Garrosh you don't even have that, as you probably want to pick up Fae Silence.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    On Garrosh you don't even have that, as you probably want to pick up Fae Silence.
    Not exactly on topic, but I am curious: Does Fae Silence works for the empowered Mind Control as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    Seems to me you are just using to many healers on fights. Norushen really doesnt need 3 healers, and normal jugg certainly not. Then it is just about who gets the low dmg healed up first.
    we 2 heal everything.

Log a fight and post it here, you can do it your self. We won't ever truly know whats going on till you show us some logs.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Log a fight and post it here, you can do it your self. We won't ever truly know whats going on till you show us some logs.

i've not really asking WHY i'm out healing, i know why it's happening i was just curious if both druids at the 13k hbp was a good idea.

There's going to be nothing suddenly bad about having both Druids at the 13k breakpoint and we can't really tell you much since we aren't in your raid group so we have no idea how anything goes. Try it out and see if you like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have one running the 13k and the other having high Mastery. The variety could be interesting also the fact one will be better at the tank healing leaving the other on the raid. Nourshen doesn't show logs accurately (i dont think) due to people going in the orbs.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Linorm View Post
    Not exactly on topic, but I am curious: Does Fae Silence works for the empowered Mind Control as well?
    Yes. It won't silence once the mind control is empowered, but it does still interrupt casts in progress. Using it is rather clumsy as it costs you two GCDs to use (bear + faerie), but having an extra ranged interrupt on the fight is more useful than the little bit more healing you get from Glyph of Regrowth. There's obviously no point in getting something like Glyph of Stampede, as people get teleported together any time you'd want to use Stampede anyway, so you're not sacrificing much to get the interrupt.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Yes. It won't silence once the mind control is empowered, but it does still interrupt casts in progress. Using it is rather clumsy as it costs you two GCDs to use (bear + faerie), but having an extra ranged interrupt on the fight is more useful than the little bit more healing you get from Glyph of Regrowth. There's obviously no point in getting something like Glyph of Stampede, as people get teleported together any time you'd want to use Stampede anyway, so you're not sacrificing much to get the interrupt.
    I did not know that - thank you for this information, this should make our Garrosh kills a bit smoother, especially since we are sometimes very short on melees (and therefore interrupts with a short cooldown).