Exclamation New Expansion Names were Trademarked over a Year ago.

All Blizzard expansion names were NEVER trademarked within 8 months of their announcement at Blizzcon. Every single expansion name was trademarked approximately a year or more before it was announced. WotLK was TMed immedietly after WC:3 FT, Cata was TMed half way through WotLK, and MoP was TMed right before Dragon Soul. Stop believing that every time Blizzard TMs a new name now is going to be the next expansion, because it was probably TMed months ago, during MoP and before 5.4.

Blizzard isn't stupid enough to TM the next expansion's name right before Blizzcon. If they did, I'd guarentee you that at least 40% of everyone who's going to Blizzcon now wouldn't, because everyone would pretty much know what to expac from Blizzard's flagship enterprise.

Deleted
    WotLK was TMed immedietly after WC:3 FT
    wat? no it wasn't

Deleted
    It's the Dark Below.

Pretty sure MOP was trademarked the summer before the blizzcon announcement.. sooo yea that was only a couple months before

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    All Blizzard expansion names were NEVER trademarked within 8 months of their announcement at Blizzcon. Every single expansion name was trademarked approximately a year or more before it was announced. WotLK was TMed immedietly after WC:3 FT, Cata was TMed half way through WotLK, and MoP was TMed right before Dragon Soul. Stop believing that every time Blizzard TMs a new name now is going to be the next expansion, because it was probably TMed months ago, during MoP and before 5.4.

Blizzard isn't stupid enough to TM the next expansion's name right before Blizzcon. If they did, I'd guarentee you that at least 40% of everyone who's going to Blizzcon now wouldn't, because everyone would pretty much know what to expac from Blizzard's flagship enterprise.
    Wrath was trademarked a week before blizzcon.

I wasn't aware 40% of the people who go to blizzcon do it just for the new expansion announcement. Also, must be nice knowing 40% of the people who go to blizzcon well enough to know their reasons for going.

You got sources for those claims OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're saying simply knowing the title of the next expansion informs us of every detail of it? I'm not sure that would be an accurate assumption, and I don't think thousands of people would cancel their flights and rip up their Blizzcon tickets simply because they think they know the title of the next expansion.

All Blizzard expansion names were NEVER trademarked within 8 months of their announcement at Blizzcon. Every single expansion name was trademarked approximately a year or more before it was announced.
    And then...

WotLK was TMed immedietly after WC:3 FT, Cata was TMed half way through WotLK, and MoP was TMed right before Dragon Soul.
    So... you weren't great in math class, were you?

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    So... you weren't great in math class, were you?
    Didn't you hear? Dragon Soul came out a year before Blizzcon '11, before Firelands.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

What's the point of this what op is false and has been proven false

Wrath of the Lich King was trademarked on July 28th, 2007. It was announced at Blizzcon on August 3rd, 2007.

So...guess the OP will apologize for spreading misinformation?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see some proof to your statements. The only one I know is that MoP was TMed a couple months ahead, but don't know about the others. From what I heard, Wotlk was TMed only a couple days before Blizzcon and as far as I'm aware, that Blizzcon was still succesful.

Quote Originally Posted by Idolatry View Post
    Wrath of the Lich King was trademarked on July 28th, 2007. It was announced at Blizzcon on August 3rd, 2007.

So...guess the OP will apologize for spreading misinformation?

Yea most trademark are very close to announcement

- - - Updated - - -

And people go to blizzcon to see there friends to try the new games and they go to see what blizz is working on.
    For me I love knowing the name before it's announced it gets me going makes me wanna watch blizzcon cause I can't travel there so.

This type of topic caused me to make an account. OP is fag.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-11-04 at 12:36 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Um.... that's total bullshit.

Wrath was trademarked a week before it was revealed IIRC, so WoD was trademarked at the right time assuming Blizz is printing all the posters and stage props for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfomania View Post
    This type of topic caused me to make an account. OP is fag.
    Although I disapprove of the language, I do agree the OP is an idiot.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)