Deleted

Need some clarity with some lore detail@ WoW

Greetings.

Today I've went to Mount Hyjal raid, in the Caverns of Time. I've been there only once, so I've kind of explored the whole zone and checked every detail to see how good and close it was to the scenario in the Warcraft 3 final mission.

I went and checked if there was an undead base right on the doorstep of the Human base, and there was, indeed one. However, for my surprise, 2 big SCOURGE flags were planted right at the entrance. And then inside you can see a bunch of mindless ghouls, abominations, and human necromancers, similar to the Cult of the Damned.

My question is, since the invasion of Mount Hyjal was supposed to have been made by the Burning Legion, commanded by Archimonde, why the exact f4ck did they stabilish a SCOURGE base camp in the raid of World of Warcraft? Is this not a BIG flaw in lore? It was not the scourge invading mount hyjal, but the Burning Legion. They are very disctinct from one another.

Part of the Scourge was still under Burning Legion command at the time of the final mission in WC3. The raid instance simply takes from what the mission already had beforehand. If it's a lore-issue, it's a WC3 lore-issue.

Deleted
    Basically, the Burning Legion created the Scourge. Kil'jaedan warped Ner'zhul's spirit and encased it in ice, or the Frozen Throne, and fused it to the armour etc etc all that. But to keep it short, the Scourge was under command of the Legion at that time. They were used to "scourge" anyone who would put a stop to the summoning of the Legion to the world. Therefore, at this point in the lore, the Lich King had not yet gone rogue and defected from the Legion, and were still being used by them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Scourge only became fully independent from the Legion after Archimonde's defeat. At the time of the Battle for Mount Hyjal, the Scourge still acted as the Legion's minions, which is why there's an undead base and most of the attacking troops are undead, just like in Warcraft III.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Well but still, even if the Scourge was still being controlled by the Burning Legion, the main core of the invasion was Legion, it's kind of weird that you have 2 main flags of the Scourge right in the basecamp, it kinda makes it look like it's an exclusive scourge invasion, there aren't even demons there, they just come on later with the waves, and it's mostly bosses lolz.

The scourge was created to prepare Azeroth for the burnin legion an the arrival of one of the big bosses. They used human necromancers to create the scourge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogo View Post
    Well but still, even if the Scourge was still being controlled by the Burning Legion, the main core of the invasion was Legion, it's kind of weird that you have 2 main flags of the Scourge right in the basecamp, it kinda makes it look like it's an exclusive scourge invasion, there aren't even demons there, they just come on later with the waves, and it's mostly bosses lolz.
    That's because they mostly used their undead pawns as their main striking forces. The Legion as a whole had not been summoned to Azeroth yet. There were a lot of doomguards, felhounds and infernals summoned over the course of the invasion (and of course, their leaders, which included Tichondrius, who fell before the final battle), but the bulk of their forces still consisted of the Scourge, which multiplied much faster than they could summon more demon forces. In Warcraft III, you didn't see a lot of demons at the start either. As the timer advanced, they'd start sending bigger waves and would start adding the 3 types of demons I mentioned, as well as sending more than one hero at a time.
    Elune knows how annoying it was to have to kill Azgalor twice every time he was present because of Reincarnation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Diogo, it's not a lore flaw at all. It is all thoroughly explained in Warcraft 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are probably somewhat confused because right before the battle for mount hyjal, the lich king (Ner'zhul) was orchestrating a plan to break free from the legion.

There are demons in the raid if I can remember right, not just the pit lord, doom lord and dread lord bosses. At least felhunters and infernals.
    Which are obviously representing the legion.

And of course Archimonde, the campaign leader you could say. Who is (was) the eredar OVERlord of the burning legion. Not to be confused with Jaraxxus, who's just lord. : P

Quote Originally Posted by Diogo View Post
    The Scourge was essentially part of the Legion at that time and likely made up the majority of their forces on Azeroth.

The Warcraft 3 mission is the same; it's mostly Scourge, with the Demons coming more and more towards the end.

Deleted
    Kil'jaeden created the Lich King and with it the Scourge to help the Burning Legion. Scourge's first roots come from Orcish Warlocks who found a way to transfer their spirits to dead humans on Draenor.

And Scourge was just another part of the Burning Legion under the control of Dreadlords, or so they thought, since Lich King was playing the Dreadlords for fools all long as he was planning to make his own stand with the newly formed Scourge, which happened in WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne with the help of Arthas.

Demons require a whole deal of summoning and Scourge was the "main" offensive in that war, that's why you mainly see the Scourge buildings and the Cult of the Damned. Even if you played WarCraft 3 you could see an Undead Base there with Archimonde leading the assault, just like in Caverns of time.

I think that at one point Archimonde or Tichondrius speaks to Mannoroth about the Scourge and how successful it is compared to the Orcish Horde, Mannoroth was supposed to control, thus making him cursing Grom and Warsong clan yet again in Ashenvale.

There isn't a Burning Legion banner, so they just plopped a Scourge one down. I don't see the issue. The Scourge were the bulk of their forces on Azeroth at the time.

Deleted
    Clarified by the answers, thank you guys