Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Two big MMOs are coming out during Spring 2014 (WildStar and ESO). So the WoW expansion will come out during Spring 2014. (Apr/May/Jun)

  2. #22
    Late Spring .

  3. #23
    Pit Lord Klaxxar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,449
    So if the release is good, but do they need the beta to at all?
    PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...

  4. #24
    We'll know soon after blizzcon when its coming out. Because if its a spring date they are going for beta will have to start right after blizzcon.

  5. #25
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    So if the release is good, but do they need the beta to at all?
    Yes, because Beta is when they get real players in to test things. Players tend to discover things the devs don't because devs play through things as they're designed to be played.

    Players will push things to the limit, and generally will break things and then abuse the broken corpse.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  6. #26
    May 4th my birthday Honestly though any time from March to June seems likely if there is going to be 5.5 and a beta before then.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    We'll know soon after blizzcon when its coming out. Because if its a spring date they are going for beta will have to start right after blizzcon.
    I fully expect this. Blizzcon, xpac announcement, then we hear F&F beta has been active already and closed beta starts soon, live and virtual ticket holders may get initial access (they pay a shit ton of money for the event, might as well toss them a bone). Beta slowly opening up over the months; with maybe a big wave near xmas.

    If they can stick to their schedule and beta isn't too buggy; pre-patch Feb-early March; release, March-early April.

    Remember, they've been working on the new xpac for about a year already. They've proven they can turn out content faster. They would be wise to get the game out around the time of ESO; but ESO is NO threat to WoW. WoW can release before ESO, let people try it out, then come back. I don't see the core WoW player sticking with ESO -at all-.


    xpac 5 release? soon

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    live and virtual ticket holders may get initial access (they pay a shit ton of money for the event, might as well toss them a bone).
    More likely would be annual pass 2.0.

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer Paula Deen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Albany, Georgia
    Posts
    3,719
    Well how about this.

    We will get a patch 5.5 probably right as Blizz Con as ending or a few weeks later.

    In Feb/March we will get 1 more raid, the reason I say this is because of the following 2 achievements.
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8...eful-combatant
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8451

    I really truthfully think we are getting 1 more raid, more than likely to either rap up the Timeless story, start up the next expac, or just a filler raid (Ruby Sanctum anyone?)

    Now judging by that I am willing to bet we would probably get a release date on the anniversary if this was to happen.


    IF WHAT I JUST SAID DOESN'T PAN OUT I am going for a release in April-June of 2014.

  10. #30
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,733
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    More likely would be annual pass 2.0.
    I'll almost guarantee you that.

    They'll get beta access, the Faerie Dragon mount, and either Reaper of Souls or a bunch of card packs for Hearthstone.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  11. #31
    Pit Lord Klaxxar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,449
    Hmmm...I never did get the first one for the Annual Pass.
    I might get it if I have the real money for it.
    PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...

  12. #32
    Damnit Blizzcon hurry up!

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral Baine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    We'll know soon after blizzcon when its coming out. Because if its a spring date they are going for beta will have to start right after blizzcon.
    Exactly. Both Cata and MoP needed 6 months of beta. So I would see a Beta starting in december to be finished with 6.0's release in may.

  14. #34
    March or April 2014 AT THE LATEST.

    Blizzard needs to make sure it shits on concurrent MMOs. I have a hunch beta is going to start less than a week after Blizzcon and that a lot of the game is going to be playable at Blizzcon itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  15. #35
    Blademaster Deadlycurves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Should be working
    Posts
    32
    April 1st

  16. #36
    Late April, early May. Absolutely no later than late May / early June
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    it will be right near this Christmas the amount of staff they have working on it they can pump it out much faster.
    Funny post right here. Alpha and Beta tests say hi. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell that it will be out a month and a half after Blizzcon.

    Think people think. Four expansions down and ALL following roughy the same timeframe. Let's not keep making threads like this yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Exactly. Both Cata and MoP needed 6 months of beta. So I would see a Beta starting in december to be finished with 6.0's release in may.
    If they don't redo a lot of old content or a new class they shouldn't need 6months bc didn't need that.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Umm no? Titan and WoW have separate teams to begin with. They started over with titan, not scrapped it. Meaning that its still being worked on by its own team.

    Gonna go out on a limb and say end of summer. So in late August early September. Thats if Warlords of Draenor is even a expansion and not another new project.
    Umm no!!! They made official statement saying the titan team was being spread amongst other game titles as titan was being completely 're thought/worked. Until work was ready to continue designers and so on was put else where including wows new expansion.

    Either way, I expect beta to start very soon and the game to be available early 2014, they have had very good timing on patches so far and Seem confident that there still on schedule. Can't compare with other expansions I do believe now, team is much larger and game is on a better engine

    We won't see another raid this expansion as some as mention, they have stated this also several times now. Though I do expect a fuller end patch to introduce the new expansion, which I have a feeling the draenei could have some great truth behind it and have us discovering and visiting the planet Ordus, known as the homeland of the draenei and later the headquarters for the blood legion. The son off the alliance's king has been mentored by I forget his name, and warned great danger is on its way, that light and shadow will confront once again. I believe he will play an important role in whats to come ... then again maybe not huh. Blizzcon soon

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    I fully expect this. Blizzcon, xpac announcement, then we hear F&F beta has been active already and closed beta starts soon, live and virtual ticket holders may get initial access (they pay a shit ton of money for the event, might as well toss them a bone). Beta slowly opening up over the months; with maybe a big wave near xmas.

    If they can stick to their schedule and beta isn't too buggy; pre-patch Feb-early March; release, March-early April.

    Remember, they've been working on the new xpac for about a year already. They've proven they can turn out content faster. They would be wise to get the game out around the time of ESO; but ESO is NO threat to WoW. WoW can release before ESO, let people try it out, then come back. I don't see the core WoW player sticking with ESO -at all-.


    xpac 5 release? soon
    F&F has not started yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •