heroic shaman talent question

hello we have a priest who is dying a lot to his prison i was curious if spectral guise if used at the right time can negate the damage from the prison not that actual getting the debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the priest, shadow, disc, or holy can just bubble him/herself when the debuff has ~9-8 seconds left, it is up to that person to not take external damage while the bubble is active, so as to not die to prison because he/she has exhausted the bubble. I don't believe guise negates the damage, because the current debuff is on the active character, and cannot be transferred. Haven't tested it though because I just bubble whoever has prison.
    [/CENTER]

yea hes a disc healer but he is kinda well bad for it....

Bubble + Glyph of fade, drops you to about 20-25% hp
    Triggers ToF if you keep a renew active and won't kill you if you aren't standing in tornado's or slimes.

Another option is saving Pain Supp/Spirit Shell/inner focussed single target heal for ageis on top of the PW:S incase he has the Toxic Mist DoT on which can break PW:S pretty fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalorna View Post
    Another option is saving Pain Supp/Spirit Shell/inner focussed single target heal for ageis on top of the PW:S incase he has the Toxic Mist DoT on which can break PW:S pretty fast.
    Yeah, thats kinda what you need to do, especially with only a few sec remaining on the dot. :P Or a pala with Purity. But you need SOMETHING, external or a daaaamn big shield.

We spread in two groups cheesing the mechanics but what I've noticed as a disc it is pretty easy going dmg wisw until the very end. I just bubble prison targets few seconds before expiring. It is good to track divine aegis in the grid also or absorbs in general. That way it is really easy to know who is in danger of dying and who is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shokbeard View Post
    yea hes a disc healer but he is kinda well bad for it....
    I don't know about the other disc healers, but I usually have DA going on myself and few others, literally just bubbling makes me not die during heroic shamans. If this person keeps dying through bubble because they are taking damage they shouldn't be taking then that means that they should possibly Inner Focus GH themselves to get a big semi decent DA shield. That debuff does 100% of your HP so if you absorb even a small amount, you won't die instantly. It's common sense that if your debuff is about to fall off, you don't take outside damage that could be lethal.

I have never used Glyph of Fade on heroic shamans, and PS is really supposed to go on tanks.
    [/CENTER]

Deleted
    Disc priest can almost negate prison dmg on everyone. Archangel is ready for every prison, Inner Focus and Spirit Shell every second prison.

So what am i doing: 10sec before Prison: Archangel, Inner Focus with some heal, Power Word: Shields then mostly Smites and Penances and for next prison it's Archangel, Spirit Shell with some heal, Power Word: Shield

If I fail and take some additional dmg I use Power Word: Barrier or Pain Suppression

Literally just casted 2 PW:S before the prisons everytime and smited the rest of the fight. Really fucking easy to heal as Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by shokbeard View Post
    hello we have a priest who is dying a lot to his prison i was curious if spectral guise if used at the right time can negate the damage from the prison not that actual getting the debuff.
    i dont think you can SG be used to negate the prison mechanic

just have the priest pop AA and start shielding with prison thats about to expire around about 12s> (this shield might be gone when meteor thing hits though so you need to keep an eye for that as well)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayna View Post
    Literally just casted 2 PW:S before the prisons everytime and smited the rest of the fight. Really fucking easy to heal as Disc.
    Pretty much this. PWS each prison a few seconds before expiration and nobody will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayna View Post
    While I mostly agree with this sentiment, sometimes the timing of when the Shaman hit 50% (based on your raid's DPS) can impact your casting choices a bit concerning the meteors.

Spirit Shell comes handy, though.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Deleted
    As Spazzeh above really,

AA comes up for every debuff expiration, it makes "super bubbles" a huge reality, my "average" bubble according to WoL for this weeks shamans kill was 355k (mostly cast under AA with 2pc, so yes inflated)

Divine Star is incredibly good for the toxic storms too, later in the fight start using Spirit Shell as a buffer for the falling ash