Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    9,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    If Blizzard woul never introducted LFR nobady would ever compplain and WoW could have still 10m players.
    If Blizz never introduced LFR, raiding would have continued to look like Dragon Soul every tier due to the slashed budget and all the new art assets would have gone to accessible 5-mans, which would get their own tier approach a la Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm. I'd be down with that, sure.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  2. #202
    Pit Lord MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,498
    few things

    1) Questing.

    If you wanted to see how bad questing used to be compared to now....go to outland. nuff said. Maybe it is not difficult as it used to be and quicker...but we also have almost a full set of BoA's and 25 more levels above what you used to be in vanila. Also questing SEEMED longer because you had a "wtf am I supposed to do now?" and go read on sites where now you are pointed in general area. Honestly if you take off all BoA's and bother to READ the quest text the story has gotten a hell of a lot better and since re-vamp in Cataclysm there are few quests that are very memorable (Questgiver quest and The day Deathwing came)...I don't remember very memorable quests in vanila except AQ stuff. Vanila was an endless grind fest. Think Shao Hao rep on Timeless island...but for everything.

    2) Dungeons.

    Yes they were harder and longer but again the difficulty was due to fact we had no BoA's to speak of. Compare the Damage/Healing output to a toon with and without and Dungeons just got a lot harder and longer. Length of time was also because you sat in trade "LFM for RFK need tank and heals" for 2h then had to fly/run there to summon have someone go afk/DC mid instance hearth to trade and repeat the process for 5h till you get the blue ring to replace the copper one you bought from ah/crafted it after 20min of farming ores.

    CM were designed to give you a challenge. If you friends/guilds don't want that there is OQ and Openraid. Regular LFG is a break in questing and lore bits. Not meant to pose a level of difficulty

    I agree that there should be a level of difficulty that you can scale if you are doing it with friends (kind of like Monster Power in D3) that could give more VP/JP more loot etc that is not just a timed run of CM but time will tell if we see something like that.

    3)Personally I prefer hitting 90 and getting a set of epics that would allow me to run current content of LFR (a system like the gear you get from Timeless Island)

    If I want my alt to raid I don't want to waste time running previous tiers to catch up to LFR of current content to run that for weeks to get gear so i can be of use in my alt runs on normal. It goes back to the point of vanila being a grindf est and artificial gateways in BC raiding. No I don't want my fresh 90 to take a month to even attempt current shit. Not everyone wants to/capable of getting carried in normals to gear me out (unless they desperately need it) I think catch up system like Timeless Island is a godsend for alts.

    4) Personally I love what the game has become and I will continue to play untill I stop having fun. Before things seemed harder due to the time you had to put in not because it was actually required skill.

    This game has been out for 8 years....it is only natural that some people get tired of playing the same game for that long and there is only so much that can be done to keep people interested in it. WoW isn't dying...some people's interest in it is...and that is fine. Play other games that make you happy and where you have fun. After all that is what games are about. There is no point in trying to get wow to change with "back in my day" stuff because it will continue to evolve whether you like it or not. Back in my day I had a 128 MB hard drive and saved my Word Docs on a 3.5inch floppy disk. Fact that I had to wait for my PC to display "It is now safe to turn off your PC" did not make it a better PC than what I am using atm. Things change , people grow up and move on. If you are not having fun OP look for something where you would

    The game is not perfect but it is sure as hell a lot better than it ever was...by a mile and for a lot of people. If you are not one of them then the problem is your perception and not the game itself. I'm not saying your opinion is not valid ...just different from others who enjoy this game.

    My suggestion is to take a break, play something else. We'll leave a light on for you if you decide to come back. I"m having fun in WoW and will stick with it untill I won't be

    That is my $0.02

    Cheers
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well then..like..play another game?

    It is not like WoW is an endagered species that everybody loves, like the Panda and goes out of their way to protect it. It you find the game so horrible..play sth else. There certainly must be some MMO out there who presses all your buttons.
    But he once was willing to pay them around 15 dollars a month to play their game so now they owe him a great game that he will enjoy more and more until the day he dies.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by newlineGet View Post
    It's not grind. Manageable chunks. And I can avoid most of your steps regarding gear via LFR -> normals.
    And you have to grind LFR unless you just get unbelievable lucky on drops. Your argument still stands flawed. You don't even have to run LFR, you can grind VP and JP if you wanted and go directly to flex or something.

    There's plenty of grinding still here in the game, you're just looking for small pieces to bitch and complain about.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-11-04 at 02:45 PM.

