Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    We payed $50 for this xpac and $15 a month to play with a broken spell cuz they wanted to wait till next xpac. Guess I should FOTM like everyone else lol
    I'd hardly call PoH broken, it just takes a little forethought to use properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

I think most guilds don't want to waste time messing with groups for one healer and just call holy bad.

- - - Updated - - -

We payed $50 for this xpac and $15 a month to play with a broken spell cuz they wanted to wait till next xpac. Guess I should FOTM like everyone else lol
    If you think you paid $50 bucks plus to play with one spell, you've got more serious issues than rehashing a thread every month (after a thread in which you ALSO basically said people were bad for not organizing groups to optimize PoH).

But yeah we all know that was a gross over exaggeration anyway. Priest has been pretty FotM nearly all expac.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    If you think you paid $50 bucks plus to play with one spell, you've got more serious issues than rehashing a thread every month (after a thread in which you ALSO basically said people were bad for not organizing groups to optimize PoH).

But yeah we all know that was a gross over exaggeration anyway. Priest has been pretty FotM nearly all expac.

Preist or disc has been FOTM????

I know shadow is hurting single target and Holy has fallen by the wayside due to the buffing of other healers and the randomness of any damage that goes out in most SoO encounters.

maybe its just me or i just got attached to the whole group healing with POH

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    I'd be interested to find out how Spirit shell would work without PoH being a party targeted ability.
    yea it will be odd how they will be doing that
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Prayer of Healing: Your Prayer of Healing spell will always attempt to heal 5 low-health players within 30 yards of the target preferring the target and players in the target's group first, but the mana cost is increased by 20%.

This gives you the option of leaving it the way it is now or having it be semi-smart.
    Last edited by Darkener; 2013-11-06 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so sick of people bitching about PoH. At least the spell requires some thought, versus the growing ease at which healers are no able to operate. PoH is fine.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    I'm so sick of people bitching about PoH. At least the spell requires some thought, versus the growing ease at which healers are no able to operate. PoH is fine.
    It all comes down to dmg patterns and lack of other filler spells for Holy mostly, wich has been an issue this raid.

How hard is it to set up groups properly. Literally takes a few seconds. If your guild can't take the time to do that (and it should be done anyways), then there's a problem with your guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    It all comes down to dmg patterns and lack of other filler spells for Holy mostly, wich has been an issue this raid.
    Listen I don't disagree that PoH and holy in general is not as useful this tier, but the spell itself works fine as intended. I can't speak for 25s, but I know in tens you can do pretty well in single target chakra with heavy BH and GH usage.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Listen I don't disagree that PoH and holy in general is not as useful this tier, but the spell itself works fine as intended. I can't speak for 25s, but I know in tens you can do pretty well in single target chakra with heavy BH and GH usage.
    Holy is strong in 10m, everyone is close proximity stack 13k haste and use serenity. In 25m it's another animal, you use serenity and PoH is your main heal. The strategy of 25m is a larger footprint and many many people are out of range. If they are out of range of your 40y spells then it's likely a 30y will be far out of range and it tends to be so. The honest and sad truth is players don't often stick to a certain location, they move around and sometimes have to. The split up and it causes issues with PoH in 25m.

Does it need to be a smart heal? I don't think so but if they could make it balanced and work I wouldn't be opposed to it. Does it need a longer range? I feel it does being it is our number one No CD heal in 25m and it very often hits 3-4 targets. Maybe a added mechanic like the spirit of chi ji where if it hit less than 5 targets it would hit the closest target or low health target or added the missing healing to the targets it did hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously with the Grid addon it literally takes absolutely no thought as to who to PoH to be able to get more than 3 targets. I see a PoH icon on a person I can PoH and it's going to hit more than 3 targets. It's so brainless that I don't know why people complain. For realsies. Maybe it's just because my RL doesn't hate me, but melee is always in their own groups, ranged in theirs, and healers in g4+5.
    [/CENTER]

I still love Prayer of Healing. I'll be really sad when they ruin it next xpac.

