Looking to finally upgrade my comp, what should i look out for?

So i bought my gaming computer 2-3 years ago and so far i am still pretty happy with it. I most likely over spent however i knew very little about computer and what to get. I am going to be getting a new graphics card, the nvidia 760 seems like a good deal for $250, and mine atm is only a gforce 460. Do i have to buy an asus nvidia to go with my motherboard or can i buy any 760? Also i have only 4g of ram should i bump it up to 8g?

And lastly besides graphics card and ram what else do most people upgrade? Currently i have an i5 with 3.3g. Still kind of a noob to computer parts but would like to start upgrading mine.

Also at what point do you scrap your pc and just build a complete new one? Or do you never really do this.

You can buy any 760 you want, brand(evga, asus, msi) doesn't matter at all in terms of compatibility.

You can go from 4gb to 8gb of ram if you have the money and think you need it, but it won't make a gigantic difference.

If you want a new cpu you're most likely going to have to get a new motherboard as it'll probably need a different socket.

I don't know what you play and how your computer handles it, so I can't really say much.