  5. #205
    Field Marshal Heffladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Uppsala
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawati View Post
    I don't know, I think the game feels a lot better than it did during both WotLK and Cataclysm. The game is still too quick and dirty, but it feels a lot less... Confused? Like the devs actually has a plan and general idea of what they want to do, rather than the little bit of everything mess we had in the past two expansions.

    We still have a long way to go to reclaim the glory of old, but I'd say that MoP is a solid step in the right direction. I feel positive about blizzcon, and excited that Rob Pardo is back.
    I guess you're right, but I mean, that was one of the things that had me excited. I think it being predictable is just plainly boring. I love surprises. Usually games tend to get more boring when they get more safe about how to do stuff.
    Why are you reading this?

  6. #206
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I agree with OP on everything. The game just gets worse and worse the more blizz caters to casuals.
    You still could have had your shot at
    -World First heroic kills
    -at least realm first kills
    -special titles that are rewarded for realms fastest CM clears

    The game caters to everyone. I think that is your problem, you want a game that 8 million play only tailored to your whim.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornstyle View Post
    In terms of Subscriber's Population, yes. In terms of content gameplay e.t.c., No.
    one is fact and the other is opinion. imho it´s still the best mmo out there by far

  8. #208
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    If Blizzard woul never introducted LFR nobady would ever compplain and WoW could have still 10m players.
    ICC with a 30% buff and ppl in 25 man gear WAS the equivalent of LFR and subs were highest then. But in WotLk ppl were too busy bitching about LFD and how that ruined the game.

    But, hey..since you apparently have a crystal ball there - use it and predict the next x-pac.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  9. #209
    Completely agree with you.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If you make a thread saying that the game is awful because casuals aren't getting enough attention, you get heads nodding in agreement, and well something needs to be done before more folks leave, Blizz.
    Problem is, casuals aren't getting enough attention.

    Do you think every new player would enjoy starting game and have a feeling of being brutally pushed towards raiding as if there is nothing else to the game? Everything was sacrificed for the sake of raids - leveling, dungeoning, etc. Game eroded into "half-afk your way to max level", then raiding (starting from LFR) is THE only way to move anywhere. Developers are so much focused on arcade PvE arena (aka raids, I can't even call raids as dungeons as they lack proper layout and elements of exploration, not even speaking of anything else - they are just that: glorified arenas), they pretty much destroyed anything outside it.

    People keep writing this because they want that Blizzard would finally listen to their common sense and return WoW back to "Game" status instead of "Arcade PvE Arena".
    Yes we all play the same games we've been playing for several years. We never get bored with something. We never get burnt out. I'm sure we all still play with our original <insert gaming console or old computer game> on a daily basis, because, you know, we don't get bored so therefore we must play those.
    I still regularly play Might and Magic games (RPG, not TBS ones) and some other old games. Games which aren't focused around pushing you to endgame as fast as it is possible. Game, which pushes its players towards its "endgame" at expense of everything else, can hardly be called as game.

    I honestly hope that Blizzcon will show that WoW still can get out of that hole, where it is now, probably with help of Rob Pardo. I hope they will show us all their big guns. Because otherwise people won't buy Cata #3 expansion.

  11. #211
    Great post. I fully agree with you!
    I played WoW since release and got around 1200 /played, which is pretty much (and nerdy, I know).
    Just as you have stated, I spent most of them from Vanilla until Wotlk. Even though the game became much easier with WotLK, I still had some fun.
    Cataclysm just changed the game too much. It went in a horrible direction.

    WoW is completely dumbed down. The 4 difficulty levels LFR, Normal, Flex and Heroic are just completely retarded. There should, like in classic, only be one difficulty level for raids. Questing is designed to be no fun at all since it's completely linear. Classes are no longer unique. Every class feels the same.

    Therefore, and because of many other reasons (which are obvious and have already been listed) i finally cancelled my subscription for my 3 accounts after 8 years.

    To those who say it's nostalgia... it's not. I started playing with some friends on a private classic realm (completely blizzlike / 1.12) and we enjoy the game as much as we did 8 years ago. No rosa glasses here.
    The whole game is just so much harder. If you don't travel around whole Azeroth you will simply run out of quests.
    Even though the raids are easier (due to not that much mechanics), they require MUCH MORE dedication to the game. It's like in real life. If you want something, work for it.

    Complaining about balance, difficulty etc in vanilla/tbc is plain stupid. Just see how the subscriber number went down from tbc to mop. GG blizz!


    If you want to know any information regarding the classic realm, pm me.

  12. #212
    Sorry, I don't believe in your biased "honesty". I believe in facts and figures.