I'm all for bringing back targeted spells next xpac. Ground based healing was niche. Hots and shields are fun. Screw smart heals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, as I said many times, I have yet to see a suggestion to make me want to trade off PoH. I certainly dont want it to be another smartheal.

Another filler spell or perhaps only the removal of Chakra would improve playing a lot even with random dmg and widely spread raids.

Last tiers have been very suited for PoH with even raiddmg, often longlasting to, SoO is not and here is pretty much the result. I dont like we need "adjusted" dmg to do well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    Seriously with the Grid addon it literally takes absolutely no thought as to who to PoH to be able to get more than 3 targets. I see a PoH icon on a person I can PoH and it's going to hit more than 3 targets. It's so brainless that I don't know why people complain. For realsies. Maybe it's just because my RL doesn't hate me, but melee is always in their own groups, ranged in theirs, and healers in g4+5.
    Disc is not nearly as dependant on PoH as Holy, and a wild guess is you mostly play Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Yeah, as I said many times, I have yet to see a suggestion to make me want to trade off PoH. I certainly dont want it to be another smartheal.

Another filler spell or perhaps only the removal of Chakra would improve playing a lot even with random dmg and widely spread raids.

Last tiers have been very suited for PoH with even raiddmg, often longlasting to, SoO is not and here is pretty much the result. I dont like we need "adjusted" dmg to do well.

- - - Updated - - -

Disc is not nearly as dependant on PoH as Holy, and a wild guess is you mostly play Disc.
    Easy fix you should like. if it hits less than 5 targets added the missing healing to the targets it did hit.

Easy fix you should like. if it hits less than 5 targets added the missing healing to the targets it did hit.
    So if you're holy and you have the 4p and PoH only hits 1 person it'll heal them for 1mil? That seems broken.

If PoH was to lose its party restriction it would have to gain restrictions in another area. Be it a cooldown, a healing reduction, or a range decrease. No other class has an AoE heal that strong with a range that great that they can spam endlessly. Not even Holy Radiance compares to it.

PoH is a perfectly fine spell as long as you take the precautions and assign groups idealy. If you need added help then get an addon like vuhdo, or Grid with it's AoE check that will mark your ideal PoH targets so you can achieve a max heal from it. It's one of the strongest if not strongest AoE heals in the game if utilized correctly.
    Last edited by Cynthesis; 2013-11-07 at 05:24 AM.

Let me just say, that after having gotten my mistweaver monk to 90, i truely began to appreciate prayer of healing on my priest. I don't want to lose the control PoH gives.

Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    Let me just say, that after having gotten my mistweaver monk to 90, i truely began to appreciate prayer of healing on my priest. I don't want to lose the control PoH gives.
    Yeah I definitely feel this way sometimes when I'm healing on other classes. There are a ton of benefits to PoH even if it does have a few drawbacks.

I like POH the way it is. It could be expanded to 40 yards, but thats about all. Its fine besides that IMO.

However...

I love how anytime anyone says anything that isn't completely positive about a skill or ability in the game; you get these people running in crying about how it should be left alone because things are 'more difficult' this way, or 'require more skill'.

Its so ridiculous. As if every skill, spell and mechanic in the game is above criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrax View Post
    I like POH the way it is. It could be expanded to 40 yards, but thats about all. Its fine besides that IMO.

However...

I love how anytime anyone says anything that isn't completely positive about a skill or ability in the game; you get these people running in crying about how it should be left alone because things are 'more difficult' this way, or 'require more skill'.

Its so ridiculous. As if every skill, spell and mechanic in the game is above criticism.
    And thusly, criticisms of those spells can be criticized with a, "It's fine the way it is."

Nightstorm, are you ever going to explain your change of heart? Then one where you were spouting "lrn2play" about PoH, and then suddenly making posts complaining about it? Just wondering.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."