Heroic 25 Man Paragons of the Klaxxi, Tank damage help

So over the past few weeks weve been progressing on 25 Man Heroic Klaxxi. Tonight we were able to get to the point, where only 2 bosses are up, 4-5 times (not 100% cleanly but still went into it with like 20 ppl up). This issue for us is not dps we have a good 2.5-3 minutes when the 7th Paragon dies, but tank damage.

The order we kill them is, skeer > rik'kal > korven > hisek > xaril > iyyokuk > kaztik > kilruk > karoz

Kil'ruk seems to be hitting our Prot Pally for 900k (with Ardent Defender) and Karoz hits our Blood DK for almost the same (which i guess is sort of understandable because at that point hes got like 8 stacks of the buff)

Is the damage Kil'ruk is doing to our Prot Pally normal? We do have externals rolling on the tanks at that point as much as possible PS/IB/Sac/etc. If this is normal, other then using externals and spamming heals on the tank is there any way to deal with the damage? All the kill videos ive watched and streams ive seen have shown alot of tank damage, but nowhere near a both tanks being literally globaled (after cloak procs ofc) the moment they dont dodge/parry a hit. Any extra information/answers would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for taking the time to help out

WoL: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9tf76v3i6f342zho/

Prot Paladin: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Romulo/advanced
    Blood DK: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Zamerzla/advanced
    Last edited by Skumbanner; 2013-11-04 at 07:16 AM.

We're at a similar point and yea, I've been globaled. Need to roll externals when your AM isn't up.

Correct me if im wrong but i think there is a debuff that one of the other paragons puts on the tanks that make them take increased damage by the later paragons.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try this order .. Should be easier ..
    Rik’kal > Skeer > Korven > Hisek > Ka’roz > Kaz’tik > Iyyakuk > Xaril > Kil’ruk

I'm 10 man, but it's the same thing. They hit hard as hell. Ka'roz at that point is between 15-20 stacks depending on your dps, and Kil'ruk comes down and dual wields hitting just as hard as Ka'roz does. You really need to rotate externals well between AM (even AM is not enough usually). There's a lot of safe time between whirling and hurl amber though on Ka'roz, and Kil'ruk does death from above and reave (albeit not as often).

If you really want to cheese the tank damage, you can kite Kil'ruk with feathers (or a prot warrior has more tools especially if he's engi). Just get some distance after a reave or death from above and do a marathon around the room with feathers - you barely outrun him that way. Points for lifegrip pro saves.

Blood DKs are probably not the most ideal tank in that final part either.

Just tell your tanks to go full defensive for that fight. Makes everyone's life so much easier. Their damage or healing is quite irrelevant, as long as they mitigate as much as possible.

Deleted
    Abuse your paladin to divine shield himself and hop you at a save time in the fight so none of you have xaril stacks (obviously if as meant to only one of you have 'em you don't both have to reset them). This way you can rotate the bosses so you have better CD management on the one that hits harder. For us in 10 man Locust was the dangerous one so we swapped a bit so whoever had the most cds available took him. That being said it didn't feel dangerous at all this week (our 2nd kill) And I basically took Locust all of the last phase so our DK could have fun in the scorpion.

Deleted
    I'm no pally expert but using DP twice in 10.5 minutes seems bad if you get globaled alot.
    Take try 11, 10.5 minutes.
    No goak, 2 ardent, 2 dp.

Could fit 3, 5 and 10 uses afaik. Could aim to weave it in when meta proc isnt up and aim for close to 100% uptime on 20% dr.

But yeh, im no pala expert, sure someone can give more detailed help, just thought his cd usage stood out as low

Thanks for the helpful information . I appreciate it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I'm no pally expert but using DP twice in 10.5 minutes seems bad if you get globaled alot.
    Take try 11, 10.5 minutes.
    No goak, 2 ardent, 2 dp.

Could fit 3, 5 and 10 uses afaik. Could aim to weave it in when meta proc isnt up and aim for close to 100% uptime on 20% dr.

But yeh, im no pala expert, sure someone can give more detailed help, just thought his cd usage stood out as low
    While his CD usage is low, he should definately have used GoAK and DP a lot more, but tanking is not like dps about pushing out max amount of CDs. It can be okay using GoAK once in 6 minutes, using AD no times in 5 minutes etc. But DP should really be used very frequently. So his DP usage is quite shit, and his GoAK usage of course unacceptable.

@OP - The tank damage is really insane. In 10 man I recieved hits for up to 950k in the end. You have to misfortune to have the two worst tanks in the game, paladin and dk, to deal with Ka'Roz damage. My guild solved the issue by simply having the warrior tank ka'roz as they are much better suited for that kind of damage pattern. If you have a monk, druid or warrior I would strongly suggest to have them tank and having them tank Ka'roz at the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peneloppe View Post
    You're aware, that this thread is about 25 Heroic Paragons, are you? As someone who is progressing this fight atm, i'm confident to say that this order is completely unplayable, even if you BoP the Bloodletting, Iyyokuk and Xaril up while killing 2 other Paragons is impossible to survive.

Are you talking about .... normal mode here? Because this has to be one of the hardest kill order combinations ever on 25HC.
    Mew!

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't try this order ever.

The tank damage at the end of the fight is a shit ton, need to have CDs rolling all the time and the only thing healers should be healing is the tanks.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by Santeka View Post
    You're aware, that this thread is about 25 Heroic Paragons, are you? As someone who is progressing this fight atm, i'm confident to say that this order is completely unplayable, even if you BoP the Bloodletting, Iyyokuk and Xaril up while killing 2 other Paragons is impossible to survive.
    Not to mention I'm pretty sure the reason Ka'roz and not Kil'ruk is left until last is because if/when they Berserk, Ka'roz will not one-shot your raid while Kil'ruk will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Not to mention I'm pretty sure the reason Ka'roz and not Kil'ruk is left until last is because if/when they Berserk, Ka'roz will not one-shot your raid while Kil'ruk will.
    Yeah. It was for that reason we left Iyyokuk alive to last in 10 man as his enrage wont kill the raid so fast. Obviously 25 man it is better to have ka'roz up last than iyyokuk. But having Kil'ruk alive last in any raid size is silly.