Weight/Diet Question.

Ok so here's some information and what i'm asking:

I have been stalled at the same weight now for about 6 or so weeks, I go to the gym for an hour to an hour and a half atleast 5 days a week mostly doing weights and atleast 15-30 mins on bike or treadmill to warm up. Now I eat really healthy and I see changes, small changes etc etc but the scales stay exactly within 1 kilo up/down each week.

I eat 1650 calories a day and dont have money to buy more food even though I eat A LOT of food a day it's just for some reason my weight has plateud lately.

So next week I will be stayin at a friends and eating a lot of junk/not as healthy as I usually eat but it will be bumping my calories up a few hundred a day at most, now is this a good thing im 20, 5'9, male btw, i've been told doing this if you stall for a while could reboot your metabolism or something.

TLR; Will eating crap for a week to get calories up higher help me when I go back to eating healthy?

15+ Year Old Account
    1650 calories is not alot of calories in a day

I'd venture a guess that the reason you are staying around the same weight is because you are adding muscle, which offsets the fat you are losing. You should be seeing increased muscle definition though, or you may be doing the wrong type or intensity of workout.

As far as your question goes, I highly doubt that eating poorly for a week will cause you to lose weight in the long run, but I'm not expert.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    1650 calories is not alot of calories in a day
    Also, this. At my height (6'3"), weight (190) and age (29), I burn about 2800 calories while resting, and my daily workouts burn several hundred more calories per day. I'm not a believer in calorie tracking as a useful method of staying fit, but I would guess that I consume between 2200 and 3000 calories a day, depending on my eating habits of that day.

Probably not. Most diets benefit from a Re-feed day because they are on the lower side of carbs/fats which affect hormones which affect your weight loss. Now depending on how low those are in your diet it may help to have a re-feed day. Honestly I'd try and take it easy eating crap food. I know after eating clean foods I can't just go out on a bender with my friends having fast food twice a day unless I wanna spend half the day on a toilet.

I'd love to know what your current weight is.

Having recently gone from 125kg to 87-88kg, i would suggest;

Keep up your workout routine, keep lifting weights regularly especially if you don't want to lose much muscle along the way. My exercises were so irregular so i lost some and i didn't have much lean mass before either owing to my sedentary lifestyle. But even if you do, don't worry, you can always bulk up later.

You might be stalling for a number of reasons. First, you might be adding up muscle but i would say it's unlikely to happen at 1650 cal/day. Body transformation can happen and you can lose fat while gaining muscle, though on one condition; you must be eating at least your maintenance calories. You can check out your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate, calories that your body needs to keep vital functions) and maintenance calories (calories needed to maintain your weight), just google TDEE to find out.

Second, you might be eating more calories than you think you do. Be sure to weigh your food.

In order to find out which one is the case, you must accurately measure your body fat percentage. This must be your main concern rather than losing weight. I don't know how overweight you are but in the long run focus on lowering your BF%.

Long story short, eat in a caloric deficit (i would recommend no more than 30%), consume enough protein (1g/kg or so not sure atm), keep lifting and if you do everything right there's no reason you should stall.