Poll: Do you want the next expansion to take place on (yet another) homeland of the Orcs?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Question Are you tired of all the Orc stuff?

Are you tired of all the Orc stuff? Garrosh for an entire expansion, and if people think that Warlods of Draenei will be the next expansion, than it takes place in the homeland of Orcs *sigh*

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with WoD assuming it's not time travel based.

I know, "here we go again."

But if we're going back in time, you bet your sorry gingerbread ass it'll be Orc-heavy. Grom Hellscream may be the villain!

If it's set in our current time, it'll probably be more legion-based, and that gives folks like the Draenei a chance to shine again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Are you tired of all the Orc stuff? Garrosh for an entire expansion, and if people think that Warlods of Draenei will be the next expansion, than it takes place in the homeland of Orcs *sigh*
    Nope. I love orcs, their story is great imo. And because it has Draenor in the name doesn't necessarily mean we'll go there.

On a side note regarding your sig; Hearthstone isn't even released yet, nor is it Blizzard priority, so it's not gonna be for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nope, draenei are boring race that doesnt deserve any lore. Orcs are superior race, and now that they are reunited with great Go'el he will lead them into new age of prosperity. Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nope, draenei are boring race that doesnt deserve any lore. Orcs are superior race, and now that they are reunited with great Go'el he will lead them into new age of prosperity. Also:

That's at least how I feel.

C'mon, where the love for other non-Orc races, there been so much Thrall, Garrosh, Orc race, Horde this Horde that.
    And now visit Draenor? No-no, like.. Hey leftover Orcs, we come to save you, again.. And we want to do more Orc archaeology!

10+ Year Old Account
    How was it Garrosh for an entire expansion? It was really only the last 1/3 or so that was focused on Garrosh. Before that it was all Pandaren, Sha, and Mogu.

As Blizzard said, when you get right down to it Warcraft is Orcs vs. Humans. Humans are boring so that means more Orc stories! Really though, we have no idea what the focus of the next expansion will be. Lets at least wait until the actual announcement before freaking out about more "horde/orc favoritism."

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    How was it Garrosh for an entire expansion? It was really only the last 1/3 or so that was focused on Garrosh. Before that it was all Pandaren, Sha, and Mogu.

As Blizzard said, when you get right down to it Warcraft is Orcs vs. Humans. Humans are boring so that means more Orc stories! Really though, we have no idea what the focus of the next expansion will be. Lets at least wait until the actual announcement before freaking out about more "horde/orc favoritism."
    The title and rumors of a focus on Grom do not bode well.

After SoO, I'm really tired of orcs for sure. I'd rather see the tauren get a lot more action, they are currently the only Horde race that has been left out forever on WoW. Even Cairne got a cheap off-screen death, the freaking faction leader of the tauren...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. I love Warcraft's lore; and obviously the Orcs play a large part in that.

I would really want to avoid fighting another "corrupted orc" as a bad guy for awhile though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

No, I'm tired of all the troll stuff. Every. Single Expansion. Without fail so far. Someone at Blizzard has a troll fetish. Probably a shrunken head one or something. The stuff we've been getting is far more just 'Garrosh' than 'orc stuff'.
    Last edited by Luneward; 2013-11-03 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    Not at all. I love Warcraft's lore; and obviously the Orcs play a large part in that.

I would really want to avoid fighting another "corrupted orc" as a bad guy for awhile though.
    I rather have us visit the homeland of Draenei, Argus - than a mysterious exploded little part of Draenor with full of leftover Orcs and we need to like befriend them and stuff. It's been so much:

"We must follow Garrosh that got away to Draenor and kill Warlods and find new Orcs to make friends with
    plus Thrall wants to find his really real really real dad and mom on the leftover Orcs planet Draenor!" WoD
    "We must stop Garrosh the bad Orc!" MoP
    "We must help Thrall save the world!" Cata

Horde'Horde'Horde'Orcs'Orcs'Orcs'Aaaaaaaaaah!
    Last edited by Gnome; 2013-11-03 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
    No, I'm tired of all the troll stuff. Every. Single Expansion. Without fail so far. Someone at Blizzard has a troll fetish. Probably a shrunken head one or something.
    Trolls were once the dominant race of the world, though, and had arguably the largest empire ever, so it's only made sense we've seen them almost everywhere we go and they have a hand in the story here and there.

They're always just minor, to-the-side badguys so it's really not like they're super in your face. Trolls have been fine and I look forward to many more troll-themed dungeons and raids in the next expansions.

yes. I never really liked orcs. but on WotLK I actually started hating them. I play undead, and the kor'kron guards in my city being rude to me for something I didn't do (and for crying out loud, for something I fought against), well, those guys made me angry.

so don't get me wrong: I loved the opportunity to wreck their shit on siege of orgrimmar, but I'd rather not have to see their ugly mugs anymore.

on a bright side, the new warchief is a troll, so I'm no longer an unwilling sidekick of the orcs
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs > more trolls.

Congratulations for screwing up the poll. You asked if we're tired of all the Orc stuff. Then the poll questions asks the complete opposite. Good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc stuff is fine, just hoping its good & not garbage.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Congratulations for screwing up the poll. You asked if we're tired of all the Orc stuff. Then the poll questions asks the complete opposite. Good job.
    You must read. Some people these days.
    Questions stays in the poll title.

nope , not sick of it yet as there are still orcs alive . Until they are totally extinct then keep bringing them on

Depending on the exact setting of WoD, we actually don't know how Orc-heavy the expansion is going to be.

If it's set in a sufficiently remote area of Draenor, we might not find all that many Orcs at all. And the Orcs we do find might be members of remote, culturally distinct, clans who never joined the Horde at all.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

You know, at its core, Warcraft has always been about Orcs. If there were no Orcs, there never would've been Warcraft. Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.