Page 1 of 2
LastLast

H Siegecrafter belt duty

anyone have the unfortunate experience of getting put on belt duty on this in either 10 or 25man? we are running double lock, me as afflic and other as destro. im putting out the highest dps of the group even when having to do every other belt but my belt dmg is pisspoor as afflic. i tried it as destro and our other lock is doing as destro and i found it to be super rng/unfriendly in general for the spec. Anyone done this as demo and popping all cds when going on belt?

Deleted
    From my limited attempts on this boss I couldnt help but conclude that warlocks are shit for the belts. Youll be aiding the raid so much more by staying on the platform and putting your dps into the boss.

When ive seen locks going up (which is rarely enough) it's usually been to cover a 3-man belt cycle when people are short on CDs for the unfinished weapons.

If your RL insists on you going up every other time youll be so far behind the other dps in damage done to the weapon that it's laughable.
    Affliction, other than hoping for trinketprocs, will be crap.
    Destruction can be decent if need be, by saving embers and dumping them on the belt. Dont forget to stagger your chaos bolts, as I noticed trying to get more than one through at a time meant the weapon was just too far ahead of you and you'd spend the rest of the belttime trying to catch up and only inc/confl it. What worked 'ok' for me was to frontload a chaos bolt as the weapons spawned, inc/confl/immo and move through the first/second set of lasers and then chaos bolt again. Through laser again, and last chaos bolt. 3 chaos bolts and then shadowburn 2-3 times depending on your inc/conf crits and embers.

We havent had too many attempts (only around 20 so far, mostly trying some things out) but it didnt take long to realize that any DK/rogue/warrior (esp with cd-reduction trinkets reducing their 1min cds to 40sec, perfect for belts as they spawn every 45 seconds) will completely shit on your damage. And dont forget hunters are just amazing for it, and should go up each time by using disengage.

Warlocks.. shouldn't be doing the belt. Ever. We are far more useful on the platform, damaging either the boss or mines.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Deleted
    Destro is the way to go and it's not really unfriendly or rng

Before going to belt ensure you have 3+ embers and refresh immo on boss and shredder.

On belt as soon as the target is in range cast immolate and then 2 x conflag. Whilst doing conflag move to a spot wheere the turret moves through an opening and you are then safe to cast 3 x chaos bolt before you reach the 2nd curtain. At that point get in a safe spot to move through that whilst doing conflag/fel flame(or in in if using kjc)around this point your other dps should be close to getting it to 20% at which point if you prepared you should be able to cast 2 x shadowburn. If struggling you made need to move through last curtain whilst continuing to build embers for another sb.

If on 25 man try and be in a group with a rogue and a warrior. Work out which belt warrior is using crit buff and then use your cd's on the other belts, I recommend using AD because of this.

On another note whilst you can easily do your share of dps if 5 ppl are on belts in 25 man(=6-7mill dmg each) locks are better served staying out to stop gateways despawning. Affl locks do good dmg on boss and destro are strong on mines. However if your guild has lots of locks then make sure to go belt, it's soooo much more fun during the many many tries it will take to kill this!

Also be aware the first grp will prolly have hero and all trinkets up for the first target so don't get disheartened if they appear to have higher damage when your on 2nd belt grp.

Oh and I assume your rogues are going belt so make sure someone casts CoE on the boss!
    Last edited by mmoc3152dc6ee5; 2013-11-04 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Warlocks.. shouldn't be doing the belt. Ever. We are far more useful on the platform, damaging either the boss or mines.
    This. Hunters, Rogues, SPriests even Mages are better for belt duty than us. I'd even go so far to say that an Enhance Shaman would be better.

Deleted
    Destro locks are better on it than enh whammies and sp's and about even with mages. Just figure out a safe spot to stand after immo and two conflag so you can get those 3 cb's off!

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    ^

If you absolutely HAVE to I'd probably recommend destruction and just bank 3-4 embers for the belt and when you get up there just ram the weapons face with conflags and chaosbolts. Dunno if this still works but if you have a spriest on your raid team you should probably have that go with you so they can levitate both of you so you can just stand there and turret and not have to fight the belt.

Also don't get excited, affliction is super strong off the pull and falls off by the end of the fight. If you're having short progression wipes affliction ALWAYS looks better.

I tried doing the belts. Realized after 4-5 attempts, that if I didn't get insane procs, I wouldn't be able to do it. Been on mine duty ever since.

I haven't done this fight on heroic yet, but I wanted to note you can Havoc the boss before getting on belt and launching a Chaos bolt.

