Deleted

Frost Armor Math Help

Hello fellow Mages.
    There seems there is something i dont quite understand about Frost Armor.
    I am currently at 29.44% Haste (removed the immerseus trinket to make the calculation easier) without any buffs (Including Armor), but when i use frost armor which is supose to give me 7% haste i end up at 38.50% Haste, which means that Frost Armor gave me 9.06% Haste.

Is there something im missing about the Frost Armor calculation?

This also seems to stack higher and higher the more haste you get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevle View Post
    Hello fellow Mages.
    There seems there is something i dont quite understand about Frost Armor.
    I am currently at 29.44% Haste (removed the immerseus trinket to make the calculation easier) without any buffs (Including Armor), but when i use frost armor which is supose to give me 7% haste i end up at 38.50% Haste, which means that Frost Armor gave me 9.06% Haste.

Is there something im missing about the Frost Armor calculation?

This also seems to stack higher and higher the more haste you get.
    Yes, it is multiplicative. Frost armour increases in efficacy relative to mage armour which is an additive 3000 mastery with increasing haste rating.

Frost armour yields (((1 + Haste%/100)*1.07 *100)-100)% Haste
    Last edited by mmocff35e03d88; 2013-11-04 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyropanda View Post
    Yes, it is multiplicative. Frost armour increases in efficacy relative to mage armour which is an additive 3000 mastery with increasing haste rating.
    Ohh i see, you dont happen to have the formula for it?

Try taking 7% of your haste rating, and converting that number into Haste%. Should be about 9.06% haste I'd guess.

With immerseus trink, you'd be increasing your haste by 13% of n amount of haste.

Deleted
    Did some ingame testing and i get it now, lucky you have forums when you derp out on the maths
    much appreciated guys!

sooo for single target would it be more beneficial to use something like breath of the hydra & PBoI + frost armor and using LB (on top of the 9762 haste breakpoint) as an arcane mage versus PBoI & KTT & mage armor + LB (at 9762 haste breakpoint) ?

Im curious because i have noticed some videos and streams of arcane mages using frost armor when they use LB on single target fights, really got me wondering.

if im multiplying right, 9762 + frost armor + PBoI = 11385 haste, which is an increase of 1623. Compared to an increase of 3k mastery from mage armor. I would think mage armor is more useful beneficial unless you had like 15k+ haste to begin with, when the 7% and 9% really start adding up a lot more.
    Last edited by buffmageslol; 2013-11-04 at 09:47 PM.

Frost armor increases your spell haste modifier and not haste stat, this is the reason why it's so good.
    PBoI increases your haste stat by %, so it's also good, just not as good as frost armor.

The correct math: 9762+PBoI = 10641
    Spell haste modifier with frost armor: (1+10641/425/100)*1.07 = 1.3379
    Which is equivalent of having 14361 haste. This is a gain of 4599 from base, and 3720 from base+PBoI.