Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Great post. I fully agree with you!
    I played WoW since release and got around 1200 /played, which is pretty much (and nerdy, I know).
    Just as you have stated, I spent most of them from Vanilla until Wotlk. Even though the game became much easier with WotLK, I still had some fun.
    Cataclysm just changed the game too much. It went in a horrible direction.

WoW is completely dumbed down. The 4 difficulty levels LFR, Normal, Flex and Heroic are just completely retarded. There should, like in classic, only be one difficulty level for raids. Questing is designed to be no fun at all since it's completely linear. Classes are no longer unique. Every class feels the same.

Therefore, and because of many other reasons (which are obvious and have already been listed) i finally cancelled my subscription for my 3 accounts after 8 years.

To those who say it's nostalgia... it's not. I started playing with some friends on a private classic realm (completely blizzlike / 1.12) and we enjoy the game as much as we did 8 years ago. No rosa glasses here.
    The whole game is just so much harder. If you don't travel around whole Azeroth you will simply run out of quests.
    Even though the raids are easier (due to not that much mechanics), they require MUCH MORE dedication to the game. It's like in real life. If you want something, work for it.

Complaining about balance, difficulty etc in vanilla/tbc is plain stupid. Just see how the subscriber number went down from tbc to mop. GG blizz!

If you want to know any information regarding the classic realm, pm me.

Sorry, I don't believe in your biased "honesty". I believe in facts and figures.

A game that has 8 million subscribers cannot "honestly" be horrible. what's "horrible" is its playerbase and fanbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game is meaningless, lame and boring outside of raids (normal/heroic)

why

all content is mash key mash button no brain, not even rub 2 brain cells together

in an MMOrpg

the game is

SOLOcraft

scenarios
    dungeons
    quests
    transmog
    old raids
    mount farm

LOL, dat difficulty. Its more chore to get VP than it was in BC to do heroics

game that has 8 million subscribers cannot "honestly" be horrible. what's "horrible" is its playerbase and fanbase.
    http://wowsnatch.com/wp-content/plug...%2Byounkin.jpg

Just check the link. It's more than obvious how Cata/Mop destroyed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by newlineGet View Post
    I am not trying to imply that the game is for everyone, or will fit everyones needs. It just seems that people are more dissatisfied with the game than ever before, and possibly for legitamate reasons reasons at that. I'm just expressing my feelings towards the game that I love current state and how it might impact future gamers, games. I mean, the reasons behind the "unsubscribe until new patch comes out" is pretty plain obvious and so far to everyone that I've spoken has the unsubscribe or sit in stormwind/ogrimmar feeling more often than before. And no, it's not cause of burn out.

I get how ya feel. To be honest I am not currently playing WoW atm either. I think the reason WoW is in the state that its in is a combination of pretty much everything. For some people its to easy, for others it probably feels stale. There are so many other choices out there now that were not there so many years go. But no matter how you look at it, they are still supremely successful and still Number 1 subscription based MMO. The fact that they are doing so well with so much competition actually says a lot about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyshaman View Post
    To those who say it's nostalgia... it's not. I started playing with some friends on a private classic realm (completely blizzlike / 1.12) and we enjoy the game as much as we did 8 years ago. No rosa glasses here..
    Highly doubt that you could have fun doing the same content over and over for over 8 years with no change or improvement... unless you didn't start playing wow until a much later date.

Just see how the subscriber number went down from tbc to mop. GG blizz!
    Actually it didn't start to go down until the end of wrath to Cata when they tried to make content harder. They actually got an increase in subs from BC to wrath when they started to make leveling, raiding, 5 mans etc easier.

There should, like in classic, only be one difficulty level for raids.
    That would most likely get a major sub decrease with that idea. I enjoy my heroic content while "casuals" can enjoy their flex content. Everyone is happy.

Cataclysm just changed the game too much. It went in a horrible direction.
    Cataclysm, as stated above, tried to make the game harder in terms of raiding and 5 man content but it misfired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I still regularly play Might and Magic games (RPG, not TBS ones) and some other old games. Games which aren't focused around pushing you to endgame as fast as it is possible. Game, which pushes its players towards its "endgame" at expense of everything else, can hardly be called as game.

