... LastLast

Warlords of Draenor Release Date

Game-------------------------------------------------Release Date

Classic WoW------------------------------------> November 24th 2004
    Burning Crusade-------------------------------> January 16th 2007
    Wrath Of The Lich King-----------------------> November 13th 2008
    Cataclysm---------------------------------------> December 7th 2010
    Mists of Pandaria------------------------------> September 25th 2012
    Expansion 5 (Warlords of Draenor???!?)---------->2014????

When will World of Warcraft Expansion pack 5 be released?
    Last edited by codeman; 2013-11-04 at 03:41 AM.

Aprill 22nd - June 10th

1 of the last 2 Tuesdays in May if I had to narrow it more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a guess regardless of the expansion name I'm going to go with April 2014.

Based on those dates I'd say expect it some time in late 2014. If they speed up the process like they've been saying, maybe mid-2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

My guess is probably Spring 2014 or Summer 2014. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed.

I'm guessing.... hmm.... let's say... Tuesday, May 20th, 2014.

If its late 2014 they are going to lose a lot of subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are releasing expansions early like they said, I hope it releases sometime soon in next year like a good month.
    Want to play my World of Warcraft during the warm holidays, but Winter I can still play easily though and I just like going out during the Spring and Summer.
    For the Horde!

I hope they don't make us wait again like they did in Wrath. Remember 12 months of Icecrown Citadel?

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the same date Hearthstone is released.

I hope its right after Christmas!! Apparently, now that their next gen mmo, Titan, was delayed, they have more people working on WoW.

I see no reason it would be coming out without at least three months of public beta. So I'd put my money on May.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

sometime when wildstar/eso comes out so wow can fuck them over

Quote Originally Posted by codeman View Post
    I hope its right after Christmas!! Apparently, now that their next gen mmo, Titan, was delayed, they have more people working on WoW.
    Umm no? Titan and WoW have separate teams to begin with. They started over with titan, not scrapped it. Meaning that its still being worked on by its own team.

Gonna go out on a limb and say end of summer. So in late August early September. Thats if Warlords of Draenor is even a expansion and not another new project.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by codeman View Post
    Game-------------------------------------------------Release Date

Classic WoW------------------------------------> November 24th 2004
    Burning Crusade-------------------------------> January 16th 2007
    Wrath Of The Lich King-----------------------> November 13th 2008
    Cataclysm---------------------------------------> December 7th 2010
    Mists of Pandaria------------------------------> September 25th 2012
    Expansion 5 (Warlords of Draenor???!?)---------->2014????

When will World of Warcraft Expansion pack 5 be released?
    December 2nd, 2014

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    May 2014 is calling out to me. 8 months of SoO isn't too bad (average is 6 months after all, likely we'd get 6.0 a month beforehand anyway) and it gives anywhere 5-7 months of beta.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Umm no? Titan and WoW have separate teams to begin with. They started over with titan, not scrapped it. Meaning that its still being worked on by its own team.

Gonna go out on a limb and say end of summer. So in late August early September. Thats if Warlords of Draenor is even a expansion and not another new project.
    Uhh yes, Zantos is correct. They confirmed that Titan has been delayed and a large amount of Titan's team has been moved over to WoW's.

Some time in the early Summer I'd say.

10+ Year Old Account
    For financial reasons, it needs to be released no later than 2nd quarter 2014. If they let MoP linger into late 2014, at the rate subs are continuing to drop... dunno. Their cash savings is mostly gone if I understand it correctly, due to that deal that went down with Vivendi and the board. They certainly make more than enough in sub fees (we think, anyway) to continue the product, but they can't continue losing 10-20 percent of the subscriber base per quarter for long (they lost 14% in Q1's March figures, about 10% second quarter, and as of June was down to 7.7m subs from a high of over 12m subs - or about a 30% crash from the high mark; an analyst in September announced that WoW's revenue was 93m in April 2013, down from 204m seven months earlier - that is a HUGE drop). And we don't yet know how many they lost 3rd quarter.

They pulled a pile of devs off Titan about six months ago and moved them to WoW, adding them to the existing WoW team that developed MoP. I suppose it's possible they could get it done by spring, with the bigger development staff. They really NEED to get it done.

Everyone's all jacked up over Blizzcon and the xpac "leaks" and all that... meanwhile the 3rd Quarter Results are going to be released on Wednesday November 6, two days before Blizzcon, after market close. As of the end Q2 they were down 1.9m subs for the year.

Two big MMOs are coming out during Spring 2014 (WildStar and ESO). So the WoW expansion will come out during Spring 2014. (Apr/May/Jun)