Seriously. Alter Time, can you not stop being such a piece of shit sometimes? Because of how frustrating this spell is to me, I've found myself only using it once on pulls and MAYBE (though not frequent) a second time later in the fight, regardless of how long a fight lasts.
Yeah, I'm aware this is a hefty DPS-loss at times, but I cannot find a feasible way to effectively time it when I have so many things to watch for it, including:
- Trinket/Gear Procs (Roughly 4)
- Class Procs (1-2)
- Cooldowns (Just a few)
- HP (What I typically forget to check)
- What is about to happen in the fight (Is a mechanic about to bitchsmack you for 90% HP?)
-- What is going to happen in about 6 seconds after you pop AT (Is said mechanic going to kill you AFTER AT?)
And yet it seems every time, one of the following situations will happen:
- I give up waiting for PBoI to proc and pop AT, only to have it proc and be completely wasted in the Alter Time
- I see all my procs and HP are good, but then forget I didn't have any procs
- I'll Alter Time with super low HP (because again, I fail at watching that sometimes...) and lose all the healing I received in the AT, or
- I'll pop it at a horribly inconvenient time (I have died to Lightning Whip on Heroic Lei Shen because of it once, but that was pure stupidity lol)
Oh and the best part is how it keeps Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp's debuff, BUT resets it if some asshole cast it during your AT.
But seriously, I'd like to know, how do you get Alter Time to be significantly less troll-y? It seems like every time I use it outside of pull, it's always more harmful than helpful (and even on pull, PBoI LOVES to torment me ;_; )