Thread: Flex raiding

10+ Year Old Account

Flex raiding

So, I'm on the brink of dying from boredom and have a strong urge to come back to WoW, the Legion likely being the new expac has somehow gave me that urge.

I was previously only PvPing and therefore I was burnt out fairly quickly resulting in the break I'm taking now. With the possibility to do arenas cross realm and the implement of flex raiding, I am legitimately interested in trying flex out.

My question is how is it working? Is the feature working as planned and not filled with bugs or some ways to cheese the system or something? I really miss raiding, but my job makes it hard for me to join a guild and I don't really have the interest anyway. That is why flex appeals to me so much, not to mention I can do it with some real id friends and we don't have to get x amount of people.

Also, how easy is it to gear up and what are the best ways?

Thanks for future replies :>

Deleted
    Flexi is really good, not sure what kind of bugs/cheese your are expecting seems to work fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    So, I'm on the brink of dying from boredom and have a strong urge to come back to WoW, the Legion likely being the new expac has somehow gave me that urge.

I was previously only PvPing and therefore I was burnt out fairly quickly resulting in the break I'm taking now. With the possibility to do arenas cross realm and the implement of flex raiding, I am legitimately interested in trying flex out.

My question is how is it working? Is the feature working as planned and not filled with bugs or some ways to cheese the system or something? I really miss raiding, but my job makes it hard for me to join a guild and I don't really have the interest anyway. That is why flex appeals to me so much, not to mention I can do it with some real id friends and we don't have to get x amount of people.

Also, how easy is it to gear up and what are the best ways?

Thanks for future replies :>
    All I can say is flex turned out better that I expected. Imo is fantastic and it reminds me of wotlk raids, you can now pug like you use to be able. but obviously as you get to the last 3 bosses it gives the right level of difficulty and it is a progressive challenge overall!

Flex is kind of what LFR should have been. It provides a decent challenge (read: you can wipe if people aren't doing their job) but no so difficult that there is a large barrier to entry. Like you I cannot commit to a structured raid schedule but flex has taken care of that for me. Enough of a challenge to be fun and simple enough to get into that you can do it basically anytime you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do any of you use openraid for flex or do you play with people you already know? If so, what are your experiences with openraid?

Do any of you use openraid for flex or do you play with people you already know? If so, what are your experiences with openraid?
    I have used OpenRaid for finding Flex groups, and as long as you're willing to learn the fights (ie: wipe a few times) you'll have a good experience. Of course there are always chances of ending up in a bad group, but overall my experience has been very positive (better than LFR and better than PuG groups back in Wrath). I found a few good groups and kept its leaders on my BattleTag friends and if they run Flex the same time each week, I run with them again since I know I enjoy running with them.

While I havent used Openraid specifically, I use oQueue which is the same as openraid but its an addon for in game and you can search through pugs in real time as people post groups and such. Both are quite useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pozix View Post
    While I havent used Openraid specifically, I use oQueue which is the same as openraid but its an addon for in game and you can search through pugs in real time as people post groups and such. Both are quite useful.
    Thanks for that, I'll try them both.

Any replies on gearing up?

Thanks for that, I'll try them both.

Any replies on gearing up?
    Timeless isle drops ilvl 496 gear like confetti, with a rarer items that let you upgrade it to 435. Other than that it's heroic scenarios and LFR.