Poll: Which is more likely to be the next expansion?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Honestly I'm about 90% sure it's not The Dark Below, but Warlords of Draenor is a toss up. Feels like Hearthstone.

I absolutely dislike how "Warlords of Draenor" sounds like as a WoW expansion. And I dislike what it would mean, too. So rather have The Dark Below, and smack some N'zoth/Azshara ass

Personally, Warlords of Draenor sounds far more fitting for something like Hearthstone (planning ahead much?) or even something different altogether. Let's go for something far-fetched as hell - does anyone remember the cancelled "Lord of the Clans"? xD

Well, both titles sounds horrible for an expansion, I like demons and that shiz more than naga / underwater stuff.
    But IIRC, Wrathion already said that the Burning Legion is coming didn't he? he just didn't say when and i don't know how much we should be relying on in-game "lore" / conversations, but i'd like to belive he's telling the truth.

However, WoD does sound very good for a Warcraft expansion(not WoW), but in the Trade Mark application for WoD it does say Class 9 and 41.
    Class 9 --> downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handhel computers and tablet PC's, Which makes it sounds more like Hearthstone, and not WoW or WC.

Personally i'm hoping that i's neither WoD or TDB (as expansion title), i'm however still hoping for a burning legion based expansion and neither Orcs, Naga or Old Gods.
    Last edited by Dyminator; 2013-11-05 at 06:45 AM. Reason: typo
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm voting for neither, because we have no facts supporting either at this point. And I don't mean "facts" like, "But it's trademarked!" and "Boub taking it down was suspicious! What about Ozumat?!", but genuine facts like us seeing what the damn thing is going to be on the stage this Friday.

So no, we don't have a god damn clue. I would love either idea, but I vote for neither.

EDIT: Shit... I just saw Boub's tweet. I know there's no facts yet, but... it's Boub! I guess I vote for WoD.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2013-11-05 at 12:51 AM.

I'm reading all the doubt and laughing as I recall all of the people who swore Mists of Pandaria was nothing but a hoax too

Gheld here (The guy who first corroborated WoD). I'm picking this thread to announce that I am retracting my five sigma certainty on WoD as the next xpac.

I'm going to say 75% WoD and 25% something else.

The problem I have with WoD are that pesky 41 (nice classification) which essentially means that Blizzard plans to provide an electronic service under the same name as well. It also doesn't feel right of how telegraphed the whole thing is.

Pretty much from the get go in patch 5.4 the matching details to the eventual leak have fallen right into our lap. Corroborating it was absurdly easy. And here we are, cheering and celebrating that a week before blizzcon we've 'broken the code' and have speculated every possible angle the next xpax could cover.

We have never ever been so sure about the next xpac.

So yay team work? Or are we being played?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Gheld here (The guy who first corroborated WoD). I'm picking this thread to announce that I am retracting my five sigma certainty on WoD as the next xpac.

I'm going to say 75% WoD and 25% something else.

The problem I have with WoD are that pesky 41 (nice classification) which essentially means that Blizzard plans to provide an electronic service under the same name as well. It also doesn't feel right of how telegraphed the whole thing is.

Pretty much from the get go in patch 5.4 the matching details to the eventual leak have fallen right into our lap. Corroborating it was absurdly easy. And here we are, cheering and celebrating that a week before blizzcon we've 'broken the code' and have speculated every possible angle the next xpax could cover.

We have never ever been so sure about the next xpac.

So yay team work? Or are we being played?
    I think your getting played honestly, that trademark is way to similar to Heroes of the Storm & Blizzard All-Stars.

It's not getting renamed - http://i.imgur.com/Kbxrf5b.jpg they got a banner for it now.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-05 at 01:20 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    I think your getting played honestly.
    Well notice I'm still giving WoD my vote. But I'm not going all in on it anymore. There's just something that doesn't feel right about this whole situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor because of 2 simple reasons:
    1. I want it to be.
    2. Boub said he "there's a difference between calling it an expansion and a trademark"

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I vote for dark below. I don't believe it's the next expansion, but I sure as hell wish it was
    Right there with ya. Warlords of Draenor has too much implications for time warping crap and that just sounds crappy.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Omg! All of this speculation and conjecture is just that. None of us plain Jaines will know for certain what will happen until Blizzcon unless you're a Blizz employee and you would be risking your job sharing even a portion of information. Just wait until Friday people!

Unless someone has solid proof other than trademark wording, no ones theory is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyminator View Post
    However, WoD does sound very good for a Warcraft expansion(not WoW), but in the Trade Mark application for WoD it does say Class 9 and 14.
    Class 9 --> downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handhel computers and tablet PC's, Which makes it sounds more like Hearthstone, and not WoW or WC.
    Because playing WoW or WC on a laptop would be insane.

WoW: Path of the Titans
    covers everything, Legion, Old God, Naruu/Draenie, Turalyon/Alleria, Army of Light, Demon Hunter
    the Legion returns, the Naruu call out for the Titans, and N'zoth makes its move
    Wrathion rez's Illidian to bring in Demon Hunters, aligns with Infinite Flight
    New Races: Ethereal for Alliance, Ogre for Horde
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Warlords of Draenor is just a bad name, as as proven by MOP Blizzard is more than willing to use bad names. I'm still hoping it's a Hearthstone booster pack or expansion.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-11-05 at 02:17 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Warlords of Draenor is just a bad name, as as proven by MOP Blizzard is more than willing to use bad names. I'm still hoping it's a Hearthstone booster pack or expansion.
    And here I was finally hoping for World of Warcraft: Fluffy Love and Hugs.

Come up with some better names if this one is 'bad', if it's even real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as an FYI.

In the last few minutes, "Warlords of Draenor" was added to the European trademark database. The application date was today's (yesterday now in Europe) date of 11/4/2013. Pop over to tmview.europa.eu Search and enter as the search term:

tm:"WARLORDS OF DRAENOR"

To find the item and view it. It looks like their nightly indexing process is incomplete so things are reference markers but I imagine the full data will populate shortly.

Looks real, I reckon. So that makes NZ and AU on Friday and EU today. I don't see it in the US database yet but the US says there can be a 4-5 day lag before it appears online, while the EU says they update nightly.
    Last edited by goblingirl; 2013-11-05 at 03:32 AM.

Look what happened to WoW when they went off the lore that everyone is familiar with. They're going to go back to original WoW / TBC times with the next expansion...and I bet the expansion after that will be a WOTLK style expansion.

People want that old lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyria View Post
    Because playing WoW or WC on a laptop would be insane.
    Laptops no, but mobile and cellular phones, handheld computers and tablet PC's yes.
    Last edited by Dyminator; 2013-11-05 at 06:43 AM.
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

Blizzard is probably sitting back laughing at all this speculation. I think they put out The Dark Below & Warlords of Draenor on purpose to take the heat off what they are really doing. The next xpac is probably something completely different to both of these If it ends up being TDB or WoD, I'd be happy though.

Deleted
    My signature