I honestly hope that Blizzcon will show that WoW still can get out of that hole, where it is now, probably with help of Rob Pardo. I hope they will show us all their big guns. Because otherwise people won't buy Cata #3 expansion.
    If you think that the game pushes people towards raiding then you are obviously clueless. The only thing that is in a hole are peoples heads.

Hi Blizzard Fanboy @ Orcindauh <3

Post constructively please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-11-04 at 03:16 PM.

OR ya know an old game is showing its age =P Market Saturation+High Churn. It's what 80-90 dollars to start in MoP+subscription. Kind of steep to try something out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Well, I guess I can't agree. I don't think being forced to spend more time grinding crap you don't want to do in the first place is a good thing. They made leveling easier because most people don't care about it and just want to get to end game. Besides, it already takes forever as it is, difficulty aside. There's no need to make it even less appealing to have alts. As far as the progression system goes, they've made different raid difficulties to get more people to participate, and it worked. Raiders don't like to admit it, but it's never been that popular. Most people simply don't enjoy the hassles of organized raiding, and would rather queue on their own time with or without friends. If you don't want to miss the magic or whatever of doing a new raid on normal or heroic for the first time, then don't use raid finder. It's quite simple. I agree that the game could use some more small dungeons though, able to be queued for of course. And on the subject of the game slowly dying, I think it's simply age. Nothing lasts forever.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2013-11-04 at 03:11 PM.

Hi Blizzard Fanboy @ Orcindauh <3
    Fanboy? not even close but good way to show that you have nothing left to back up your pathetic argument.

Deleted
    I agree
    I rather look for a group and ride To the destination than Do the dungeon it 3 times in the same time
    Less burnout

Last I checked, I never once tried to compare MoP to any other expansion. My post was quite short, too, so I've no idea where you got that idea from.

The game has 7.7 million players. That means 7.7 million people enjoy the game. If the game was as bad people made it out to be, it would be dead by now. But it isn't. Why? Because some of us actually like how WoW plays now. Some of us like how it's no longer a timesink.

To the OP; Do not try and pass your opinion as an "honest" fact.

Lets be honest - everything is relative.
    WoW is okay.

i agree i level 10 class to 90 and beside the exitement of the first time pandaria is the WORSE its boring dull and i did the SAME quest with all 10 chars in outland and northrand and azorath i did diffrenete quests and zone with each char pandaria is mega lame

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Fanboy? not even close but good way to show that you have nothing left to back up your pathetic argument.
    you are fanboy its really obvious stop lying its just show ur second virtues liar and hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Actually it didn't start to go down until the end of wrath to Cata when they tried to make content harder.
    You mean when we got stuck in ICC for 6 months and ruby sanctum for another 6. A year with the only real updates being class balancing and a minor side raid trying to be the next sunwell. So most people were sitting in ICC raids for just under a year. I dropped my sub about 8 months into ICC, picked it back up for cata and dropped it again due to the douchebaggery I found in endgame.

WoW's a nice game and all, but the way it handles things is only good in one area of play IMO. endgame raids..... really it should be Main Game cause there's nothing 'end' about most people don't give two cents about anything before 'End Game'.

Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    i agree i level 10 class to 90 and beside the exitement of the first time pandaria is the WORSE its boring dull and i did the SAME quest with all 10 chars in outland and northrand and azorath i did diffrenete quests and zone with each char pandaria is mega lame

- - - Updated - - -

you are fanboy its really obvious stop lying its just show ur second virtues liar and hypocrisy
    You heard it here first folks. MEGA LAME. And yet this person has leveled 10 90's in a game he says is MEGA LAME. Proof that idiocy is rampant.

Let's be honest, WoW in it's current state is very close to the best it's ever been for a hardcore progression raider.

Yay we can all play this subjective game.

Quote Originally Posted by newlineGet View Post
    Lets be honest, WoW in its current state is...
    a great game!

i have nothing else to say! sorry for not reading past your first sentence, but "pretty horrible" is just too subjective to me. i love raiding now like i loved it 6 years ago - if not even more today!

SoO is a damn fine raid.

Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    Nah, I'm just a guy who doesn't nitpick at small irrelevant pieces of the game to bitch and complain about.