Ban first, ask Questions later for experienced Users

Hi often times I see posts from Spam Bots and of course the Mods can't take action immediately after they are being reported. What I suggest is a yahoo Clever-ish system where people, who successfully report maleficient posts repeatedly, get some sort of Power upgrade which causes posts reported by them to be removed first and investigated afterwards.

I believe this will make Spammers fighting more efficient.
    Capitalism, Ho!

I would love this . I think i reported like 30 in just a mounth. (maybe less or more dont know realy)

It'll never work. It'll be abused.

Honest suggestion: I know the kinds of posts you're talking about and it sucks to see them during a dead hour of the night when there are no mods around. The best course of action to see them get removed is for you to apply to be a moderator, if you truly do have a good enough "report post" history.

Mods usually get to things quick enough most times of the day. Yes, there are times when there aren't as many on, but allowing your average poster to have their reported posts immediately removed isn't something that I think should happen. It will definitely be taken advantage of.

If you Report it it is way enough.

Due to that it will popup in a mods TODO-list and proabably beeing resolved within minutes.

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    We should have active mods pretty much 24/7 since we're all over the world in a wide-variety of time zones. Sometimes they do get missed if they are in smaller forums that only have a few active mods, but those forums might also be low traffic enough that not enough people would report it anyway for a system like that to work effectively.

Please report those posts when you see them and we will do our best to handle them ASAP.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

The best answer would be to just make Reg a mod! lol :P

Reporting the post and not replying is the most efficient way to take care of it. All you do when you reply is make the post more visible to others

@Reg - Applications are always open

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Reporting the post and not replying is the most efficient way to take care of it. All you do when you reply is make the post more visible to others

@Reg - Applications are always open

Pst..can you remove 30s wait time for report then . Kinda anoying because spambot usualy posts 4-10 at same time and you kinda have to wait 30s. (and permabanning BOT ip would be a great idea....unless they use a program for ip change )

not good with computers
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Pst..can you remove 30s wait time for report then . Kinda anoying because spambot usualy posts 4-10 at same time and you kinda have to wait 30s. (and permabanning BOT ip would be a great idea....unless they use a program for ip change )
    If you report one post by the spambot user we will take care of all of the posts on that account.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It'll never work. It'll be abused.
    I do suggest to "ask question later". All reports should continue to be reviewed of course.
    My Intention is that the Amount of Spam Bots decline because a) their posts are removed quicker and b) they are desincentivised to post when they know their posts won't be up for long to begin with.
    Capitalism, Ho!

The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    I really don't see a way in which this is not abused when people post legitimate stuff others just don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    My Intention is that the Amount of Spam Bots decline because a) their posts are removed quicker and b) they are desincentivised to post when they know their posts won't be up for long to begin with.
    We recently (read: as of today) made some changes to the spam filter that should cause most of these spam bots to get caught quicker (and not even show up for regular users in the first place).
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work