Deleted
    Belt is piss as destro, i first done it at 563 item level 2 manning.

Enter platform with 2 full embers

Conflag Asap > Chaos bolt and immolate while getting dragged > Incin 3 times jumping forward > Chaos bolt again predicting where the opening will be in the fire wall > continue as normal.

That should net you at least 6 million damage even without procs.

I do this and still have the second most bomb damage done.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a massive amount of fun as a lock as your far better off on the platform. If you can argue your case you can always offer help on the belts as destro, one handy thing if you have a group that needs a little help on damage to finish it off, you can havoc the add on the belt then port straight back down and hit the boss and it xfers the damage. Running double lock though you mite be stuck with it I guess.

Your raid must have crazy aoe damage to need you on the belt over what you can contribute as CC/AOE on the mines / boss O.o.

Glad mine has melee/hunters to do that

Having done the belt before, I'd say aff + kjc is the most belt friendly spec you can play. SB:SS + filler on the move means you're almost completely mobile. I think the belt is not very destro/demo friendly because you need to resource pool a lot more than the other spec which I think is sacrificing too much vs what you have to do as aff. If you're going to be a back up belt killer (meaning if someone screws up you take over for them) then you probably want to play what's best for your raid for the main platform but if you're strictly killing weapons I'd suggest speccing specifically for that task.
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 2013-11-05 at 12:04 AM.

isn't every other class going to lose damage going on the belt? maybe you should do fight mechanics instead of watching the meter.

Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    isn't every other class going to lose damage going on the belt? maybe you should do fight mechanics instead of watching the meter.
    thats not what this is about really, its about trying to find a way to pump out the most damage, while being one of the worst classes for it

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    This. Hunters, Rogues, SPriests even Mages are better for belt duty than us. I'd even go so far to say that an Enhance Shaman would be better.
    Un, no. You must not have much knoweldge about other classes. Shadow Priests are worst class in the game for belts and are the worst caster in the game when it comes to mobility on fights.

If you ask a shadow priest to go on belt they always have to save DP3, which means their dps priority through out the fight becomes significant hampered. They Could Save Mind Spike charges.. DP3.. but this is really suboptimal. Where as you could just ask a warlock to go on the belt and cast while moving.

Shadow Priests
    -Have no teleport ability.
    -They cannot cast while moving(unless they have procs available) - Warlocks can with Kiljadean Cunning talent.
    -They cannot channel mind flay while moving(significant for things like DP3)

Elemental shamans and Warlocks are the best caster to put on the belt and in general elemental shaman, hunter, warlock, are top choices for belt teams for ranged options. Priest/mage should be last option for belt in almost any group that wants to optimize performance of the entire raid.

Now if a SP/Mage wants to hop on the belt because its fun and they're good at it and it doesnt hamper raid performance then good for them. But in general its just not an optimal strategy.

Deleted
    Yes priests are far better for the job than warlocks.
    Last edited by mmoc9cb242d19c; 2013-12-20 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StRaIgHtJaCkEt View Post
    Un, no. You must not have much knoweldge about other classes. Shadow Priests are worst class in the game for belts and are the worst caster in the game when it comes to mobility on fights.

If you ask a shadow priest to go on belt they always have to save DP3, which means their dps priority through out the fight becomes significant hampered. They Could Save Mind Spike charges.. DP3.. but this is really suboptimal. Where as you could just ask a warlock to go on the belt and cast while moving.

Shadow Priests
    -They cannot cast while moving(unless they have procs available) - Warlocks can with Kiljadean Cunning talent.

Elemental shamans and Warlocks are the best caster to put on the belt and in general elemental shaman, hunter, warlock, are top choices for belt teams for ranged options. Priest/mage should be last option for belt in almost any group that wants to optimize performance of the entire raid.

Now if a SP/Mage wants to hop on the belt because its fun and they're good at it and it doesnt hamper raid performance then good for them. But in general its just not an optimal strategy.
    levitate op...

Shadow Priests

Being able to cast our low damage filler while moving is a great benefit to us for doing damage on the belts. /s

I get your point, but Warlocks benefit the raid a LOT more when they stay on the platform to handle the mechanics down there than losing less personal damage preparing for a belt run.

Shadow Priests

Let's be honest, if you really want to optimize your raid comp, you wouldn't bring a shadow priest at all.

The point to leaving a warlock on the main platform as opposed to a shadow priest or other caster is that a warlock's possible damage output is FAR higher than that of any other caster. Yes, we have KJC and MAY be able to do belt a little bit easier than other casters - but you're losing out on far more platform dps by doing so.

Also - nice necro.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)