After how many Pyro crits do i pop combustion?

Hey,

since combustion hits for shit nowadays ist not so important anymore. Still. When i use my PoM/AT Combo i have potential 8 pyros in a row that i could shoot out. Lets say i crit the first 3, should i now pop combustion?

I mean it most likely wont get better over time, cause you lose the ignite and the risk you dont crit at some Point is very possible.

So when do i pop Combustion?

After 2 crit? 3 crit? Go to the end of my pyro chain and hope?

Thx

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ignite is usually highest just as the 2nd PoM is in the air, so you should pop it then. This will vary from time to time of course. For the first combustion, it's really important to use it before meta gem proc runs out, but this shouldn't be a problem unless you have really bad luck with crits

10+ Year Old Account
    If you crit the first 3pyros skip PoM, reset AT do 1more pyro for the ignite and use comb instantly after releasing the 5th while the 5th is in the aire but before the 5th hit.

- 4 pyrocrits are perfect for a big ignite
    - if you have 2-3 pyrocrits at the beginning skip the first PoM

Your ignite is the number you should watch not pyroblast. Previously before 5.1 if I remember correctly, 1/3 of pyroblast dot and half your ignite were your combustion dot. This was changed briefly to 100% of ignite and then to 50%. As of 5.4, combustion is now 20% of your ignite.

hmm whats the difference between a pom pyro and a pyro proc for the ignite :O?

10+ Year Old Account
    pom pyro does 25% less damage

Deleted
    4 is the perfect number due to how ignite works. Non PoM pyros do more than PoM pyros. So getting as many non PoM pyro into your last 4 is the best result. This is usually as your second PoM pyro is in the air but before it hits.

Deleted
    Use CombustionHelper (or any other similar AddOn) to track your Ignite and Combust whenever you're happy with the number you've got.

Maximize your Ignite by getting tons of Insta-Pyro's. NEVER Combust after a PoM-Pyro has hit the target, since it does lower damage than the procced Pyro.

The first Combust you cast should be after your Alter Time macro. The second one I like to combine with Synapse Springs (if you're an Engineer) whenever you have the appropriate procs. Third one should be up with your Alter Time macro again and just continue like so.