    A game that has 8 million subscribers cannot "honestly" be horrible. what's "horrible" is its playerbase and fanbase.

  13. #213
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    480
    Game is meaningless, lame and boring outside of raids (normal/heroic)

    why

    all content is mash key mash button no brain, not even rub 2 brain cells together

    in an MMOrpg

    the game is

    SOLOcraft

    scenarios
    dungeons
    quests
    transmog
    old raids
    mount farm

    LOL, dat difficulty. Its more chore to get VP than it was in BC to do heroics

  14. #214
    game that has 8 million subscribers cannot "honestly" be horrible. what's "horrible" is its playerbase and fanbase.
    http://wowsnatch.com/wp-content/plug...%2Byounkin.jpg

    Just check the link. It's more than obvious how Cata/Mop destroyed the game.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by newlineGet View Post
    I am not trying to imply that the game is for everyone, or will fit everyones needs. It just seems that people are more dissatisfied with the game than ever before, and possibly for legitamate reasons reasons at that. I'm just expressing my feelings towards the game that I love current state and how it might impact future gamers, games. I mean, the reasons behind the "unsubscribe until new patch comes out" is pretty plain obvious and so far to everyone that I've spoken has the unsubscribe or sit in stormwind/ogrimmar feeling more often than before. And no, it's not cause of burn out.

    I get how ya feel. To be honest I am not currently playing WoW atm either. I think the reason WoW is in the state that its in is a combination of pretty much everything. For some people its to easy, for others it probably feels stale. There are so many other choices out there now that were not there so many years go. But no matter how you look at it, they are still supremely successful and still Number 1 subscription based MMO. The fact that they are doing so well with so much competition actually says a lot about the game.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyshaman View Post
    To those who say it's nostalgia... it's not. I started playing with some friends on a private classic realm (completely blizzlike / 1.12) and we enjoy the game as much as we did 8 years ago. No rosa glasses here..
    Highly doubt that you could have fun doing the same content over and over for over 8 years with no change or improvement... unless you didn't start playing wow until a much later date.

    Just see how the subscriber number went down from tbc to mop. GG blizz!
    Actually it didn't start to go down until the end of wrath to Cata when they tried to make content harder. They actually got an increase in subs from BC to wrath when they started to make leveling, raiding, 5 mans etc easier.

    There should, like in classic, only be one difficulty level for raids.
    That would most likely get a major sub decrease with that idea. I enjoy my heroic content while "casuals" can enjoy their flex content. Everyone is happy.

    Cataclysm just changed the game too much. It went in a horrible direction.
    Cataclysm, as stated above, tried to make the game harder in terms of raiding and 5 man content but it misfired.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I still regularly play Might and Magic games (RPG, not TBS ones) and some other old games. Games which aren't focused around pushing you to endgame as fast as it is possible. Game, which pushes its players towards its "endgame" at expense of everything else, can hardly be called as game.

    I honestly hope that Blizzcon will show that WoW still can get out of that hole, where it is now, probably with help of Rob Pardo. I hope they will show us all their big guns. Because otherwise people won't buy Cata #3 expansion.
    If you think that the game pushes people towards raiding then you are obviously clueless. The only thing that is in a hole are peoples heads.

  18. #218
    Hi Blizzard Fanboy @ Orcindauh <3

    Post constructively please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-11-04 at 03:16 PM.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyshaman View Post
    http://wowsnatch.com/wp-content/plug...%2Byounkin.jpg

    Just check the link. It's more than obvious how Cata/Mop destroyed the game.

    OR ya know an old game is showing its age =P Market Saturation+High Churn. It's what 80-90 dollars to start in MoP+subscription. Kind of steep to try something out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Laurellin - Deathknight

  20. #220
    Well, I guess I can't agree. I don't think being forced to spend more time grinding crap you don't want to do in the first place is a good thing. They made leveling easier because most people don't care about it and just want to get to end game. Besides, it already takes forever as it is, difficulty aside. There's no need to make it even less appealing to have alts. As far as the progression system goes, they've made different raid difficulties to get more people to participate, and it worked. Raiders don't like to admit it, but it's never been that popular. Most people simply don't enjoy the hassles of organized raiding, and would rather queue on their own time with or without friends. If you don't want to miss the magic or whatever of doing a new raid on normal or heroic for the first time, then don't use raid finder. It's quite simple. I agree that the game could use some more small dungeons though, able to be queued for of course. And on the subject of the game slowly dying, I think it's simply age. Nothing lasts forever.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2013-11-04 at 03:11 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •